Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is OK for Destiny crew to date Novus people ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is OK for Destiny crew to date Novus people ?

The sex ratio of Destiny crew wasn't balance in the first place.
    And the Novus colonies are spread out over the Destiny's direction.

The million and millions of Novus decendent are directly decent from Destiny's 80 or so crew (except Dale Volker, and Dr Rush) .

After two thousand yr, virtually every crew member (except Dale Volker, and Dr Rush) are the direct blood ancestor of Novus people.

If the Novus people are fine after two thousand yr of inbreeding.Two thousand of random mutuation ,Geneticly it is probably save for Destiny crew and Novus people to date.

They are far from Earth , cultural taboo and judgments .

i saw star Trek episode of people travel back in time to marry people of the past, and even scfi character who claim to be their own father or grand father.

What is your opinion on the this subject? to date a gentic decendent

Perfectly fine. But it would have been a good story to write about in a third season presuming a few Novans stayed behind. As to the genetic problem, to me the fact they manage to cure ALS means that they were getting on top of the genetic problems, at least the Novans were. Not to sure about the Petersburg lot through.

One got to wonder when did the Novans people start seperating and why did the individual colonies did not keep in contact with each other. So many stories to tell, but its look Destiny is off to the Cancel Galaxy next.

Comment

Eli: "That sex was great!"
      Woman: "I'm your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter"

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Perfectly fine. But it would have been a good story to write about in a third season presuming a few Novans stayed behind. As to the genetic problem, to me the fact they manage to cure ALS means that they were getting on top of the genetic problems, at least the Novans were. Not to sure about the Petersburg lot through.

One got to wonder when did the Novans people start seperating and why did the individual colonies did not keep in contact with each other. So many stories to tell, but its look Destiny is off to the Cancel Galaxy next.
        What genetic problem would there be?

Comment

negative mutations express better in inbred populations because there are less "healthy" genes to compensate.

that's why many genetic diseases would flourish that on earth barely exist

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            Eli: "That sex was great!"
            Woman: "I'm your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter"
            Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!
            sigpic

Comment

I think personally, I'd make sure they were not a direct descendant before I "fell in love." Otherwise, I would not see a problem that far down the tree, so to speak.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                negative mutations express better in inbred populations because there are less "healthy" genes to compensate.

that's why many genetic diseases would flourish that on earth barely exist
                The Destiny crew lacks a lot of the genetic refuse found in the population at large. I think the genetic issues are greatly overblown.

Comment

In theory, I'd say it's not a big deal since it's been 2000 years and there's millions of them so it's not like they'd be having sex with a close relative.

In practice, though I'd say eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww gross!

Perfecto!

Comment

Arnt we descended from a small group that left Africa however long ago? You wouldnt feel dirty going back in time and dating some Girl from pre ice age Europe if you got stuck there and had to live out the rest of your life there.
                    I wouldnt see dating someone from Novus any different than dating the Girl that lives next door to me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Having almost 100 people to start a colony is not the ideal, but still they are above the 50, that is the limiar to survive.

And has been 2000 years! Really, tell me who was your ancestor from all this time ago? They would not know from who they are descendants.

Comment

Kate and Harry are 12th cousins, they seem to be fine.

Once you reach a certain point in the common descendant lineages, I don't think it really matters.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                          Arnt we descended from a small group that left Africa however long ago? You wouldnt feel dirty going back in time and dating some Girl from pre ice age Europe if you got stuck there and had to live out the rest of your life there.
                          I wouldnt see dating someone from Novus any different than dating the Girl that lives next door to me.
                          More likely we are from several groups that left Africa and interbred with Neanderthals. Would I feel dirty going back in time and getting it on with a cavegirl? Probably.

As for Novus, the genetic interdispersal would be somewhat limited but enough that there wouldn't be any kind of negative ramifications.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post

Once you reach a certain point in the common descendant lineages, I don't think it really matters.
                            They are not their cousins, they are their descentent.They are not only decended from the same people, they came from you.

80 somehting people (minus Dale Volker, and Dr Rush) spawn millions of decendent.
                            In theory every Destiny crew (minus Dale Volker, and Dr Rush) are the direct blood ancestor of Novus.

The are their children 's children's ........children's children's children.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post

true, after a certain amount of generations the genetics would naturally mutate and allow for more diversity. (Kind of funny how there is still Asianesque people when there was only four Asian people aboard and they were all women so they would be unable to breed with each other)

Comment

Working...
                              X