Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, he's awesome.
    A - He looks like Darth Vader in a new suit
    B - He actually was in Star Wars, albeit a cameo(he played Tarkin in Episode III ending)
    C - He's really charismatic.
    D - He makes a wonderful villain.
    E - And a wonderful imaginary friend.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Scorpy is a great villian, I really liked his character storyline, provded to be very interesting and valuable to Farscape especially in the earlier seasons.
      sigpic

Comment

Scorpius was a classic comic book type villain come to life, he is quite awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkland View Post
          Scorpy is a great villian, I really liked his character storyline, provded to be very interesting and valuable to Farscape especially in the earlier seasons.
          Yeah, I really liked to see him pwning Crais in s1 last episodes.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

"pwning"? The actor is amazing.

The scene where: spoiler below, so newbies to the series who don't want to know, don't look down (sorry but the spoiler option does not appear on my ipad)

... statue Crichton's severed head is in the acid -- when Scorpious reaches into the acid and then flicks it off his finger. It was an improv by the actor and -- while it makes no sense whatsoever -- it is still awesome.
            sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Scorpius is great. Seriously, he can combat with Darth Vader is easily.

Comment

I'm almost through my first viewing of this amazing series. Two epis and the PKW to go.

The first episode I watched just fascinated me. Was not sure if I was going to like it but it was so "alien" that I was very intrigued. That and the fact that they didn't give us happy endings at the end of each episode and that the characters were ... flawed. And very much out for themselves. Usually you're just expecting that to be a plot device and by 1 or 2 episodes in every one will be one big happy family. But I think it took most of the first season to get there with this group. And even in the 4th Season (RIP Jonathan Hardy) Rygel was still voting to leave people behind in the face of danger.

Probably my favorite Science Fiction series of all time now. Maybe tied with Firefly, but it is so much more complex and layered. Next would be classic Star Trek. I myself can't even believe ST: TOS is number 3!

Comment

Farscape is not my #1, but that said, it's in a league of it's own. I can't even compare it to anything else so the old "comparing apples to oranges" adage comes into play for me.

My first viewing, I thought the puppets looked cheesy. I've never understood the acclaim everyone gives Pilot, he looks rubber, unreal and awkward (and he's whiny). But Rygel! Rygel is REAL to me! That cannot be expounded on or explained to anybody. They just have to watch the show to see that they will believe.
                  Last edited by RamonaThePest; 15 December 2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Season 1 of farscape is easily the weakest of all their seasons.

Comment

This is one of the few popular series I had not watched yet, so I bought all the seasons off of Amazon about 6 months ago. I started the series several times and had the same reaction I had to my first viewing of many series I have come to eventually love. Like nearly anything, you have to get into the characters. I am almost done with season one and I am starting to get into it, enough into it to want to go forward. My favorite elements are Claudia Black who is just terrific and the ship itself, Moia. Parts of it are silly, of course, but it's television and I now want to see what will happen.

Comment

Silly is the definition of Farscape. Thats what makes it so great. It takes science fiction stories and makes them just crazy
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

*Phew* I just had to read this entire thread because I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Farscape and had to find out how TennisMennis ended up with this series. And I'm so happy that you stuck with it and like it YAY!! *HIGH FIVES*

As for me...I started watching Farscape as it was airing and while I liked it and really enjoyed it ...it was by far my favorite series. But I can honestly say now after I have rewatched it several times it is NOW my favorite Scifi series hands down.

Mainly the reason why is because it is so creative and not just in the puppetry but in the make up and the whole artistic production. The colors are just so vivid and fantastic and many of the scenes are shot with almost a poetry and the camera angles can be art in of themselves and just how they position the actors. Blocking was very thought out not just because so many people had to work Rygel and so camera angles were really important but the camera almost becomes another tool in telling the story and it's so apparent in this series. The full artistry of it to me is amazing everything from makeup to camera angles to lighting to the awesome acting and story.

I will say I did sort of think the puppets at first were a bit cheesy but they quickly grew on me and I began to see them as their own character and when I cried on some of the really touching Pilot scenes that to me speaks volumes for the sheer genius production this show put on.

As for why they cancelled the series so abruptly was due to a production cost issue. As it was they had already moved the production to Australia where they were really saving a fortune in production as it was however, the puppetry and all that was involved with that was really really expensive. I mean one of the Rygel puppets was over a million dollars and then you had more than one of him. So yeah like all great shows it does come down to viewership vs cost of production and I really don't think Farscape had the viewership they thought could sustain that show. The problem with so many great scifi shows because you start with only a fragment of the population anyway who will even like the show so is the ill fate of so many sci fi shows

As for Claudia and Ben they are so awesome indeed and I think they are getting what they can... I know Ben has been really hoofing it lately and doing great with various things. And I do think Claudia wanted to settled down with her family and sort of stay low key so maybe that is why she is choosing to only do voice roles. IDK. But I would love to see them in something again. And I love the chemistry those two have together.

But yeah I am glad you liked the show in the end and stuck with it Keep on watching and rewatching it does truly get better with age and this show even as old as it is....has a wonderful shelf life and again I attribute the pure artistry for that.
                          Originally posted by jelgate
                          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                            This is one of the few popular series I had not watched yet, so I bought all the seasons off of Amazon about 6 months ago. I started the series several times and had the same reaction I had to my first viewing of many series I have come to eventually love. Like nearly anything, you have to get into the characters. I am almost done with season one and I am starting to get into it, enough into it to want to go forward. My favorite elements are Claudia Black who is just terrific and the ship itself, Moia. Parts of it are silly, of course, but it's television and I now want to see what will happen.

I couldn't get through the first season. Eventually, I came back to it. You're right at the point where it becomes REALLY good. Hang in there, you won't regret it.
                            Last edited by RamonaThePest; 26 December 2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I was a late comer to Farscape (possibly, I may have watched it when it first aired but I can't remember) and only saw the first series in 2010. But it cost so much to actually buy the season it took until last year to watch the rest.

As a lover of many Sci Fi series', I have to say that this is hands down one of the best, simply because it is insane. Some of the episodes are way out there and barely understandable and that's why I love it. I love pretty much all of the main characters (bar Zhaan) and it has Claudia Black in it.
                              sigpic

Comment

How can someone not love Zhaan? She is the best
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X