Ronan the King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronan the King

I basically wanted to start a Lord Khal Drago thread where fellow fans of Jason Mamoa's work as Ronan Dex on SGA and now Game of Thrones could hang out and share some conversation.

I know Game of Thrones is still very new (I hope that they don't kill off his character early) I do NOT read spoilers lol I am a huge fan of the Ronan Dex character//Mamoa's work on SGA - And from the very few scenes we have seen of his character (Lord Drago) in Game of Thrones so far, it looks like another winner for him (hopefully they will let him speak a little more) lol

So please share any and all - thoughts - observations - idea's - things you would like to see from his character - comparisons to Dex - thoughts on the show itself - etc...

Watching Mamoa and Game of Thrones sure does make me miss SGA.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

So Ronon v Khal Drogo v Conan? Who would win?
    Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 07 May 2011, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Ronon has a particle magnum.

My question is, assuming the language barrier could be breached, how do you think Ronon and Khal Drogo would get along?

Comment

Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post

My question is, assuming the language barrier could be breached, how do you think Ronon and Khal Drogo would get along?
        Well Khal Drogo is a bit of a darker character and all, what with being a bit rapey with his new wife. Not sure that Ronon would be particularly approving of that. Or the the whole slavery thing that the Drothraki practice. More than likely you’d have Conan and Ronon team up to kill Khal Drogo.

Ronon has a particle magnum.
        Maybe, but according to a spoliery interview with Jason Momoa, he as Khal Drogo quite literally
        Spoiler:
        tears a guy’s tongue out later in the season.
        Which means he may not have the most awesome weapon, but in terms of being a badass, that’s pretty hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          Well Khal Drogo is a bit of a darker character and all, what with being a bit rapey with his new wife. Not sure that Ronon would be particularly approving of that. Or the the whole slavery thing that the Drothraki practice. More than likely you’d have Conan and Ronon team up to kill Khal Drogo.
          LOL. Although the queen seems like she is starting to enjoy her King a lot more now. Drago and his people sure did give us an early impression of total barbarism, but the more we see and learn of them, the less barbaric they seem. I could actually see Drago and his people as the "good guys" that come to help with the seemingly imminent fight with the White Walkers (again I don't read spoilers, so I am guessing)

Mamoa sure has pumped up his upper body (esp. his chest) for his role as Drago. As a body buidler/retired power lifter I can appreciate the work he puts into his body.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
            Mamoa sure has pumped up his upper body (esp. his chest) for his role as Drago. As a body buidler/retired power lifter I can appreciate the work he puts into his body.
            He had to shoot the pilot twice because the actress originally playing Dany pulled out - apparently he wasn't nearly so bulky the first time around but was bigger the second time because his prep for Conan.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
              LOL. Although the queen seems like she is starting to enjoy her King a lot more now. Drago and his people sure did give us an early impression of total barbarism, but the more we see and learn of them, the less barbaric they seem. I could actually see Drago and his people as the "good guys" that come to help with the seemingly imminent fight with the White Walkers (again I don't read spoilers, so I am guessing)
              Well the Drothraki are still pretty barbaric, ask any of their slaves, or the cities they burn. It's just that no one else can claim to be particularly nicer or any more civilised in the world either.

Comment

The Dothraki are basically the Mongols and Khal Drogo is like Genghis Khan. In fact, Khal Drogo kills someone using a method similar to how Genghis Khan killed Inalchuq, the governor of a city who was foolish enough to steal a Mongol caravan.

Comment

Interview with Jason Momoa on his character, Khal Drogo
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMHS6...el_video_title

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMHS6...el_video_title
                    He's a little rusty on his Dothraki
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi all. I just started watching Game of Thrones thanks to the head's up from my very good friend brother Fifth Race

I have to admit I rather like what I have seen so far. He didn't even tell me that Jason Mamoa was in the show (turned out to be a nice surprise). I see they aren't giving him any lines so far lol poor guy, us fellow SGA fans know he can act, sort of lol

OK, so here is a one of total fantasy/ridiculous scenario/comparisons that a lot of us scifi fans like to throw around occasionally - So who would kick who's butt...Ronan vs. Drago It could be my love for SGA and the Dex character, but I have Ronan taking out Lord Drago with some Martial Art type fighting that Drago won't be able to counter.

Comment

Awesome stuff Mighty 6. Thanks for posting it

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post

I have to admit I rather like what I have seen so far. He didn't even tell me that Jason Mamoa was in the show (turned out to be a nice surprise). I see they aren't giving him any lines so far lol poor guy, us fellow SGA fans know he can act, sort of lol

OK, so here is a one of total fantasy/ridiculous scenario/comparisons that a lot of us scifi fans like to throw around occasionally - So who would kick who's butt...Ronan vs. Drago It could be my love for SGA and the Dex character, but I have Ronan taking out Lord Drago with some Martial Art type fighting that Drago won't be able to counter.
                          I wouldn't place all bets on Ronon, we've yet to see Drogo actually fight, so we don't know what his capabilities are. Also however good he is, this being Game of Thrones, we are guaranteed that he will kill people in as gory fashion as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                            Hi all. I just started watching Game of Thrones thanks to the head's up from my very good friend brother Fifth Race
                            Great to see you brother Starbase, I knew you would love GoT, and getting Momoa is a nice bonus.
                            Originally posted by Starbase
                            LOL, are we really going there my good friend. I'll get back to you when I see Lord Drago in some extended action (which I sure hope we get). One thing is for sure - he sure is going to have to go a very long way to even approach Dex's realm.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I wouldn't place all bets on Ronon, we've yet to see Drogo actually fight, so we don't know what his capabilities are. Also however good he is, this being Game of Thrones, we are guaranteed that he will kill people in as gory fashion as possible.
                              Wooohooo LOL I have little doubt that no matter what happens on GoT, Momoa's character (NO fault of his own), will fall well short of one Ronan Dex.

Well I just got home from working all night and I have a shiny new GoT episode on my Tivo. How many episode are we supposed to get for season 1?.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                              X