No announcement yet.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Mockingjay Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The series was regular, the first book is good, but after that is downhill, the love story became boring and the action just is not there.

The final book was the worst and I'm happy there wans't a fourth, it would simply be horrible. And for the movie, I intend to see it, but don't have any good espectation

Comment

Originally posted by Kamosis View Post
      The series was regular, the first book is good, but after that is downhill, the love story became boring and the action just is not there.

The final book was the worst and I'm happy there wans't a fourth, it would simply be horrible. And for the movie, I intend to see it, but don't have any good espectation

Well at least you like something about the series, I personally try to not look at any of those I see the series as more of a symbol for the dystopian society
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        *shudders* at the thought of that series...I couldn't get past chapter 3 because of the infantile writing. ANYHOO...I was thinking of picking up the Hunger Games...but could someone give me a general idea of what happens in the series? I asked some of the hellions (aka students) at work...but ya know...you can't always trust teens.
        It's a good series, but doesn't have any action or huge love story , such as twilight or Harry potter,

The story is mostly affects of a dystopian society. If you like running man or 1984 , you understand and like the hunger games
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
          It's a good series, but doesn't have any action or huge love story , such as twilight or Harry potter,

The story is mostly affects of a dystopian society. If you like running man or 1984 , you understand and like the hunger games
          I might check it out at the school's library.
          sigpic

Comment

Nth he website for the upcoming movie are a great source too

Check out mockingjay.net , and capital couture.pn., Great sites for the hunger games information
            sigpic

Comment

Everyone should checkout or buy the latest hunger games illustrated movie companion. There is a lot of great information available
              sigpic

Comment

I finished 'Mockingjay' last night. Methinks the ending was pretty good and wrapped up the trilogy pretty well.

I do wonder how well these books would translate to the big screen, tho'.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                  I finished 'Mockingjay' last night. Methinks the ending was pretty good and wrapped up the trilogy pretty well.

I do wonder how well these books would translate to the big screen, tho'.
                  I think they are going to translate well , but they may have to change a few things because that is the case with page to the screen. I am sure many would agree with Harry Potter
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                    I just finished 'Hunger Games' last night (I was going to put it on the to-read pile, but I got curious...).
                    Pretty good, methinks. Just wondering: is it just me, or was the author quite, for lack of a better word in my head, 'loose' with grammar? Or was that intentional?
                    In any case, I liked the pacing and the characters for the most part. I just got back from the local bookstore with the other 2 books.
                    Since my own grammar is god awful, I'll trust you to explain what you mean.

Comment

I'm really excited about this movie now, gonna read the books after I watched it because I have so much else to read now, but the movie looks awesome, and I love the mystique actress!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                        I'm really excited about this movie now, gonna read the books after I watched it because I have so much else to read now, but the movie looks awesome, and I love the mystique actress!

Yeah you should get your tickets early, I don't know if there is a service such as that in Gotham , lol

Everyone check out mockingjay.net, for all the latest news on hunger games , and the hunger games fireside podcast on iTunes , best podcasts ever.
                        sigpic

Comment

Remember hunger games opens in theatres march 23 rd 2012
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                            Remember hunger games opens in theatres march 23 rd 2012
                            Yuppers...previews look awesome.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've read the trilogy.
                              And I am looking forward to seeing the 1st Movie.

From what I'm hearing Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) has signed on for 'Catching Fire'.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

hey guys I am in the UK now, but also check out The Hunger Games fireside Chat on itunes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X