Mixed Up Information ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixed Up Information ?

A lot of the threads I have read have some of the back story mixed up on a few key points.

1)Destiny was launched a little over a million years ago. But from info from the common descent episode we now know that the Seed ships were sent out thousands of years ahead of destiny or else the stargate would not have been on the planet that the other destiny crew went to.

2)The Destiny gates have a limited range beause they are basically the 1st gates. Milky Way gates are more advanced, and beause when the ancients left earth they lived in the pegasus galaxy for a while those gates are more advanced than the milky way gates.

3)The reason that the ancients never came to destiny is beause they learned to ascend before the ship got to where it was going. So there was no need of them to go after that.

4)Even though it has not been said the ascended ancients are helping the crew of the destiny complete the mission they have taken charge of. Here are clues i use to come to that conclusion. The crew of the destiny has actually died 3 times that we have seen. It is just too much coincidence that a solar flare happens everytime the crew is dead or dying and the outcome changes beause of a time loop.
    examples: A)Destiny crew goes to planet and they start getting sick and attacked
    by creatures. The keeno gets sent through gate with the video and goes back in
    time. crew finds its watches it changes outcome and learns about creatures that
    killed everyone. B)Crew still gets sick and learns its the water that kills them but
    the creatures venom cures you. Everyone still dies and sends the keeno back again
    so the next time around they know exactly what to do to save themselves. C)Crew
    tries to dial earth the ship goes back in time 12 hours and starts to fall apart. they
    escape through the gate. Rush stays behind only to get picked up by the destiny
    and warns them of their fate. They dont dial earth and continue mission getting
    from the dead destiny. D)You find out that the escaping crew didnt die in the
    stargate transit and got sent back in time another 2,000 years founding an entire
    human civilization. Visiting the planet get what they need to fix the ship and move
    on with the mission.

Whats more convincing... all these wormhole events keep randomly happening in their darkest hours saving them. Or that the ascended ancients who have power to cause things like that to happen are actually helping them along. Another thing about that they go from losing both of their shuttles, to events occuring and having 2 restored to new condition shuttles. Come on someones helping them along.

Well, you know the ascended have rules... they don't interfere (and I don't really see why would they). Maybe at point D) they helped a little bit, but no. Remember the God-like aliens who built an entire planet? It's more likely that they're the one who are helping them. I would even assume that the destination of Destiny would be finding those aliens, that signal or what is probably theirs.
    sigpic

Comment

That's almost entirely your assumptions, though.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i'm pretty sure TPTB were asked if there were any ancients around, and they said no. i think this was shortly after franklin sat in the chair, so... no.

wormholes are affected by solar flares, or can be, and those are pretty random. in fact, when they got sent back 2000 years, they anticipated that a flare could cause a problem - just not what sort. it does tend to be time travel, but it isn't confirmed that it has to be - that's when a wormhole passes through a flare, and until now we didn't know what a flare at or near a stargate could do.

Time's wormhole problem was classed, iirc, as a related issue - one which is established several times in SG1's history.

as for the restored shuttles - while the planet builders are one option, i'm more inclined to lean toward 'bad writing.' nonsensical return of two working shuttles, with no apparent source, just reeks of the writers realising they needed at least one of them to keep their arcs working. the drone arc would have us lose some of the major crew in common descent if we didn't have at least one shuttle, and in epilogue we couldn't have even reached the planet to find anything out.
        Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

They did explain the return of the shuttles in a round about way. After loosing both shuttles the former crew mates that stayed behind show up in a completely restored shuttle. After all the returning crew members died they still had the shuttle. And the second shuttle they got in "Twin Destinies" because rush was in the shuttle from the other ship. So now they have 2 fully restored shuttles.

I know that flares affect wormholes but it seems that there have been a lot of that going on in Universe.

I will say that im starting to get the feeling of another Sarah Connor Chronicles ending here.
          I dont see how the show is going to deal with the outstanding issues going on in the series. Like the people onboard now from novus, the mission of destiny, the drones, the crew getting home... etc. I feel like its just going to be one of those endings that just kinda leaves you like ummm ok what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
            nonsensical return of two working shuttles, with no apparent source, just reeks of the writers realising they needed at least one of them to keep their arcs working.
            The source of one was Alternate Destiny.
            sigpic

Comment

ahh fair enough TD is my mistake.

but the other wasn't clear, since it's a mystery how those people got back.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
                ahh fair enough TD is my mistake.

but the other wasn't clear, since it's a mystery how those people got back.
                The other was made by the Planet-Builders when they 'resurrected' the crew left on the Faith planet. But it isn't stated how the shuttle got there. Rush (or someone) says something like 'I've been looking at the ship's navigational logs and it says you were here... no explanation of how you got here'. Well TBH I don't remember what he says but my point is that they don't know how the shuttle got to be there.
                sigpic

Comment

the inherent problem of "higher power" storylines is that you can't have them without making it reek of plot devices. from ascended beings to the Planet Builders.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidDeath View Post
                    They did explain the return of the shuttles in a round about way. After loosing both shuttles the former crew mates that stayed behind show up in a completely restored shuttle. After all the returning crew members died they still had the shuttle. And the second shuttle they got in "Twin Destinies" because rush was in the shuttle from the other ship. So now they have 2 fully restored shuttles.

I know that flares affect wormholes but it seems that there have been a lot of that going on in Universe.

I will say that im starting to get the feeling of another Sarah Connor Chronicles ending here.
                    I dont see how the show is going to deal with the outstanding issues going on in the series. Like the people onboard now from novus, the mission of destiny, the drones, the crew getting home... etc. I feel like its just going to be one of those endings that just kinda leaves you like ummm ok what happened.
                    Uh, they filmed season 2, THEN got the cancel, you can be assured that 100% we will get a drop ending.
                    Some spoilers have hinted to it, but there is no conclusion to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by wabbit42 View Post
                      The other was made by the Planet-Builders when they 'resurrected' the crew left on the Faith planet. But it isn't stated how the shuttle got there. Rush (or someone) says something like 'I've been looking at the ship's navigational logs and it says you were here... no explanation of how you got here'. Well TBH I don't remember what he says but my point is that they don't know how the shuttle got to be there.
                      Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      the inherent problem of "higher power" storylines is that you can't have them without making it reek of plot devices. from ascended beings to the Planet Builders.
                      exactly why i say nonsensical

Comment

I could see an ancient or two poss managing the "wormhole" manipulation, but why would they have done it in Twin destinies?

Comment

if they were intervining they would have done it in twin destinies if the ancients wanted them to complete the mission. but u realize that the crew of the destiny has died twice from the water on the ship in episode "Time" i believe. And then was sent back in time 2,000 years. but whats really gonna throw u for a loop is that the destiny crew we were following died and we are actually following the crew from an alternate reality now. in the episode time we follow our crew as they come to a planet and find a kino, watch what happened to the team that went to the planet. Then our crew that didnt go to the planet starts to get sick and they find out its in the water. Then they go to the planet to get the animals that attacked them so they can use the venom as treatment. We then see our young, greer, scott, and a few others killed by the creatures. scott then sends the kino through telling the next crew about the water making them sick, the creature venom curing them. opinions.

Comment

Working...
                          X