No announcement yet.

How much ammo did they expend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush didn't put any sort of lockout into the system.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
      Rush didn't put any sort of lockout into the system.
      He certainly did. It originally prevented them from controlling the lockout timer on the gate windows, as well as preventing them from altering Destiny's course.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
        He certainly did. It originally prevented them from controlling the lockout timer on the gate windows, as well as preventing them from altering Destiny's course.
        Uh, no. I don't know where you're getting this idea, but it's patently false. The reason they couldn't control the ship for the entire first season is because primary systems were isolated by the master code, something Rush did not know and spent most of the first season trying to find. He found it in the second season.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
          Uh, no. I don't know where you're getting this idea, but it's patently false. The reason they couldn't control the ship for the entire first season is because primary systems were isolated by the master code, something Rush did not know and spent most of the first season trying to find. He found it in the second season.
          I could swear I saw a conversation between Rush and Destiny/Franklin where Franklin (or in the form of Rush's wife) mentions he put the supposed "master code" in to prevent everyone else from futzing around with Destiny's systems. If I'm wrong, then I'll stand corrected.

Comment

I could swear I saw a conversation between Rush and Destiny/Franklin where Franklin (or in the form of Rush's wife) mentions he put the supposed "master code" in to prevent everyone else from futzing around with Destiny's systems. If I'm wrong, then I'll stand corrected.
            There's no such conversation. He refuses to tell them the code for that reason, but that's an entirely different distinction.

Comment

Yup, there is a difference in cracking the master code, and putting in one of your own.

Comment

knowles,

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                They bought through some of the expedition supplies.

We have never been told or will ever be told what exactly they bought through. But I do remember there were more than a few crates left when Rush finally left Icarus. An I believe he was the last one through. I also would not be surprise if Ammo was well to the back of essential supplies to shift through the gate when it was finally open a ninth chevron address.
                Young was the last one through.
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Shylo,

Rush was the first off Icarus, Young was last, and he left quite a bit later (in seconds anyways) because he stopped to get the stones, IIRC.
                  No, Scott was the first off Icarus. Rush was somewhere in the middle. Rush's algorythm cracked the master code created by the Ancients. See the first season episode "Human".
                  All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

They got ammo in Twin Destinies -_-

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                      Shylo,

No, Scott was the first off Icarus. Rush was somewhere in the middle. Rush's algorythm cracked the master code created by the Ancients. See the first season episode "Human".
                      I stood corrected by morbo. I went back and watched Pathogen and the conversation I thought had taken place had not. The conversation was there, but not the content I must have made up in my head. Actually the conversation was about Rush futzing with the countdown timer, not setting the master code, and his attempts were causing Destiny to change course slightly. I must be getting old.

Comment

As i recall from the good ole days, 5.56 rounds come in small boxes of 20 with perhaps 80 boxes in a NATO case that was about 3/4 foot long by half a foot by half a foot. so physically the cases are fairly small (albiet quite heavy) that contained 1600 rounds. You somnetimes see them carried on small palletts, which im fairly sure i saw at least one in malice, which contained as i recall about 16 per pallet which, assuming it was full means that they have at least 25600 rounds. 4.6 mm and 9mm rounds a similier amount in similer sized containers. whilst theyre very heavy to lug around a few could have been chucked through the gate without noticing.

Thats not as much as it seems, on a range day we could easily get through a couple of cases and we mostly only fired on semi automatic nothing like the full auto these guys love.
                        Last edited by RafK2; 23 May 2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RafK2 View Post
                          As i recall from the good ole days, 5.72 rounds come in small boxes of 20 with perhaps 80 boxes in a NATO case that was about 3/4 foot long by half a foot by half a foot. so physically the cases are fairly small (albiet quite heavy) that contained 1600 rounds. You somnetimes see them carried on small palletts, which im fairly sure i saw at least one in malice, which contained as i recall about 16 per pallet which, assuming it was full means that they have at least 25600 rounds. 4.6 mm and 9mm rounds a similier amount in similer sized containers. whilst theyre very heavy to lug around a few could have been chucked through the gate without noticing.

Thats not as much as it seems, on a range day we could easily get through a couple of cases and we mostly only fired on semi automatic nothing like the full auto these guys love.
                          What good ole days. Those rifles use 5.56mm (0.223 Remington)

Comment

apologies 5.56 was tired

Comment

We need to remember that we also have all the LA weapons and their ammo too, presumably they had the presence of mind to bring quite a bit with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X