This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Space Suit (Spoilers S6/32)

doctor_who_2005.6x01.the_impossible_astronaut_part1.720p_hdtv_x264-fov 012546.jpg

Who could that be? Im guessing its the timelord child from The Day Of The Moon..
    I dunno what to put in here now..

I'm guessing its a space man

Comment

We will have to wait and see, but it could be the empty shell of the suit. We saw it moving and repairing itself...
      The little girl seems abit obvious, and + shes out of the suit now...

Comment

I doubt it's just an empty suit. Remember when the Doctor confronts it;

"It's okay. I know it's you."

It could be anyone, including perhaps even a character yet to be introduced. It's still early days.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I think it's a future version of River.

She did say that she was jailed for murder of "the most wonderful man" in "The Time Of Angels", which is set in terms of her personal timeline after "The Impossible Astronaut / Day Of The Moon".
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post

She did say that she was jailed for murder of "the most wonderful man" in "The Time Of Angels", which is set in terms of her personal timeline after "The Impossible Astronaut / Day Of The Moon".
            But the Spaceman walked back into the lake, and River did shoot at it...
            If she was arrested for the Doctors murder, how would they prove it? And we dont even know where the Spaceman went after going back into the lake...

Comment

So she was imprisoned in the 51st century for something she did in the 21st? No thats stupid

Look at the picture! You can see lips inside the suit!!!!!! probably a woman

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                So she was imprisoned in the 51st century for something she did in the 21st? No thats stupid

Look at the picture! You can see lips inside the suit!!!!!! probably a woman
                Keep in mind, she has a Time Agent vortex manipulator. There is probably a way for the Time Agency to track those in any moment in history. As to why the Suit walked back into the water, I don't have a theory behind that yet. We'll probably find out soon enough. Yes, I saw the lips, making me think it is a woman, and since it killed the "200 Years Older Doctor", and since River was jailed for killing someone of great importance (basically saying she killed the Doctor), then it all seemed to fall into place.

And please don't call me stupid again. I presented a theory. I don't need the hostility.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                But the Spaceman walked back into the lake, and River did shoot at it...
                If she was arrested for the Doctors murder, how would they prove it? And we dont even know where the Spaceman went after going back into the lake...
                But "Current River" could not have known that it was possibly her future self in that suit. Of course she fired at it. If you saw yourself killing someone you loved, but you didn't know it was yourself from the future because you couldn't see their face, then you'd probably shoot aswell!

You need to think about these things in Doctor Who from multiple angles instead of using a one track mind. It's kind of required.

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Keep in mind, she has a Time Agent vortex manipulator. There is probably a way for the Time Agency to track those in any moment in history. As to why the Suit walked back into the water, I don't have a theory behind that yet. We'll probably find out soon enough. Yes, I saw the lips, making me think it is a woman, and since it killed the "200 Years Older Doctor", and since River was jailed for killing someone of great importance (basically saying she killed the Doctor), then it all seemed to fall into place.

And please don't call me stupid again. I presented a theory. I don't need the hostility.

But "Current River" could not have known that it was possibly her future self in that suit. Of course she fired at it. If you saw yourself killing someone you loved, but you didn't know it was yourself from the future because you couldn't see their face, then you'd probably shoot aswell!

You need to think about these things in Doctor Who from multiple angles instead of using a one track mind. It's kind of required.
                  I just dont think its River in the suit. Why would she wear the suit?? I know theres speculation the girl in the suit could be River, but I just dont think it is.
                  Also, the girl who regenerated at the end, I just thought, was she the girl in the suit that we saw, the one that got out and hid behind the wall, because the one that regenerates doesnt look like her from what I remember
                  Going to have to rewatch these last two eps and concentrate now that Ive seen them both and dont have to sit and work it out while watching.

