No announcement yet.

I think the drones were made by...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone remember when the Tolan people were supposidly harvested from Earth and planted on their world? I was pretty sure it was made out to seem that they advanced extraordinarily fast on their own. The drones are easily Tolan level tech (ion canons anyone?), so it could still be possible to be from the Novans.

There are other types of time loops than an N-snap. The alt. Destiny and ours could actually still be in the same timeline. The Novans always existed because Destiny always got duplicated by a 12 hour split.

Comment

Originally posted by geddarkstorm View Post
      There are other types of time loops than an N-snap. The alt. Destiny and ours could actually still be in the same timeline. The Novans always existed because Destiny always got duplicated by a 12 hour split.
      That's what I'm proposing. Also, who's to say "OUR" Destiny just wasn't the first one to encounter Alt Rush and Alt Destiny? The possibilities really could be endless.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
        Do you not remember geeky Sam Carter who thought her comment about reproductive organs being on the inside is a bad comment? The one with glasses and a dorky look getting it on with Jack in the puddle jumper in ancient Egypt? That is an alternate timeline, not reality.
        Well i thought you were talking about the reality from "There But for the Grace of God", my bad. Besides we KNOW that those two timelines are different, we SAW the differences PLUS there were consequences that led to that timeline being that way, namely Ra taking the Stargate from Earth. We have seen no differences as of yet:

ALTERNATE RUSH
        "Shortly after we dropped out of FTL, Colonel, you asked me for a number. I told you ten plus two."
        That happened in our timeline

Destiny was in the same condition as the alternate Destiny, which indicates that it too had been attacked by the drones.

I don't refuse to listen to reason, you refuse to broaden your imagination. I never said they never ran into the drones, I simply provided a possible alternative (which I think some others may agree could have happened, given all the comments about how the Novans could have created the drones) and shown how we were never told otherwise. You state we HAVE to assume something, and I say we should never assume anything. Seeing as we aren't writing the story and all.
        If you say we never assume anything then why are you assuming that the timelines were different before they went back in time?

You asked me to rebut it, so here goes... The two characters who made comments about the drones were born on the Colony World. Well after losing communications with Novus. Maybe Novus was never the target, nor the Tanerans. Maybe the drones were developed on a world colonized by the Tanerans centuries ago that lost contact with Novus specifically to defend against the evil demon Rush and his Chariot to Hell Destiny, and something went wrong. I don't really buy into that scenario, but it's possible that the writers could have gone in that direction. Who knows? Anything could have happened.
        When it comes down to it you are NOT offering any evidence to support your theory, I however am - check the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          Yeah...
          Your comment made it sound like Novus was there when the Stargate was uncovered and Ra came to earth. (Which is impossible because Ra took human form 10,000 years ago.)

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            The alternate Destiny encountered the drones BEFORE they went back in time. That Destiny never found Rush waiting for them so it never happened before. If it never happened before and the drones were built by Novus then that crew would have never encountered them.
            Really, wouldn't that be how the paradox would work though? It wouldn't be the first time in the SG universe that it's happened, Hammond knew about SG-1 going to 1969 before they actually did it.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              When it comes down to it you are NOT offering any evidence to support your theory, I however am - check the scoreboard.
              Oh geeze. Is that what this, a contest? Tell you what, I'll remove my self from the equation and not play your game. There is no score when we're debating fiction where anything can happen and anyone can come back from the dead. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                Oh geeze. Is that what this, a contest? Tell you what, I'll remove my self from the equation and not play your game. There is no score when we're debating fiction where anything can happen and anyone can come back from the dead. Peace.
                That was a metaphor for:
                ~My argument = 1 (evidence)
                ~Your argument = 0

Comment

Impossible. Drones have FTL/ hyperdrive technology. Novans did not have that technology or else they would have put them in their transport ships.

Comment

JM gave an answer - might have been discussed in another thread, I did not re-read everything. Okay, its JM, but I would believe him here:

Spoiler:
                    cat4444 writes: “Hey, any chance we’ll find out anything more about the origin of the drones that keep attacking Destiny or was that something that would have been followed up in Season 3 had there been one?”

Answer: It may well have been a story we could have touched on in season 3. Although we never really sat down and discussed, the backstory for the drones I originally included in Resurgence – that was later cut for time – talked about the fact that they were a weapon created by one side in an interstellar conflict. It proved all too effective, wiping out the enemy, then turning on its creators and wiping them out as well. As for who these creators were – I guess we’ll never know.

At least,

Spoiler:
                    its not the Novans...

Comment

Originally posted by geddarkstorm View Post
                      Does anyone remember when the Tolan people were supposidly harvested from Earth and planted on their world? I was pretty sure it was made out to seem that they advanced extraordinarily fast on their own. The drones are easily Tolan level tech (ion canons anyone?), so it could still be possible to be from the Novans.

IT WAS NOT THE NOVANS because they wouldn't build weapons of mass destruction if they KNEW what they were gonna be. + it couldn't have been them because the writers couldn't explain it.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                      X