The mystery behind the Drones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Makes you wonder what that would be though..
    It is sad that we may never know the answer to that.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've said it before but it deserves saying a gain..

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa

Comment

A friend of mine is absolutly sure that the humans from Futura built the drones, even though all evidence( Ursini said they were very old, seems way beyond Novus's tech level, etc.) seems to point away from that.

Comment

JM alluded to the possibility that the drones were in fact created by alternate Destiny's descendants.

Don Matthews writes: “Are we gonna find out that the drones are an outgrowth of Destiny’s decendants?”

Answer: Alas, we will not. Of course, that’s not say we wouldn’t have.

Comment

But how??? their level of tech in the last 40 or so years, was no where NEAR close to hitting hyperspace/ftl tech, let alone shielded/weaponed stuff. So how could they have made them?>

Comment

Eli says that different colonies could have advanced at different rates.

Comment

Not to that level though.

Comment

I don't understand why the novus tech was behind. I understand it would take time to build an infrastructure and etc. However I would assume the remaining scientists would have written down a great deal of information about hyperdrive technology.

Comment

I think we can safely surmise how truly complex hyperdrive technology is which couldn't really be inferred in the past. It seems that unless it is you expertise like Dr Perry or Col. Carter, even a very simplistic drive is very difficult to replicate.

Comment

The drones are probably this galaxy's version of the replicators. They probably turned on whoever built them.

Comment

Plus infrastructure/knowledge may matter not if the materials its made out of don't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                          The drones are probably this galaxy's version of the replicators.
                          To an extent, I agree.

They probably turned on whoever built them.
                          The problem with this idea is that, like block-Replicators in SG-1, the drones really don't seem to have the sapience required to "rebel" - they and the command ships fulfill their function (destroy "alien" technology) without any real thought or malice, just as the Replicators fulfilled their function (replicate) without any real thought or malice.

It's quite possible that the Drone-Builders are merely isolationist (i.e., they use the drones to preempt attacks against them by destroying any potential aggressors) or that they died out from natural or semi-natural causes (such as a plague, Asgard-cloning problem, societal collapse, etc).
                          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

It's quite possible that the Drone-Builders are merely isolationist...
                            This is interesting since it also presents the possibility that the drone makers are alive and well, living a Utopian existence, completely oblivious to the carnage their defense system is wreaking on neighboring galaxies.

Comment

Or maybe the drone builders were paranoid and thought that the gates were being used as a part of an invasion so they made the drones to protect themselves against the threat.

Comment

Or maybe the drone builders were paranoid and thought that the gates were being used as a part of an invasion so they made the drones to protect themselves against the threat.
                                Which might explain why they are so hell bent against us.

Comment

Working...
                                X