Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oddly appropriate as a series finale and yet…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddly appropriate as a series finale and yet…

The lights on Destiny shutting down was a very nice parallel to the beginning of Air and we can all make up our own versions of what happens (Eli fixes the Pod and they all wake up in 3 years, eli fixed the pod, but the calculations are off and they never wake up or wake in 1,000 years, or Eli doesn't fix the pod and falls on his sword) so I don't feel like it was a total cliff hanger.

But my God, this show is so good. This episode was incredible. It's a crime that we're not going to get to see the rest of this series.

Perfecto!

RIP SGU and RIP Stargate

I rewatched the end with the repeat showing and I totally agree. While I know it wasn't intended to be a series ending it fit the role quite nicely.

Comment

Ahh, double post from a misclick.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater276 View Post
        RIP SGU and RIP Stargate .
        stargate;'s not dead
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

You know, it would sure be nice to know what the entire arc of the story was supposed to be from the perspective of the writers and creaters of the story. Certainly they had plans for Season 3 and beyond. For the sake of fans, spill the beans. I never missed an episode. I will miss Stargate Universe. It will be fun to see which characters will move on with suffessful careers in show business. I remember when my other favorite show Earth 2 was cancelled back in 1995. Actors such as Clancy Brown, Jessica Steen, and Rebecca Gayheart.

Comment

So sad. It will be interesting to see what happens to the actors and their careers. This reminds me when Earth 2 was cancelled in 1995. So sad. Some actors had semi-successful careers after that including Rebecca Gayheart , Clancy Brown and Jessica Steen.

Comment

Actually Eli fixes the pod, gets into it but Destiny drops out at the edge of teh galaxy and they wake up in 13 million years.

Comment

indeed

Comment

Or Eli can't fix the pod and uploads himself into the computer with the chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                    Or Eli can't fix the pod and uploads himself into the computer with the chair.
                    That isnt a bad ideia(if all else fails)
                    But wouldnt that use up alot of power?
                    "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
                    with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

It's not really 'oddly appropriate'; the writers knew from the final ratings of season 1, let alone 2.5 that there was a decent chance that the show would not be renewed for a third season and created an appropriate ending. This happened at least two times with SG1, unfortunately for SGU it wasn't as lucky with being renewed.

Comment

Might be another re-occurance of the Faithliens intervention

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                          Actually Eli fixes the pod, gets into it but Destiny drops out at the edge of teh galaxy and they wake up in 13 million years.
                          Eli stumbles on rush's equation wall 1 week and 6 days later, makes a y into an x, solves it, wakes everyone up, inputs "super secret command code 1" as provided by solved equation............. destiny transforms into "battleship" mode, pwns drones with ease, greer is very pleased.
                          sigpic
                          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                            Eli stumbles on rush's equation wall 1 week and 6 days later, makes a y into an x, solves it, wakes everyone up, inputs "super secret command code 1" as provided by solved equation............. destiny transforms into "battleship" mode, pwns drones with ease, greer is very pleased.
                            I approve!
                            We will call it... DESTINY BATTLESTAR

Comment

I almost cried, god****it... almost perfect, what a great ending (very sad, but great).

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
                              I approve!
                              We will call it... DESTINY BATTLESTAR
                              Hell with battlestar stuff, BSG was a curse to sci-fi - if never happened, SGU could've had a different beginning (no dark drama bs) and still live.

I say we call it Super Dimensional Fortress MacDestiny
                              One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                              sigpic
                              Sith Nazghul

Comment

Working...
                              X