Things Which Bugged Me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things Which Bugged Me.

So, Scott's and Greer's parties got stuck in those buildings and they hid from the one drone which seemed to patrol up and down the avenue. There were several instances where the drone was a number of storefronts down the street from them.

Why didn't anyone try to go out the back door?

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Back doors would have been convenient, since when does anything happen on the show that is convenient... That would ruin the show, easy outs would be bad.
    wait a minute...

Comment

Another thing which bugged me:

The sensors on a drone mother ship are able to note energy signatures from many light years away, even from another solar system. Okay, I'm fine with that.

So, why are the drone sensors so poor that they would not be able to target an active stargate which might only be a few miles (or less) away? Yes, they are smaller, however we have seen them activate from similar distances and home in on a target, such as when they were first introduced.

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

The drones did detect the active Stargate. That's why they came in the first place. They homed in on Scott because he used his radio and was closer.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
          The drones did detect the active Stargate. That's why they came in the first place. They homed in on Scott because he used his radio and was closer.
          Oh, stop making good sense.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

When Park gets into the water, she mags her boots to the side of the tank. When the dome is blown they are the only thing which stops her from being sucked out with the rest of the stuff.

So I'm thinking, the way she was drawn up by the forces on her body, either: 1.)her ankles would be broken such that she could not walk; 2.)the suit would have a structural failure and she would burn up.

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
              When Park gets into the water, she mags her boots to the side of the tank. When the dome is blown they are the only thing which stops her from being sucked out with the rest of the stuff.

So I'm thinking, the way she was drawn up by the forces on her body, either: 1.)her ankles would be broken such that she could not walk; 2.)the suit would have a structural failure and she would burn up.

regards,
              G.
              I was more concerned about how she made it back to the door and was so close to Eli's hand when he was reaching for her when she's supposed to be blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                I was more concerned about how she made it back to the door and was so close to Eli's hand when he was reaching for her when she's supposed to be blind.
                That's my one niggle with the ep too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                  Most of the pressure to suck stuff out of the room was gone during the time in the star. When she got to the door I suspect she was likely walking through vacuum.

What we saw when she had reached the door was her trying to lean forward against the air pressure entering the dome room. Her mag boots were holding her in place and she was trying to lean forward against the pressure.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

At the end of the sequence with Park she still has a bag in her hand. I'm thinking that bag (and anything inside of it), should be ash.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

Most of the pressure to suck stuff out of the room was gone during the time in the star. When she got to the door I suspect she was likely walking through vacuum.

What we saw when she had reached the door was her trying to lean forward against the air pressure entering the dome room. Her mag boots were holding her in place and she was trying to lean forward against the pressure.

regards,
                      G.
                      BUT... And I apologize for this nitpick... She was leaning directly in Eli's direction, she was LOOKING at him (her eyes were not shut) and her hand never got more than 5 inches from his. He was not in the center of the door, and she leaned in the direction of the side of the doorway he was in. AND, how did she know she was just on the other side of the door? Aside from the door opening device that is.

Comment

regards,
                        G.
                        But she was blind - how did she find her way to the door from the middle on the room, struggling against being sucked out into space, freaked out and disoriented?

I really do hate nitpicking, but this has been bugging me a lot

ETA: Beaten to a reply! LOL!
                        sigpic

Comment

Blind or not, Park is not an idiot. Finding her way to the door is actually fairly simple. She's standing in a tank that is directly aligned with the door. She's facing directly away from the door. Do a 180, start walking until you hit something. Also, you'll notice that she never tries to grab Eli's hand. She just holds it at the door hoping for a grab.

Comment

Well, let me say this about that, those things didn't bug me:

1.) from what I recall of the dome, the water tank is on a direct line to the door. She gets out of the tank, puts it to her back and walks forward.

2.) the action in the room had stopped (the room had vented) until Eli opened the door which drew air from the rest of the ship towards the dome. Park was able to walk without air pressure going against her to reach the door.

3.) Eli contacted Park when he reached the door to the dome. When Eli did open the door, Park had her mag boots on to hold her in place. She had to lean forward against the air pressure, and was likely afraid to pick up her feet until contact was made with Eli.

4.) Park was at the center of the door but figured out that Eli would be to her left as that was where the control panel would be. That would be the way she would have to lean to try and make contact.

regards,
                            G.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

umm, correct me if i'm wrong but... shouldn't the water have been sucked out as well? seems like that would have been too beautiful of an effect to leave out!

Comment

Working...
                              X