Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    destiny just stops are a home depot
    The needed equipment isn't at home depot. You'd need to find a gun shop and hope they have a large quantity of the exact powder you'd need. Bullets, primers and cases would be readily available at any gun shop. There are hundreds of powders and only a few are suitable. If they get really lucky on Novas they find new weapons and semitruck loads of ammo. I'm thinking the novans had energy weapons if they made it into space on their own steam.

Comment

I am surprised we have not found even primative energy weapons..

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        It was in season 9(not sure) that we saw Merlin's device, after Merlin and the others came back from Atlantis.
        So to me that means it was more than likely made after.

Comment

I also noticed that Brody hasn't actually MADE paper yet. Rush's comment to Eli was, "Here's hoping something comes of Mr. Brody's paper-making project."

So, he hasn't made paper yet. It's then likely that Young's comment to Greer about ammunition is completely tongue-in-cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
            I also noticed that Brody hasn't actually MADE paper yet. Rush's comment to Eli was, "Here's hoping something comes of Mr. Brody's paper-making project."

So, he hasn't made paper yet. It's then likely that Young's comment to Greer about ammunition is completely tongue-in-cheek.
            Probably correct.

Comment

So why didn't they see if there were any supply stores like office max? Get lots of paper!

Comment

iirc, BITD, paper was generally the bark of a tree, or an animal skin. As long as they still have pens, I don't really see lack of paper as an issue. As long as they have pens, then they can write it on their skin and wash it off (or tattoo it).

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  So why didn't they see if there were any supply stores like office max? Get lots of paper!
                  because it's a poorly written show?
                  It would have been nice to see (at least for a 5 to 10 sec spot) an enormous pile of paper, clothing, shoes, weapons, tools, piping, machine tools etc. with Young telling them to organize it in a storeroom just to "keep it real". That scene probably got axed to make room for the drama of varo surviving (without a broken bone) a 40 foot fall onto a concrete floor.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                    It would have been nice to see (at least for a 5 to 10 sec spot) an enormous pile of paper, clothing, shoes, weapons, tools, piping, machine tools etc. with Young telling them to organize it in a storeroom just to "keep it real". That scene probably got axed to make room for the drama of varo surviving (without a broken bone) a 40 foot fall onto a concrete floor.

This has been discussed over and over, people have fallen from that and higher and are found to be perfectly fine, some guy fell over a 1000 ft climbing a mountain when search and rescue found him all he had were a couple of scratches, don't believe it then Google it.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                      This has been discussed over and over, people have fallen from that and higher and are found to be perfectly fine, some guy fell over a 1000 ft climbing a mountain when search and rescue found him all he had were a couple of scratches, don't believe it then Google it.
                      What are the odds of a 40' fall onto concrete not breaking a bone? I'm not arguing that it's impossible but just beyond believability (beyond 5 sigma).

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Doubt it as we don't even know when that device came into being.. Was it before or after atlantis was made?
                        i believe merlin's phase-shifter came from the glastonbury hoard. this was either during the final settling of the MW by the ancients... or after merlin descended to work on the anti-ori weapon (at the time of king arthur.)

while it is entirely possible that a device, millions of years older, may have existed at time of destiny it is unlikely - remember, the phase-shifter is clearly identified as being made by merlin, and he was among the last of the ancients to leave atlantis. therefore, even if destiny were only several thousand years older than atlantis, it's hard to imagine that the ancients had only just finished the thing just in time to put it at glastonbury.

if i'm wrong that it comes from the glastonbury hoard... then it would have to come from one of the several planets seeded by arthurian remnants, which would definitively date the device to merlin's return to our plane. i say this based on the fact that it is developed by merlin, and that he seemed to be directly responsible for the round table and other aspects of the arthurian mythos.
                        Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Pity there is no mention of deleted scenes for the S2 dvd set.. would have been nice to see something as mudane as that make the list.

Comment

What are the odds of a 40' fall onto concrete not breaking a bone? I'm not arguing that it's impossible but just beyond believability (beyond 5 sigma).
                            The odds are always there. Perhaps he's sporting a personal protection device we've yet to find on him. Most times the thing that kills on those falls is that the center of gravity is towards your head and you land head first. More so with a body like Varro's. But the age old tales of the greedy old lady(s) tie-ing their bags of treasure to their feet when they jump out of a burning building. And surviving because they landed feet first, but did break almost every bone. But then again, they were old lady(s).

40' is not that far. It's like 80' or 90' that the surface tension of water resembles concrete upon impact. So it's feasible. Whether or not his brain isn't some mush bucket of porridge from the impact is the real question. Surviving is one thing, not needing a drool bucket aftewards is another thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X