Comment

I didn't call you stupid, I called your idea stupid.. theres a difference, and even if the Time Agency could monitor all of time, it didn't seem like they were particularly interested in enforcing laws broken 3000 years in the past. Plus Jack knew nothing of the doctor, so why would the time agency? It just doesn't make any sense.... Like everyone is all gun ho about Rivers identity being something incredible complex and outlandish, yet who she kills is as simple as the Doctor.. doubtful

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                      I didn't call you stupid, I called your idea stupid.. theres a difference, and even if the Time Agency could monitor all of time, it didn't seem like they were particularly interested in enforcing laws broken 3000 years in the past. Plus Jack knew nothing of the doctor, so why would the time agency? It just doesn't make any sense.... Like everyone is all gun ho about Rivers identity being something incredible complex and outlandish, yet who she kills is as simple as the Doctor.. doubtful
                      Again, it was just a theory based upon given facts. You didn't need to be so hostile towards it. And given the track record of Steven Moffat and Doctor Who, it is not completely out of the realm of possibility. Steven Moffat is a writing genuis, and he has messed with our heads a few times before. Why can't you accept that? Learn to think outside of the box for once in your life!

Comment

Again, it was just a theory based upon given facts. You didn't need to be so hostile towards it. And given the track record of Steven Moffat and Doctor Who, it is not completely out of the realm of possibility. Steven Moffat is a writing genuis, and he has messed with our heads a few times before. Why can't you accept that? Learn to think outside of the box for once in your life!
                        Time Agency first appeared in a Moffat episode, depending on how long a game he's playing here with this story line it could be relevant

Completely off the topic of the thread but related to the above: If Moffat has had this story arc planned since the Empty Child, could the fact that Captain Jack is missing three years of memories be related to the Silence? RTD did say that that was a Moffat thing and that he himself had no idea about that bit of backstory

Comment

The "good man" is not The Doctor. River was ALREADY IN PRISON WHEN SHE WAS SUMMONED TO UTAH and WITNESSES The Doctor's death by the Astronoght. How can she be serving time if she hasnt commited the crime yet? She'd REMEMBER she killed The Doctor otherwise.

You're falling DIRECTLY into Moffat's hands by stating the obvious answer. DOCTOR WHO ISNT AN OBVIOUS SHOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
                            The "good man" is not The Doctor. River was ALREADY IN PRISON WHEN SHE WAS SUMMONED TO UTAH and WITNESSES The Doctor's death by the Astronoght. How can she be serving time if she hasnt commited the crime yet? She'd REMEMBER she killed The Doctor otherwise.

You're falling DIRECTLY into Moffat's hands by stating the obvious answer. DOCTOR WHO ISNT AN OBVIOUS SHOW.
                            Look, for the last time, I just put forward a theory based on established facts. As the Doctor has said himself many times, "time can be fixed, and time can be in flux". We simply don't know enough yet. I know Doctor Who isn't an obvious show. I've known since I started watching it with Sly McCoy back in 1987.

Look, i'm not saying i'm right. I'm not saying i'm even close to being right. But i've considered the facts, and put them together in the most possible way that I could come up with. Why can't you all just take my theory as one of the many other possible theories? It's like, you all like annoying me unfairly when I haven't done anything to any of you.
                            Last edited by Billz; 01 May 2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Look, for the last time, I just put forward a theory based on established facts. As the Doctor has said himself many times, "time can be fixed, and time can be in flux". We simply don't know enough yet. I know Doctor Who isn't an obvious show. I've known since I started watching it with Sly McCoy back in 1987.

Look, i'm not saying i'm right. I'm not saying i'm even close to being right. But i've considered the facts, and put them together in the most possible way that I could come up with. Why can't you all just take my theory as one of the many other possible theories? It's like, you all like annoying me unfairly when I have done anything to any of you.
                              Well your theory stinks! So there! lol

It's possible River kills the doctor yes, but unlikely - I'm thinking she's going to kill Rory, or some other important character we haven't met yet.

As for the little Girl - I'm guessing she is Amy/The Doctors child. It was obvious she was talking about the doctor when she was alone and scared. Also why else was it so important that she tell him that she was going to have the kid. The Silence hid the fact that Amy was pregnant, than hid the fact that she had the child. The machine at the end when he was looking at the records of her scans kept jumping back and forth like they were confused further proving it. The child later regenerates, proving that the Dr. is the father. I sure hope the little girl isn't River Song. That would just be creepy. I guess we'll find out more in The Dr.'s Wife.

Comment

Working...
                              X