Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Destiny "filling the tank"?

40% battery they said they were at and cant think of the reason Destiny is so hellbent on filling up right this moment.

i presume it was 40% of their actual reserves (which is 40% of maximum capacity).

oh and Destiny appears to be about to leave the galaxy.

Comment

Because the "tank" was almost empty. They were losing more and more systems and very soon they would have been unable to jump to FTL. The "40% capacity" means the "tank" can only be filled up to 40% of its original design capacity.
      sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post
        40% battery they said they were at and cant think of the reason Destiny is so hellbent on filling up right this moment.
        Because it needed power. They made like 2 jumps before they desperately needed power so Destiny must have known that there was only a few stars in range to get power.

Comment

I'd really like to know if using the "Type O" star increased their normal energy reserves.
          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Maybe she knows what's ahead...

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              Maybe she knows what's ahead...
              "We can't stop here. This is bat country!"
              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                Because the "tank" was almost empty. They were losing more and more systems and very soon they would have been unable to jump to FTL. The "40% capacity" means the "tank" can only be filled up to 40% of its original design capacity.
                Perhaps they worded it badly then because they actually did say they had 40% left and were also wondering why Destiny wanted to refuel.
                Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I assume 40% of their current maximum 40%

so that would be 16%.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                    I assume 40% of their current maximum 40%

so that would be 16%.
                    Sure, but Volker is comparing the Destiny to his grandfather who used to fill up his truck when it had 50% of it's tank left
                    So they would've been better off not mentioning the power reserves at all tbh.
                    Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                    Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                      Perhaps they worded it badly then because they actually did say they had 40% left and were also wondering why Destiny wanted to refuel.
                      Yeah I agree, the choice of words could have been better. But given the fact that several systems were shutting down (the Infirmary for example) and the explicit mention that they had only one more chance to refuel, I assume it was a reference to the maximum capacity and that the actual energy reserves were pretty low.
                      sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

With the next turmoil in the middle-east the price of fuel is gonna go up. Better refill now than later...
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                          With the next turmoil in the middle-east the price of fuel is gonna go up. Better refill now than later...
                          Pfft even the sun's heat is being taxed now.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                            Sure, but Volker is comparing the Destiny to his grandfather who used to fill up his truck when it had 50% of it's tank left
                            So they would've been better off not mentioning the power reserves at all tbh.
                            Volker was saying that his grandfather never filled his truck up to more than half full, so you were always needing to get gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
                              Volker was saying that his grandfather never filled his truck up to more than half full, so you were always needing to get gas.
                              That's not what I got from Volker's statement. I understood it to be that his grandfather was always filling it up even when it was half full and he found that funny, whereas Rush made it clear that Volker's grandfather was ensuring the safety of his family by making sure the tank was always full so they would always be able to make it to the next gas station down the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X