Page 51 of 3517 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354611011515511051 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 70331

Default Re: Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, general discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard

Quote Originally Posted by bailey1ak View Post
    Good idea. I used to feel bad/guilty that I was neglecting my writing. "Goofy off" was how I viewed my time on the thread and playing with Gimp. I have since decided that in reality writing was my way of "playing" with the characters that I'd come to love (obsess over really). Sharing what I wrote and how I view the characters. Reading others work also helped not be so sad over the shows end.

Gimping and being on the thread is kind of the same thing. Taking the pics of the characters I love and creating a piece of art that also keeps the characters alive and show them how I view them in my head. Seeing what others have created and appreciating them... very similar to writing, just a different form of expression.

I do miss the writing side and hope to finish my story in the near future, but I am also trying to view Gimping as another avenue for appreciating Stargate.

Wow... who gave me a soap box and please, please take it away.
    LOL! For me, writing is more than just goofing off. It's a way of life. Since I AM published, I look at it very much like a job I LOVE. If I'm not writing, it doesn't matter how much reading or watching movies or whatever I am doing. I am VERY unhappy.

Default Re: Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, general discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard

First attempt at Gimp. . . .Now to get it assigned as a sig!

Air Force Chief of Staff bailey1ak's Avatar
    Sadly not somewhere w/ white sand and blue skies.

How awesome to be published. Have always hoped to do that eventually, but it will have to wait until distractions grow up and move away. I thunk, gimp and write during the 10 minutes here and there I can find. Can't imagine what I could do with uninterrupted stretches of time.

How awesome to be published. Have always hoped to do that eventually, but it will have to wait until distractions grow up and move away. I thunk, gimp and write during the 10 minutes here and there I can find. Can't imagine what I could do with uninterrupted stretches of time.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x.../jas100013.jpg
    Well, I do have distractions, too. But, I also have uninterrupted stretches of time since I work VERY part time. Everyone asks me how I can write so much. Most people don't understand that, for me, it's a way of life. I focus and write every day save Sundays. Like I said, I treat it very much like a job.

I know I don't make a dime on writing on FanFiction.net and FictionPress, but that's not my goal. I can try to publish and only reach US readers who may or may not buy the story I'm writing. OR, I can post online and have a WORLDWIDE readership. It's a trade-off. I want to be able to have my penname on a novel one day and have international recognition due to the quality of my writing, not because I have a smoking hot book cover.

Wow! There's another soapbox! Take mine away! LOL!
    Last edited by Bagpuss; May 10th, 2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: tags changed.

Oh and by the way... when using Reply With Quote, make sure to remove the [ img ] tags so that the pic doesn't show up in the reply. Mods aren't shiny about that because it takes up kbs.

Oops. Thowwy!

You weren't kidding about how addicting thunking and gimping is! LOL! I just whipped up a couple more banners, one of them at the request of a friend. I'll post them when things get good and started later. ;-)

bay your all soapy!!!

and GO lg.. I am not a gimper and not a PS I find out now..lol.. just a paintshop photo pro..????.. and if I ever learn that.. I am never going back..

glad to se lg ya got a pic. up..

I am working on a farwell pic for the flyboys.. since LJ had a bunch up.. and THEY FORGOT EVAN!!!! its like EATG all over again.. *cant breath* whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????

Spoiler:

Yep, I figured it out! LOL!

Here's one for you, Brn. Never could resist a man in his dress blues!

everything shep

Just finished a Lorne signature and then lost it due to a lock up... and I know... *scowls at self* just got done telling Sha this morning that I save more often now because of losing a sig... oops.

Recreating it now.

Just finished a Lorne signature and then lost it due to a lock up... and I know... *scowls at self* just got done telling Sha this morning that I save more often now because of losing a sig... oops.

Recreating it now.
    That's rough!

I wont laugh.. power cord on docking station no working.. programs locks up all the time..

*feel your pain*

ooooo its a double

By the time Sha is up to see what I've done I'll be laughing at myself, but that is because by then I will have a new pretty sig done and will be able to not cry anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brneyestx View Post
    ooooo its a double
    I see a third peaking out from behind... oops wrong thread, not a flyboy.

hmmm yummy pic.. I wanna play ball...

back to shep.. we play together still

And I know it'll take a bit to get this up, but here's one that I liked. Hopefully it'll help you smile, Bay. ;-)

I'm out too tonight.. need to finish writing and get some sleep..

Page 51 of 3517 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354611011515511051 ... LastLast