The mystery behind the Drones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mystery behind the Drones

We know those drones attack any thing that is advanced technology, thats what they were programmed to do. Whoever built them wanted to take down either one advanced enemy or cleanse the galaxy from advanced technology. We were told they were part of a war. The Ursini became extinct after they awoken the drones. So the drones are much older and were used in a war that probably had the two sides extinct. Could one of the races who created the drones be the God-like planet builders? They probably evolved into being energy based species who for some reason are unlike the ancients. But its more likely they were the ones who created the universe and are closely related to the signal Rush is after. So why would those extra-dimensional beings create these drones? I believe they were set up to prevent a future occurrence, to guard that part of the galaxy from approaching armies. Could you buy that theory? That they were intended as a force for good?
    sigpic

I don't think they created drones.

Comment

I agree- the Drones were likely made by some as-yet not (and until Stargate returns in a few years never) seen race.

Comment

well given that the drones do miracles against advanced tech we can say that whoever built them was equal to the ancients at their height. it's likely that the war they fought wouldn't even be one of galactic proportions but one of intergalactic proportions

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          well given that the drones do miracles against advanced tech we can say that whoever built them was equal to the ancients at their height. it's likely that the war they fought wouldn't even be one of galactic proportions but one of intergalactic proportions
          That would be awesome to see!
          sigpic
          LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

We really can't.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              We really can't.
              seconded.

we see the drones do damage against destiny, but they can't take it down - they're not doing that much of a miracle if they can't take down one ship.

however, we do know that the drones appear to be from a previous galaxy - i think, anyway, though i'm not sure. the race that built them was certainly advanced, but destiny is hardly from the height of ancient civilisation, so we've no way to know how they would do against a 'modern' lantean warship. if destiny can hold them off though, it's fair to guess that more advanced tech can too.
              Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

I agree that I don't think the Planet-builders are responsible for the drones. They were probably not designed to fight the Ursini either. There may be some credence to their mandate being intergalactic, because the lengths they've gone to destroy Destiny in terms of dogged pursuit seem distinct from a system created to defend a particular area of space. Given their current diligent pursuit, its may even be possible that they are from no where near that section of the galaxy. They may have simply been pursuing technology wherever it occurs to whatever distances are needed to eradicate it.

That kind of mandate seem quite malicious as to target alien cultures the drone creators may not even have met yet. On the other hand this may just be a case of the drones turning on their masters, though that would imply some kind of intelligence somewhere. A command ship to command the command ships.

Comment

Which makes me wonder, why there are now at least 3 spacefairing advanced races (blues, ursini and the drone makers).

Comment

I agree that they are not that advanced. They are succeeding in hurting Destiny mostly because it is in such a bad shape. Every system of Destiny has been through of a million years of abuse and wear and tear. If they would come across Destiny in its prime they would probably be brushed aside with ease.

As for their creators. If the show had gone on I'm sure we'd have learnt more of them. I wouldn't search too deeply for connections with the planet builders though. I mean it's not impossible there's a connection, but not likely. The universe is a big place, not every encounter is connected to another one. Basically the story behind the drones is a well known sci fi trope where a naive race creates robots to serve them/annihilate their opponents and gets taken in by them. It's been used in Dr. Who, Babylon 5, Stargate Voyager, SG1 and SGA with some variations (replicators, nanobots), and to a lesser extent movies like Terminator, Mark 13, Screamer and books like Dune and probably some more sci fi.
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

The drones are as mysterious as the borg, and just about as bad. At least they kill you, not assimilate, something I think every sci-fi fan dreads.

I won't spoiler tag this since the series is canceled.

We were to be introduced to a new alien species in season three, the species that created the drones. They were to be introduced in the premiere saving Destiny and her crew.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                        The drones are as mysterious as the borg, and just about as bad. At least they kill you, not assimilate, something I think every sci-fi fan dreads.

I won't spoiler tag this since the series is canceled.

We were to be introduced to a new alien species in season three, the species that created the drones. They were to be introduced in the premiere saving Destiny and her crew.
                        I'd like to see your source on if that "spoiler" is reliable due to the fact that i Googled SGU season 3 and nothing came up besides gateworld stuff. btw who cares it is a canceled crappy show.

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                          How do you know this?

Originally posted by Eagalis View Post
                          btw who cares it is a canceled crappy show.
                          Cancelled, yes. Crappy, no.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            How do you know this?
                            He doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              Cancelled, yes. Crappy, no.
                              This.

Comment

Working...