Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[B]Story "A young man and the real cause of SG death" [/B]"

[B]Story "A young man and the real cause of SG death"

story will be like Davinchi Code. Will be based on the companies that handled my favorite series SG1, SGA and SGU.

I'm not good at writing stories on paper but I've always liked inventing and let my imagination run.

This story begins when a young man sees his favorite show canceled. Since this series is the only one that attracts him. He start to learn more about the SG beginning, its creators and companies that are related to it. For a while he thought to consider the reasons why his show was canceled. CIFY bad decisions, the MJM state of bankruptcy who owns the rights and/or the economy. But one question came into his mind. How is it possible that a company with many years in the market make mistakes that even ordinary people consider whiteout logic. Not only that, but this happened on several occasions. He had the belief that nothing in the universe happens for a reason.
    During one interview with one of his favorite actors. The Actor seed that MJM isn’t more MJM now is Skyglass. Having experience in business began to wonder what was the relationship between MJM and Skyglass. After researching and seeing that MJM is the owner of the largest libraries of Hollywood, the real price of the company, and the fact that Skyglass is only a manager not the owner of MJM. He began to have a theory about why his program had been canceled and MJM archive the franchise. And this talk of a conspiracy theory much money and control of a company.
    The theory of the young man is as follows.
    Skyglass want MJM but the price is too high or they wand a lower price. MJM is declared bankrupt. Skyglass dissident take the opportunity. MGM lake any company whant to mantein his power an ownership but need a money and make a deal whit Skyglass. Skyglass negotiate whit MJM and give 3 billion dollars. Skyglass stay ahead of the company but MJM retains all its rights and 95% of the company. Skyglass only have 5% and company but the deal will cost 3 billion. If Skyglass the 100% of MJM. The only way is forced to sell and in the best for is at very low cost. In this period CIFY make some move that don’t made sense and all the most important franchise of MJM die for it. Maybe Skyglass make some deal whit CIFY for end some franchise. The move going to cost 3 billion but in that case they are in better position for buy MJM and make appear like they are the solution for thefor the survival of the franchise. But if CIFY make that deal they going to lost the most profitable program. If they want to survive the transition thy need another way to make mony. For it thy opt to buy WWIE and use it for excuse that the most profitable series become shifted in from the prime time hours. CIFY kill all Sci Fy series and only need to hold until Skyglass acquire MJM. But CIFY need money, they don’t know how long it going to take. For this they design a plan but cannot change the production line. If thay do that they going to raise suspicions. For that they continuing all projects but they cut the money assigned for all the project
    The young man now give the opportunity for you to finish the story.

Sorry for my English

It's only a story from my mine

the horse's corpse has rotted, and we're still flogging it.

syfy dropped SGU because the show was struggling from a little into the first season, and failed to pick up in the second season. it wasn't making up the numbers it should have been anyway, especially considering the costs involved and the fact that there are 2 shows, 15 seasons, and 3 movies preceding SGU in the franchise.

there are multiple threads dealing with this.

there's even been an accusation levelled at syfy on their twitter page. their response:

darryljholmes darryl holmes
    @Syfy,were all on to your game............... http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...ience-fiction/
    4 May
    in reply to ↑

@Syfy
    Craig Engler
    @darryljholmes No game. As I explained to @Gateworld, the issues SGU had retaining viewers were on Fri nights well before wrestling.
    4 May via web
    also, they were asked who makes the decisions about cancellations, and they responded:

@Syfy
    Craig Engler
    Q) @JoelMooney217 Who makes the decision what's to be cancled, A) Depends per show. Many will think this is a platitude, but...
    4 May via web

@Syfy
    Craig Engler
    @JoelMooney217 Ultimately the audience decides. Every show we make we want to succeed; it's all about if viewers come and stay.
    4 May via web
    no conspiracy, and if you bother to check the viewer numbers on the gateworld pages, you'll find that season 1 was on a rather downward trend. syfy tried changing the night, and that didn't help - season 2, for the most part, is lower than season 1. the decision was made to support the show, not kill it, because it was already failing in the slot it was expected to perform in.

SGU wasn't making the profits that were expected, even necessary for keeping the show running at syfy's end.

MGM failed to address falling numbers on a creative level. they also failed to find another broadcaster willing to take SGU on - had they succeeded, SGU could have kept going. SG1 used to be on Showtime, who decided to cancel it - and the then-SciFi channel took it on. it's happened before in the history of the franchise, and there is no reason - other than MGM needing too high a price - that it could not have happened again.

WWE did not kill SGU. in fact, some claim WWE would have helped if it had been SGU's lead-in show.

