Why is Destiny "filling the tank"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
    That makes no sense. Volker's analogy refers to his grandfather just doing it for no reason. Rush's very apparent sarcasm is calling attention to the fact that the two are nothing alike.
    So says you. I got what I got out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
      Here's my issue with folks take on Destiny being anywhere near full capacity. They are consistently referring to power reserves. A reserve is, by definition, a back-up supply. I'm not even sure that Destiny's regular power supply is working, let alone charging.
      Power reserve can be aimed at the primary power supply as well depending on the context.
      Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
      Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
        Power reserve can be aimed at the primary power supply as well depending on the context.
        Power reserve, when referring to a singular power source, usually means the predetermined percentage that the manufacturer stresses a refill is necessary. At around 10%, most cars nowadays will ding to let you know you'll need to refill soon. InDestiny's case however, as with most scientific and military situations, it should mean a reserve tank (so to speak).

Comment

And most cars still have a gallon or two of gas left once your meter is on empty.. usually good for 30-40 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
            Here's my issue with folks take on Destiny being anywhere near full capacity. They are consistently referring to power reserves. A reserve is, by definition, a back-up supply. I'm not even sure that Destiny's regular power supply is working, let alone charging.
            When you Car has a full tank of Fuel it is at 100 percent capacity. What is so hard to understand about that?
            The only difference is that Destiny has a full tank of Hydrogen Gas Super heated no less. You try storing that!
            Could you imagine the presure that the super heated gas would create?

I would not mind betting that, that is why Destiny only stores at 40% Capacity for normal running.Limit the capacity you limit the Stress and the Danger on the tanks.

I would not also mind betting that the ancients set this up on purpose so that destiny only stores at 100% when required.

Like i said before just because you can store at 100% it does not mean that you have to all the time.
            I am certanly not talking about batteries!

That was just one of my ideas.

Comment

But they keep referring to the reserves, not the core capacity. That's my point. When to reserve something, it's stored for use later, after the main item is gone.

Comment

I just hope this question is addressed and clarified in the final episode.
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Working...
                X