Brody is the man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brody is the man!

He makes awesome stuff for the ship and its crew, it seems hes been keeping busy:

1)vodka still
    2)paper project
    3)bullets
    4)broke off and formed "FUTURA"
    sigpic
    LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Well, he's an engineer, as far as I know, there're no limits for engineers.

And, aside from that, I like love him (and Volker, nice couple — not exactly that way, but... if you want... up to you! — Btw, those two, doing a lot of jokes )
    sigpic

Comment

I have to feel a bit for Brody right now, it can't be easy for him learning that his alternate self ended up alienated from the others.
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I'm more then curious what materials Broody is using to make bullets
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Perhaps the casings are recycled, if that's even possible, the bullets themselves are formed from melting lead that they found off world and as for the gunpowder and primer.. that's anyone's guess

Comment

You can recycle the shell casings. So all you need is a projectile replacement and an explosive. They are pretty primitive really. A tube, an explosive, and a projectile. In use by planet earth for well over 2,000 years now. Gun powder is low yield stuff by modern standards. As I wonder if some form of bamboo that absorbs the vodka and shaved down to a powder would be enough yield. Or repurposing a few LA plosives. For that matter, where did he get the parts for the still?

Comment

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
              He makes awesome stuff for the ship and its crew, it seems hes been keeping busy:

1)vodka still
              2)paper project
              3)bullets
              4)broke off and formed "FUTURA"
              When was paper and bullets brought up?
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                Paper was brought up when Eli gave Rush the calculations he was asking for at the beginning of the show. Bullets were brought up when Greer was letting Young know that they were really low on ammo while getting ready to head to the planet.

Comment

When Rush goes to see Eli near the start of the episode he asks Eli for some equations, Eli hands him a sheet of paper and Rush says something about Brody's paper making project. And when they're in the armory preparing to go the planet Greer mentions that they're nearly out of bullets, at that point Colonel Young says Brody can make more.

Comment

"Blockade" - that's why this thread is in the "Blockade" folder

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Lead or brass. He's not actually making ammo, BTW. There is no way a black powder round generates enough pressure to work a slide. They lack the capability to make nitrocellulose (requires paper, concentrated nitric and sulferic acids).

Assuming they had the capability to make the proper powder, reloading ammo requires the use of dies and presses. They lack the capability to make either.

I believe the bullet comment was sarcasm.

Comment

Rush made the paper comment when he noticed elis scratchpaper was full.

Rush made a sarcastic comment amount bullets.

Comment

Been one of my favourite characters since the very begining. He makes so much. If they had any kind of money on Novus, he would have been a rich man with all of his builds. Especially as he would have owned the first pub surely.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                            (requires paper, concentrated nitric and sulferic acids).
                            Well they have paper, we know that much

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Hopper View Post
                              Well they have paper, we know that much
                              They'd need a lot of paper. It would need to be cardstock or something like thin solid cardboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X