Favourite Moments/Quotes/Alien Pittsburgh Storefront from 'Blockade'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Alien Pittsburgh Storefront from 'Blockade'

Oh hey, I got to make the Faves thread again! I very much missed it.

Moments:

- Rush and Young saying good morning to each other as Destiny slingshots. Just another day for those two.

- Young appearing out of nowhere and shooting at the drone with Scott and Greer. Triangle'd.

- Varro nailing his own drone.

- James whacking Morrison one. You go girl.

Quotes:

Wray: "This place needs more chairs."
    Young: "Take this one - who am I? Captain Kirk? Sit."
    Wray: "Really? Thanks."
    Rush: "Don't touch anything."

Greer: "There's no gun store."
    Volker: "Maybe they're Canadian?"

TJ: "Any injuries?"
    James: "Just Morrison. I broke his nose."
    TJ just smiles exasperatedly.

Brody and Volker: "Yay."

Alien Pittsburgh Storefront: I don't know why, but Draxxon Electronics sounded the coolest. There was also this place called The Cobalt - sounds like the name of a gentleman's club.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Flying through the blue supergiant. Beautiful visuals.

Comment

mo's broken nose.

varro's bad ass save

command ship

the captain chair moment.

all of park

triple fire on the drone

and yes i gave this ep a 6
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Cross posted from the General thread:

Blockade had a large number of wonderful moments for me. Lots of things just clicked:
        • The Daft Punk-esque music
        • Young: Who am I? Captain Kirk?
        • Rush to Camille after she sits in the command chair: Don't touch anything.
        • The conversation about the Type O star. A blue supergiant at 24 solar masses =
        • The VFX for the blue supergiant was brilliant. Literally blue fire.
        • Eli: Holy crap, we dialed Pittsburgh.
        • Camille: I'd kill for a new outfit.
        • James: Hey, I was born in Pittsburgh!
        • Volker: Mmm. Botulism.
        • The newspaper written in a language similar to Ancient.
        • Greer: What kind of city doesn't have a gun shop? Volker: Maybe they're Canadian?
        • James slugging Morrison and breaking his nose. He's had that coming for 2 seasons.
        • Young, Greer, and Scott triangulating their fire to take down a drone.
        • The command ship coming down into the atmosphere. Eerie as hell.
        • The entire sequence with Park trapped in the Dome. Harrowing.
        • Varro shooting down the drone with an improvised bazooka. Absolutely badass.
        • Volker and Brody ending the episode with a dreadful "yay."

A couple of other little tidbits I saw at the re-watch. One of the shops was called the Cobalt Cafe. There's also Young finding a dry cleaner. I also love that sound the drones make on the planet when they're hovering nearby. And Greer: Keep shopping.
        sigpic

Comment

"Eli, I can't see."

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Alien Pittsburgh Storefront: I don't know why, but Draxxon Electronics sounded the coolest. There was also this place called The Cobalt - sounds like the name of a gentleman's club.
            I noticed those on the second airing. There was also Home Shop and something hardware. The newspaper I think was called Terminus Tymes (it looked like a Y to me).
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              I noticed those on the second airing. There was also Home Shop and something hardware. The newspaper I think was called Terminus Tymes (it looked like a Y to me).
              I'm sure I'll spot a few more in the rewatch. Alien Pittsburgh. Lawl.

Also, yeah, the audio and visual stuff was excellent - great soundtrack and visuals for dipping into the blue giant.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

the command ship coming down
                blue giant visuals
                Park
                Holy crap, we dialed Pittsburgh.

Comment

-Seeing the command ship descend from the clouds was just awesome and full of DOOM!
                  -The Music, really Tronlike!

Comment

I'm sure I'll spot a few more in the rewatch. Alien Pittsburgh. Lawl.

Also, yeah, the audio and visual stuff was excellent - great soundtrack and visuals for dipping into the blue giant.
                    I was looking at some of the scenes during another airing here. It's called the The Cobalt Cinema. Could be a gentleman's cinema?
                    sigpic

Comment

Hah. I must've missed that, but still, just The Cobalt on its own sounds refined, yet full of booze and strippers.

Comment

All the shots of Destiny seemed especially awesome tonight.

Comment

Except that new one in FTL that looked all wrong. Looked like a vendor might have made it and not quite understood how to do the effect.

Comment

Hah. I must've missed that, but still, just The Cobalt on its own sounds refined, yet full of booze and strippers.
                            They're airing the episode one last time tonight and I saw these while Greer and Scott were roaming:

Kand-e-mart
                            Harmuth Markit
                            Deals and Steels

and <something unclear> Bukkeeping

I'm wondering what to call the Novan language at this point as there seems to be elements of Ancient/Latin and English. Novish?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              • The conversation about the Type O star. A blue supergiant at 24 solar masses =
                              I can do better than 24:
                              Biggest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VY_Canis_Majoris ( 1800-2100 times the radius of the sun. This thing is HUGE )
                              Most massive: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R136a1 ( 265-320 solar masses )

I believe our sun is a small'ish star. perfect.

• The newspaper written in a language similar to Ancient.
                              I noticed the paper ( and the storenames ) too and I have to credit the show for it's brilliance here. In the "common descent" subforum people questioned how they could still speak perfect English after 2000 years. Here we saw that the English language on Novus evolved. The way the language sounds stayed the same ( probably due to the kinorecordings available to keep them on track ), but the way it is written changed over time. The headline of the paper: ATAK instead of Attack. It's an evolved form of written English. Good show, good show!

I loved this entire ep. The dome-sequences were so tense! I knew ( spoilers ) that something bad would happen to some character, but not what or who. A second I thought it might be someone on the planet sacrificing himself or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X