SGU simply failed to deliver acceptable numbers, was given an extra chance, and failed again. there is no conspiracy.

edit to add
    another accusation and response i missed in the above, from syfy's twitter page:
    JFKingsmill16 Joseph Kingsmill Jr
    @
    @Syfy Blog all you want. It still want change how you are canceling quality programing for WWE & reality trash. #SGU @SaveSGU @TvMiller
    4 May
    in reply to ↑

@Syfy
    Craig Engler
    @JFKingsmill16 Another misconception. Shows aren't canceled for other shows, we have room for all to succeed. In fact that's desirable.
    Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Nothing happens by coincidence. Think for a minute three companies, many years of experience they knew they need a balance between drama and explosions. The main straff group MGM making a difficult decision to save the franchise. Make several big-budget series like SGU and Caprica. Clearly if these fail kill MGM. Two series in the same style, knowing that the first failure is because the slow plot. They knew that if removed to SGA and change it for SGU they going to get problems whit the fans of SGA. Simple explanation for “not make the right choice” SGU is too expensive. And that is not coming from SGU is earlier. Check the Syfy side thy are making the same mistake over and over. Shifting the hours of all Sci Fy series. How the make the same mistake white Sanctuary???????????????????? They only needed to kill SGU to get an excuse for end with SG franchise and movies. Movie a good profit to MGM and Syfy don’t see it. This is business I’m known, and nothing concrete just speculation. I would not worry about the show. They know what they got but for see back all sometime going to pass. Friend’s companies make so many mistakes but not over and over and the same. When it happen only happen because someone wants it. For the story reason or another. This the real form how our world work.

and i don't accuse to any one its only a cool story like Dvichi Code some ting real some ting not and almost all it, you can look like a theory not a causation

Another ting for a conspiration all the time you need a "real" reson for do it and dont show the real intention -_-

hey dude in case it is real they can't accept it. Its illegal -_-
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 May 2011, 06:32 AM. Reason: Merged for your convenience.No post content/wording modified at all.

Comment

correct, nothing is coincidence: SGU was failing even before it got shifted. the day change was an attempt to appeal to a larger potential audience - otherwise, SGU should probably have been cancelled after season 1.

Caprica is under Universal Studios - not MGM. thus, not even relevant to your theory.

Sanctuary, as i understand, is a considerably cheaper show - and again, isn't MGM. it can survive with less viewers.

WWE has a solid, established, and frankly very profitable audience on its current timeslot - unlike shows, such as SGU, which have struggled where they were expected to succeed. SyFy have to try to shift things around to make them work, and that's exactly what they're doing. shows which get cancelled are shows which are failing even after change. i did quote above from SyFy's twitter regarding SGU's decline on friday nights... only an idiot would have kept it where it wasn't working.

you're not even giving believably false names - you've slightly altered the companies involved. you're not writing the davinci code, you're making a poorly-veiled attempt to accuse SyFy of doing this to destroy MGM.

you need a bogus reason to believe there is a conspiracy. that does not mean the information given by SyFy is anything other than truth - just that you refuse to accept the information they provide, because you can't accept that SGU was already dying.

i'll say it again, and i'll try to explain better: MGM and TPTB failed to address falling numbers on a creative level. they took a well-established franchise, and broke from the model that had made it work so well for 15 seasons. when they saw that the new model wasn't working, they failed to react in time. they started season 1 with 2.3 million viewers, and had 1.4 million on the final episode of season 1 - all on friday nights. that's just under 1 million viewers lost. the seasonal low point was 1.1 million.

obviously, TPTB felt their direction was appropriate and acceptable. unfortunately for them, and for MGM, the viewers appear to have disagreed and departed fairly early on. SyFy saw the reduction in numbers, and decided to change things to see if it would help. i understand, from several posts on these forums, that tuesdays have a larger potential audience - as well as much stronger competition. however, SyFy clearly felt the greater potential was worth aiming for.

instead, SGU has dropped considerably from season 1 - with 16 out of 19 episodes aired so far under 1.1 million viewers. only one episode beat the season 1 low point. for an apparently strong franchise which should, in theory, have done better with a larger pool of viewers to draw from, SGU was an embarrassment.

MGM, of course, had a perfectly plausible option open to them - try to find another broadcaster. they haven't done this. i don't know whether they tried or not. they've done it in the past, when SG1 moved from Showtime to SyFy (then SciFi) in the first place. either MGM didn't want to move broadcasters this time, or they were demanding a price that was too high for a show which wasn't succeeding - even before it faced changes which ultimately saw it depart the stage.

for your reference:
        Caprica production and distribution: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799862/companycredits
        Sanctuary production and distribution: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0965394/companycredits

Comment

How is any of this fanfic, really?
          Spoiler:

And why do I have the feeling I'm going to really regret posting in this thread?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

mods shoved it here from, iirc, the SGU general thread.

i think the fact that it's a 'davinci code' claim by the OP would have affected it.

if you want to avoid the stuff already mentioned, stay clear... and stay clear of the several threads in the SGU and Stargate General formus that cover all the reasons except this thread's OP's rather deluded fantasy

Comment

The thread was moved here because that's exactly where SG fanfic ideas normally go.

If Mariachi can construct a fanfic story/satire that's fine,but if he doesn't want to continue :that's fine too, and one of the Mods can lock the thread.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
              X