Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
    So, ladygris... and is that what you want to be called or is there a shorter version you're okay with. You'll notice that we are lazy with names and end up shortening them...

Anyway... we are going to be doing a rewatch here on the thread at some point soon... another thing to distract/inspire you and the ability to write.

Brn, guessing we're getting nothing but Shep out of you for a while.

[IMG]http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/bailey1ak/Lorne%202/large-FullSize-sga301-0839xe-1.jpg[/IMG
    Just give me a few more days before the rewatch! LOL! I'm almost done with my Human Target fic, and I'll be ready to go on a SGA marathon!

Comment

Ask away, always happy to help and I can send you screen caps of gimp if needed for clarification. Never be afraid to ask questions on the thread, we can all help out.

the rewatch would probably be next month. We have another challenge going on right now. I'll find the post and repost it right shortly for you.
      Last edited by bailey1ak; 10 May 2011, 03:51 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Ask away, always happy to help and I can send you screen caps. Never be afraid to ask questions on the thread, we can all help out.

the rewatch would probably be next month. We have another challenge going on right now. I'll find the post and repost it right shortly for you.
        Well, I have an image that I'd LOVE to use as a sig, but I have to crop it down. And that's where the complications are coming into play. I know how to USE the programs I have. Learning new ones get interesting.

Next month is just fine! I will be traveling some, but not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
          Well, I have an image that I'd LOVE to use as a sig, but I have to crop it down. And that's where the complications are coming into play. I know how to USE the programs I have. Learning new ones get interesting.

Next month is just fine! I will be traveling some, but not too much.
          lg, so you don't feel like you have a million questions and don't want to ask them all.... this is what I'd suggest. Start with the tutorial at the address below. It is a website that Copter and DG put together for the Ronon/Keller shippers over on that thread. They have since expanded it a bit, but they have set up some tutorials for makings sigs.

I'd suggest using the beginning one and then posting questions that arise.

http://docandthewildman.wordpress.co...ners-gimp/1-2/

There is also a link (the Clubhouse) below my signature.
          sigpic

Comment

lg, so you don't feel like you have a million questions and don't want to ask them all.... this is what I'd suggest. Start with the tutorial at the address below. It is a website that Copter and DG put together for the Ronon/Keller shippers over on that thread. They have since expanded it a bit, but they have set up some tutorials for makings sigs.

I'd suggest using the beginning one and then posting questions that arise.

http://docandthewildman.wordpress.co...ners-gimp/1-2/

There is also a link (the Clubhouse) below my signature.
            Oh, awesome! Thanks!

Comment

You are still welcome to ask any and ALL questions, but if you don't want to have to wait for responses and such the tut might be a great place to start. You can also look around the website at the art that is there, some is from challenges and some just for fun. The Shep whumpers have some stuff up there as well.

sigpic

Comment

I'm over at the tut now and making more progress than I was earlier! Yay! Hopefully I'll get it uploaded sometime tonight.

Comment

So... no messing around for you... Reminds me of Sha, she jumped in with both feet with Gimp too.

One thing I noticed when looking through the tuts just a bit ago is that we do things in Gimp differently from time to time. I do a few things differently, but the end result is the same. If you see anything in our sigs that you want to know how to do let us know.
                  sigpic

Comment

So... no messing around for you... Reminds me of Sha, she jumped in with both feet with Gimp too.

One thing I noticed when looking through the tuts just a bit ago is that we do things in Gimp differently from time to time. I do a few things differently, but the end result is the same. If you see anything in our sigs that you want to know how to do let us know.
                    Nope. If I do something, I usually jump in with both feet! LOL! Though, I am going to closely guard my writing time!

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                      Nope. If I do something, I usually jump in with both feet! LOL! Though, I am going to closely guard my writing time!
                      Good idea. I used to feel bad/guilty that I was neglecting my writing. "Goofy off" was how I viewed my time on the thread and playing with Gimp. I have since decided that in reality writing was my way of "playing" with the characters that I'd come to love (obsess over really). Sharing what I wrote and how I view the characters. Reading others work also helped not be so sad over the shows end.

Gimping and being on the thread is kind of the same thing. Taking the pics of the characters I love and creating a piece of art that also keeps the characters alive and show them how I view them in my head. Seeing what others have created and appreciating them... very similar to writing, just a different form of expression.

I do miss the writing side and hope to finish my story in the near future, but I am also trying to view Gimping as another avenue for appreciating Stargate.

Wow... who gave me a soap box and please, please take it away.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good idea. I used to feel bad/guilty that I was neglecting my writing. "Goofy off" was how I viewed my time on the thread and playing with Gimp. I have since decided that in reality writing was my way of "playing" with the characters that I'd come to love (obsess over really). Sharing what I wrote and how I view the characters. Reading others work also helped not be so sad over the shows end.

Gimping and being on the thread is kind of the same thing. Taking the pics of the characters I love and creating a piece of art that also keeps the characters alive and show them how I view them in my head. Seeing what others have created and appreciating them... very similar to writing, just a different form of expression.

I do miss the writing side and hope to finish my story in the near future, but I am also trying to view Gimping as another avenue for appreciating Stargate.

Wow... who gave me a soap box and please, please take it away.
                        LOL! For me, writing is more than just goofing off. It's a way of life. Since I AM published, I look at it very much like a job I LOVE. If I'm not writing, it doesn't matter how much reading or watching movies or whatever I am doing. I am VERY unhappy.

Comment

First attempt at Gimp. . . .Now to get it assigned as a sig!

Comment

How awesome to be published. Have always hoped to do that eventually, but it will have to wait until distractions grow up and move away. I thunk, gimp and write during the 10 minutes here and there I can find. Can't imagine what I could do with uninterrupted stretches of time.

sigpic

Comment

How awesome to be published. Have always hoped to do that eventually, but it will have to wait until distractions grow up and move away. I thunk, gimp and write during the 10 minutes here and there I can find. Can't imagine what I could do with uninterrupted stretches of time.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x.../jas100013.jpg
                              Well, I do have distractions, too. But, I also have uninterrupted stretches of time since I work VERY part time. Everyone asks me how I can write so much. Most people don't understand that, for me, it's a way of life. I focus and write every day save Sundays. Like I said, I treat it very much like a job.

I know I don't make a dime on writing on FanFiction.net and FictionPress, but that's not my goal. I can try to publish and only reach US readers who may or may not buy the story I'm writing. OR, I can post online and have a WORLDWIDE readership. It's a trade-off. I want to be able to have my penname on a novel one day and have international recognition due to the quality of my writing, not because I have a smoking hot book cover.

Wow! There's another soapbox! Take mine away! LOL!
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 May 2011, 09:44 PM. Reason: tags changed.

Comment

Oh and by the way... when using Reply With Quote, make sure to remove the [ img ] tags so that the pic doesn't show up in the reply. Mods aren't shiny about that because it takes up kbs.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X