Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Park's sight

Default Park's sight

What do you think. Do you think she will be able to see again, or do you think she will be permanently blind?

( I haven't seen any sneak-peek or promo's yet though, so I don't know if i was covered in that. )

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: Park's sight

Actually she develops the ability to have tentacles come out of her eyes and attack others.

Destiny,

I think she's perminantly blind. One of the reasons I like SGU is that there is cost for their survival. Character shields exist but they are much weaker than prior iterations of Stargate.
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Staff Sergeant

I must say though.... the suit has some powerful gravitation magnets... It's also amazing how much will power she had to walk from the pool to the door.... blindly, mind you... while still having a tight grip on the bag of vegetation (more than likely dead vegetation now).

AND! She knew she was at the door when Eli came. Park is one awesome scientist with an awesome photographic memory of direction! =D

How many knew this was going to go bad when she asked to stay on board? (Yeah - everyone). I thought for sure she was going to die and Eli would have a new reason to hate Rush. I hope she gets her sight back - at least for the last episode.

I think her blindness is only temporary, although it would be a bold move to make it permanent. But, with only one episode to go, I doubt we will find out.

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rylor View Post
    I think her blindness is only temporary, although it would be a bold move to make it permanent. But, with only one episode to go, I doubt we will find out.
    Recovery from flash blindness only takes minutes, so we should find out.

First Lieutenant J-Whitt Remastered's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Destiny View Post
    What do you think. Do you think she will be able to see again, or do you think she will be permanently blind?

( I haven't seen any sneak-peek or promo's yet though, so I don't know if i was covered in that. )
    She becomes "Lisa Park: The Woman Without Fear." She then leaves when they find a populated planet and dresses up in leather and fights crime with Greer as her sidekick.
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

I think it's a temporary blind case unless her face and skins were burnt too, then it will be a permanent.

Otherwise, it's a good time to introduce a new medical solution from Novus database to link her visual nerves to a Kino remotely.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Trinary View Post
    I think it's a temporary blind case unless her face and skins were burnt too, then it will be a permanent.

Otherwise, it's a good time to introduce a new medical solution from Novus database to link her visual nerves to a Kino remotely.
    I vote for this!
    Walking around with a kino flying around her head, some good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by The Destiny View Post

I'm assuming the plan was to have her sight restored the same time as TJ's medical problem was solved.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

I hope she's blind

Now to see if Destiny has accessibility features for the blind.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

To make those events have a bigger impact, I think she should remain blind.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
    sadly i doubt we'll never get to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    To make those events have a bigger impact, I think she should remain blind.
    yup SGU tries to keep the realism. keeping park blind would def bring a new twist to the series

Chief Master Sergeant

Ignoring the fact that there's only one more episode, which makes discussions of permanence somewhat moot, I dont think she would be permanently blind. When you're talking about the EM energy output of a supergiant star at pointblank range, there's a very narrow window between "blinded" and "instantly vaporized into a quark-gluon plasma".

I dont know how they could explain it that the shield/suit filtered out JUST ENOUGH deadly broad-spectrum EM energy to keep her alive, conscious, and not covered in radiation burns, but permanently fry her rods and cones. I think the more likely scenario, as Rush intimated, was that her optic nerves just got overstimulated by the intensity of the visible light, and will recover relatively quickly. The suit could filter out enough to prevent permanent damage, while still having a threshhold high enough to allow enough light to temporarily dazzle you in a sudden flash.

It was pretty obvious that something was going to happen to her the moment that she volunteered, so I'd guess that she would have been permanently blind if the show continued.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

morbos,

If not I'm sure the OSHA representative at homeworld command will have sharpe words for Col. Young. This is a U.S. Government instillation now, after all. It MUST be OSHA complient.
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Chief Master Sergeant actuallyliam's Avatar

I don't think she will be permanently blind. I mean Greer survived his infection and both survived their surgeries.

I think that it will seem like it's permanent for the last episode. But it would have started coming back next season. She would have had to go through the long process of getting used to it. They'd have found a cure that allowed it to come back after a few treatment much like Teal'c in early SG1 episode. Where all the team except him are captured in those electrified boxes.

First Lieutenant

IIRC:

chloe&rush's corridor was sloped

mckay&eli's corridor was sloped.

i haven't seen stairs yet anywhere, at least not that i remember. the only place that may be stepped is the bridge, and i can't remember if there's a slope at one side.

personally, i would prefer to see permanent blindness, as it would give some kind of actual impact to park, her work, her relationship with greer, and how volker sees her. to say nothing of how the rest of the crew sees her.

however, i've not noticed any negative effect having a long-term effect anywhere. so, i can't see it happening - much as it might have been interesting.