No announcement yet.

The mystery behind the Drones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we see the drones do damage against destiny, but they can't take it down - they're not doing that much of a miracle if they can't take down one ship.
    they nearly took it down, what, 3x now? saved by fleeing, saved by sacrifice and saved by fleeing. Destiny never defeated the drones and each time was about to be defeated by them.

however, we do know that the drones appear to be from a previous galaxy - i think, anyway, though i'm not sure. the race that built them was certainly advanced, but destiny is hardly from the height of ancient civilisation, so we've no way to know how they would do against a 'modern' lantean warship. if destiny can hold them off though, it's fair to guess that more advanced tech can too.
    i have seen dozens and dozens of promos and explanations from the Writers saying it was launched at the height of their civilisation.

the Ancient civ, not the Lantean civ since that can be counted as a wholly different form of ancient in more ways that one

Comment

I wonder why Rush or Eli can't sent a reset loop command to the drones until it drain all it's power to prevent receiving a new command from the command ship?

I'm sure destiny able to detect which signal the drones used to receive a command.

Comment

I wonder why Rush or Eli can't sent a reset loop command to the drones until it drain all it's power to prevent receiving a new command from the command ship?

I'm sure destiny able to detect which signal the drones used to receive a command.
        As far as I can tell, drones are only susceptible to alternate command hacks when their command ship is destroyed. As long as the command ship is around though, it is able to very quickly adapt to any kind of interference of its control over its drones. It is also highly likely that hack techniques that may have proved successful once will no longer be effective in future once the command ship has adapted.

Comment

No, not a crappy show. But worthy of a C to a B.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post

Well there is the whole "getting shot to pieces while you try to decipher their signal" part.

Would be nice though if they hadn't chosen to hastily blow up the one ace up their sleeves.

Comment

since we know Subspace has thousands of "channels", the Command ship would send it's commands on a new channel, thus rendering it useless.

that's the problem with the jamming too: the command ship simply switches channels.

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                As far as I can tell, drones are only susceptible to alternate command hacks when their command ship is destroyed. As long as the command ship is around though, it is able to very quickly adapt to any kind of interference of its control over its drones. It is also highly likely that hack techniques that may have proved successful once will no longer be effective in future once the command ship has adapted.
                That makes me wonder if they could Jam it?

Comment

They already tried that. The longest Eli was able to interfere with the drone communication was a few seconds. The command ship was able to overcome the interruption that quickly. As I said, I'm doubtful that hacking approach will work going forward. Given that command ships are now stalking Destiny, it seem clear that there is some information sharing happening between them. The other command ships are now no doubt aware of and prepared for any jamming attempt.

Comment

Dat sucks!

Comment

nah i think the jamming still works, just not long

Comment

Interesting that an advanced space faring drone army can't effectively use frequency hopping.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          i have seen dozens and dozens of promos and explanations from the Writers saying it was launched at the height of their civilisation.

the Ancient civ, not the Lantean civ since that can be counted as a wholly different form of ancient in more ways that one
                          America is different than ancient Rome but its still human civilization. Lantians were called Lantians because they were from Atlantis. It'd be like saying New Yorkers and whatever you call people from Boston are different, we're still all the same race. It has never even been hinted at in the shows that they were two different races. I don't remember in the show if they ever said Destiny was launched at the height of their civilization.

The only thing you could say is that the Alterans and the Ancients were possibly different and even that is shakey since a huge part of who they are, the Ori, carried through from when they were still on their homeworld all the way through Destiny's launch, through Atlantis's building, going to Pegasus and returning to the milky way, ascending and us rediscovering the stargate and defeating the Ori. They're all the same.
                          Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by beafly View Post
                            Interesting that an advanced space faring drone army can't effectively use frequency hopping.
                            Maybe they have yet to encounter an enemy that DID jam them to where they needed to develop it?

Comment

I see drones as guardians who are defending the galaxy against something bigger or more evil. I think its more exciting to believe that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Makes you wonder what that would be though..

Comment

Working...
                                X