Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed Ships and the Drones

Wonder how they were going to explain how they got past the drones

They could have been long gone before the drones were even invented.

Comment

KEK,

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      I though of RafK2's question and your answer was my solution.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        end thread/

Comment

I'm more worried about the novas ships
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Those things aren't likely to give off enough EM for the drones to notice.

Comment

True, they run only on sublight, so most likely don't put out much radiation to be detected.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                Those things aren't likely to give off enough EM for the drones to notice.
                EM isn't really the problem since it propagates through space at the speed of light which is relatively slow. The drones would have to be very close to the course the Novan ships were taking, even if they did nothing to shield their emissions. The killer is subspace emissions. Ironically, the fact that Novan tech hasn't progressed to the point of subspace communications is likely what will save them for the time being. It would be good though if Destiny could at least warn them about the drones somehow. It would be a sad end on the day their tech finally progresses that far only to have some command ships descend from the heavens and cut their civilisation short.

Comment

I wouldn't say that.. we know their outposts had Long range comms with one another (as seen in common decent), so maybe they DID have crude subspace transmitters.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    I wouldn't say that.. we know their outposts had Long range comms with one another (as seen in common decent), so maybe they DID have crude subspace transmitters.
                    I don't think we ever saw long range communication equipment (as would relate to subspace). The colony couldn't communicate with other colony worlds or Novus. We likely saw a standard communication array for the individual settlements on that colony world to be able to talk to one another. Unless that's exactly what you meant, but I'm still not getting your mention of "crude subspace transmitters".

Comment

He means the 1.0 version.

As for the Seed ships, they are 2000 years ish ahead of Destiny, as they survived the drones they either never encountered them or were bloody good.

So this either means the Seed ships are faster than Destiny/better shielded which we know t be false, or it means the drones creation falls into the Novus civilisation span, more pointers as to the fact the Novans MAY have created the drones.

N.C

Comment

Destiny had to go off-course to encounter the drones in the first place. If the drones did exist back then, it's probable the seed ships just simply didn't fly into drone space.

Comment

Like everyone else said, we know that the seed ships are at least 2000 years ahead of the crew ("Common Descent"), and I doubt the drones were around back then.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                            Destiny had to go off-course to encounter the drones in the first place. If the drones did exist back then, it's probable the seed ships just simply didn't fly into drone space.
                            Yup. However, might the drones have encountered a seeder ship and this is why so much is known about Destiny? It's possible that courses were changed, a vessel was damaged and put off course.

regards,
                            G.

PS - might even one of the seeder ships have been completely taken over by another race, and been altered to produce drones?
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

Possible, but then they wouldn't be having many gates to blockage or blow up. And the novans wouldn't have been able to expand out in the galaxy. Although the number of gates seem rather sparse these days. But they are down at least one seed ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X