No new crew members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No new crew members

Was anyone else a little disappointed that not a single person from the Novus colony wanted to stay aboard Destiny? I would have thought that traveling across the Universe with the "Ancestors" would be tempting for some of them.
    sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Yes, this is a very good point. What about the young man and woman from "Common Descent"? They were cool, and would have been fun to add.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
      Yes, this is a very good point. What about the young man and woman from "Common Descent"? They were cool, and would have been fun to add.
      Exactly, Jason and Ellie would have been on my list as well. They seemed very curious.
      sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

I was disappointed as well, especially as we now seem to be travelling through Novus settled space, it would be useful to have someone from their society. Plus it would be amazing sending a Novun (?) on the stones to Earth.

Comment

I know, right? Though... I'm not shocked. I mean, the Lucians were a cool way of getting a few people on board, and we got one character who's sticking around (Varro), one villain (Simeon) and a love interest (Ginn), and there was like fifty-odd of them after the Incursion widdled down to eight... Hell, even Telford coming back after the Incursion was shafted back home.

But here was a pretty golden opportunity for maybe two or three new recurring characters that could have a role involved in their beliefs in the mission being passed down, diluted over the years or smeared by the Futuran/Taneran conflict, or a character who wants to explore the galaxies, or... I don't know, I just think a few more additions would've tied the Novan plot up nicely and let it linger on, like Varro's presence reminding us of the Lucian plot. Jason and Ellie would've been cool, but they just sorta stopped appearing halfway through Epilogue. Kinda sucks.

So yeah. Probably my biggest complaint of the entire storyline: no new characters despite ample opportunity. Then again, given how screwed up the Lucian thing turned out to be for new crew members, maybe it's best we didn't get about a dozen Novans, one a really awesome female love interest for Eli whose killed by a shady Novan and the Destiny crew makes friendly with another Novan who later turns out to be the last one left after Mallozzi decides to kill them all off in one swoop on some filler episode.

Ho hum.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I was. Would have thought SOMEONE would have stayed. And if not for Rush's and Eli's convo, I would have thought that the two no-names in Scott's group were a couple of 'em.

And Rush's comment about how Destiny wasn't a passenger ship? Seriously? While the group of descendents weren't much to look at, how many of them could have been engineers or physicists? And, quite frankly, the actual crew of the Destiny are little more than passengers that fiddle with stuff on-board. If they had never come along, Destiny would likelyu still be trucking along through FTL, charting gates and recording radiation.

Comment

they could've used a Novan doctor

Comment

meh this is the last season anyway no need time for new character arcs

Comment

or, as rush pointed out, chances of meeting them again were pretty high.

"were" being the operative word.

out-of-universe explanation: damn talent fees

Comment

I at least wanted Elle to stay.

Not really bothered about Jason. But Japanese guy was cool. But I think the writers ruin there opportunity to create a new civilization on the Destiny.

Comment

They should have added, "Dronee". It would be the drone which wanted to go beyond its programming and see the universe through human eyes..

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        they could've used a Novan doctor
                        They really could have. The fact that we never even saw the colony world either was really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          They really could have. The fact that we never even saw the colony world either was really annoying.
                          Probably 'cause they'd blown this week's budget for the space stuff and the sets and left very little for everything else. If you ask the TPTB, they'd say it was a money-saving measure since the colony bit is not central to this ep's story anyway, might as well make do without it.
                          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I kinda like the idea of having new faces around
                            sigpic
                            LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

still kinda disappointed we didn't even see something like a very short scene with Ellie, Jason and Yazu saying good-bye to the crew, and Novans ( mm.. a bit weird to turn Novus' inhabitants into Novans, but it works.. ) going through the gate in the background.

But ow well.. there are bigger things to be disappointed about than that. Just would've liked at least more than 1 line of dialogue about it.

If anyone I would have wanted Jason and Ellie to stay. Ellie was cute. and Jason.. he sort of tagged along with her. What was their relation by the way? Brother-sister? dating? I assume they were in a relationship. I noticed that when the drones arrived in 'Common Descent', Jason put his arm around Ellie's waist like a protective gesture.
                              Last edited by The Destiny; 03 May 2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X