Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oddly appropriate as a series finale and yet…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kache View Post
    Or a couple hundred years later Tau'ri ships enter their hyperspace course, board the ship, stop the travel and get them in a new home (the new Earth).
    And they'll call it E2. While trying to settle the planet, they find that Earth had previously sent their worst convicts, as well as an indigenous race of bipedal aliens who use subteranean methods of travel. Once there, they also find that the gate is broken and has no power, however they find a rare vine that coupled with a liquid with unique properties....

Oh wait. Been done before. To death.

Comment

they find the 12 colonies?

Comment

The series finale was a heartbreakingly bittersweet one, the finest I've ever seen out of any genre. It remains true to the nature of the show while allowing the adventure to continue even if only in our minds. I prefer to think of it as a hiatus rather than a finale, though. Since Stargate has always taken place present day, the show-runners have brilliantly provided MGM and Syfy (or someone else) a three year window that the show could possibly be renewed within. Do we have a petition going anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
          they find the 12 colonies?
          And the final five!

Comment

Originally posted by tlblitzer View Post
            You know, it would sure be nice to know what the entire arc of the story was supposed to be from the perspective of the writers and creaters of the story. Certainly they had plans for Season 3 and beyond. For the sake of fans, spill the beans.
            PLEASE don't spill the beans! Hear me out...

The time frame of this episode may, and this is a HUGELY optimistic outlook on things, be a positive thing for the show. Just think, if we, the Stargate fans stay strong and keep growing, who's to say 3 years isn't long enough to resurrect the series with either more show or a movie? Serenity happened in 2 years.

I honestly think with the way the show was left, it could be done. We would come back in 3 years and see what happens, following the time line of the show. Now weather or not the entire cast could come back after so long is another story, but let's not dwell on the negative aspects....I for one was ...almost...in tears at the end of the finale and need to cling onto every piece of optimism I can right now, as I'm sure many other fans also feel.

To me, the end could not be more fitting. I think the last 5 minutes were the most, in a word: beautiful, of the entire series for so many reasons. Not only the subject matter of the show, but how it was written in a "just in case" sort of way, as well as us knowing that it's done for now.

It's very difficult for me to describe how I'm feeling right now...should mention that I just finished the finale a few minutes ago. Some people, including my former self, will come out and say "dude it's a TV show get over it" but for some reason I can't. It's not just a TV show to me, it's quite a bit more for a lot of reasons...and I've only been into Stargate for a year and a half. I never, never! get into TV shows like this, like the entire Stargate franchise, and it's heartbreaking to see the show go, it really is. Myself, honestly, I can't think of anything better than Universe in the franchise. When/if Stargate comes back, I feel it will be a disappointment because everything about this show is just so perfect. I love this group of people and don't want to see a different cast on another show set anywhere besides Destiny. I need to stop talking about this, getting depressed! gah!

I like what kellx said earlier in this thread:
            It left so many things open but at the same time gave a feeling of closure.
            That sums it up nicely. I felt torn both ways all the way through. Heart started beating faster when I knew it was getting towards the end because...I didn't want it to end.

That was the most "insert every adjective depicting glee and sadness here" conclusion I have ever seen and just have nothing else to say but how upset I am now that it's over for good.

Do you guys feel my pain or am I just being odd?
            I'm actually to the point where I need to do something to take my mind off of it because I'm a little too upset right now to want to keep thinking about the show.
            Last edited by Brian; 23 May 2011, 08:37 PM.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by dacooker
            The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              {I didn't include much of the rest of the quote, but it can be read above...}

That was the most "insert every adjective depicting glee and sadness here" conclusion I have ever seen and just have nothing else to say but how upset I am now that it's over for good.

Do you guys feel my pain or am I just being odd?
              I'm actually to the point where I need to do something to take my mind off of it because I'm a little too upset right now to want to keep thinking about the show.
              No, Brian, you're not odd. Your one comment is just enough to tell that I'm with you, man, through and through. I just finished watching the last of it myself and feel just about the same. The right adjective is bittersweet and there are no synonyms for it in the Wiktionary.

I think I'm going to write a review/analysis of some sort.
              • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
              • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
              • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Working...
              X