How are they low on ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are they low on ammo?

This doesn't make sense. It is mentioned several times in this episode that they have a low ammo issue.

BUT

They got more guns when the Lucien alliance invaded. The Lucien alliance soldiers appeared to be caring FAMAS's (actually i think they are FAMAS's since the alliance has connections to earth, i wouldn't be surprised they got them off the black market). In fact one of the female soldiers in this episode appeared to be caring one of those FAMAS's.

And since the lucien alliance invasion, they haven't used up a lot of ammunition throughout season 2.

And didn't they just recently get a bunch of guns and ammo? They did after all raid what was left of the armory of the other Destiny, and since that ship traveled only 12 hours in the past, then it would have all the guns and ammo (including the Lucien alliance weapons) that the original Destiny hadn't used up.

So they mostly doubled there original stockpile of guns.

So why are they whining about low ammo?

This was the only thing I found strange about the episode. Only other times where they've seemed to use ammo would be:

- The Hunt (maybe when the base was attacked at beginning of ep)
    - Common Descent

I'm wondering of maybe the weapons would have been affected by heat -- which would mean that anything they didn't take with them would be lost.

That's another thing I don't get, why not take all of the weapons and ammo, and just leave them stocked at the gate. I know Young says they have to travel light, but it only seems logical to take as many weapons as possible to an unknown and, potentially hostile, planet.

Comment

they used up a lot of ammo in the Lucian Incursion.

though they took more guns from Twin Destinies, there is a difference between guns and ammo

Comment

also they might have not gone back for the guns that were lost when people were attacked in the episode the Hunt and they also don't show everything, its a bit like sg1 stuff happens that we dont see inbetween episodes not all episodes are like that but some remember its like 1 year for them per a season or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          they used up a lot of ammo in the Lucian Incursion.

though they took more guns from Twin Destinies, there is a difference between guns and ammo
          But wouldn't two identical time lines converging give you two of everything like they stated. We saw them clean out the entire armory they should have had double the ammo. I'm all for them keeping track. But this is stupid.

P.S. there is a thread just above this one created days before

Comment

The lucian alliance brought ALOT of guns with them (not just FAMAS's), and i know the crew did not leave any of those guns with the lucian members they left on that planet. With that, and double that amount from the other Destiny, they should have PLENTY of guns and ammo.

Comment

in Malice Simeon took a lot of weapons with him and when Rush killed him on the planet he just left him there with all the weapons on him, that was a waste too.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                This doesn't make sense. It is mentioned several times in this episode that they have a low ammo issue.

BUT

They got more guns when the Lucien alliance invaded. The Lucien alliance soldiers appeared to be caring FAMAS's (actually i think they are FAMAS's since the alliance has connections to earth, i wouldn't be surprised they got them off the black market). In fact one of the female soldiers in this episode appeared to be caring one of those FAMAS's.

And since the lucien alliance invasion, they haven't used up a lot of ammunition throughout season 2.
                Yes they did recieve some ammo and weapons from the LA but the ammo wouldnt work with Earth weapons, they would have to be repurposed to be used and I doubt that they had Earth weapons.

And didn't they just recently get a bunch of guns and ammo? They did after all raid what was left of the armory of the other Destiny, and since that ship traveled only 12 hours in the past, then it would have all the guns and ammo (including the Lucien alliance weapons) that the original Destiny hadn't used up.

So they mostly doubled there original stockpile of guns.

So why are they whining about low ammo?
                Yes, but 1+1=2 as opposed to 4,000,000, if there was not much in the first place then doubling it wouldnt make much difference.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdrts View Post
                  in Malice Simeon took a lot of weapons with him and when Rush killed him on the planet he just left him there with all the weapons on him, that was a waste too.
                  They had enough time to retrieve that ammo. Rush was probably adrenilized and didn't think about getting the bag. He would remind someone to go get it.

Comment

Their low on ammo because they've used a lot, and although they doubled it, that doesn’t really mean much when they were firing off a lot of rounds in season 1 and the first half of 2. So a low round count being doubled, isn’t going to lead to some huge stack of ammo, and the fact that they've since then fired off quite a few rounds in a couple of episodes then would decrease their ammo further.

Also you have the question of whether the Lucian Alliance weapons are the same calibre as the G36s and M4s. In real life the Lucian Alliance weapons is the same calibre, the QBZ-97 (see here for reference http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Stargate_U...Norinco_QBZ-97) fire 5.56 like the M4 and G36. However it’s meant to be an alien weapon, and for obvious reasons, every time they show an alien race with projectile weapons, they use an actual earth weapon. The Langarans were seen with AKS-74Us, I highly doubt they’d been arms shopping in Russia. In SG1, in the ep Icon, the people on the planet used M1 Garands. Even the Genii weapons in Atlantis, while they looked alien, were just dressed up real world weapons they had left over from another movie (Timecop I believe). It is often too expensive to manufacture a firing prop, and modifying weapons like the Timecop weapons makes them difficult to use, so often armourers will simply go with unusual firearms that most audience won’t have seen, that look a bit “alien.” An alien weapon then, is highly unlikely to use the same calibre as the M4's and G36's.

Overall , they have a low ammo count, not only because although they double their ammo, there wasn’t that much to start with, and they’ve kept using up ammo since then, and worse still, half the ammo isn’t compatible with their main rifles.

Comment

Working...
                    X