The Man Who Knew Too Much (622)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
    I guess I'm the opposite of most people here. I think the memory wipe was a good way to put the Lisa & Ben story to rest without killing them off in some horrible way. And I disagree that it would put them into worse danger. They have no way to defend themselves, so it's better for them NOT to live in constant fear of what could happen. And the monsters and demons will know that Dean distanced himself from Lisa and Ben in this way, but since they don't 'get' human emotions they might interpret it not as a sacrifice but as if Dean wanted to get rid of them because they were a burden.

On the other hand, I didn't particularly care for the fact that Cas is the new Super Villain. I admit it was a great twist and took me completely by surprise, but I'm so sick and tired of having the boys go against seemingly unsurmountable odds with adversarys holding basically infinite power, and in the end the Winchester still vanquish them - and without suffering as much as a scratch too. It was a stretch to see how easily demons and monsters could be tricked and deceived, but an all-seeing, all-knowing new 'God'? He could not only listen to their conversations but hear their very thoughts. How would they ever even formulate a plan against him?

So if the fact that Misha Collins is not a regular next season means this storyline will be laid to rest in the season permier, I'm all for it. If the theme for S7 is Butch & Sundance, so be it. They robbed small fry Mexican banks, let the boys go after some 'normal' monsters for a change. And if need be, have a showdown with the equivalent of the whole Mexican army only at the very end.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant. I still have faith in the show, and I won't stop watching just because I don't agree with a decision of TPTB. There was a lot about the season finale I loved. The three Sams were awesome. Bobby playing a reporter was a joy to behold. Dean kicking multiple demon @ss is always a bonus, and Crowley was his usual sarcastic self. Too bad they killed off Balthazar. I really liked the guy, he had style. I wonder, though - we never found out what was hanging from that chain he wore around his neck. I was half expecting it to be Dean's amulet, or maybe another copy of it. Who knows, it might have been a charm that helped him survive. Or maybe he had offered himself up as a vessel for God? So He could keep tabs on what was going on in heaven? That would be really cool - at least IMHO.
    Good point about Lisa and Ben, but they still could be used against Dean. He's been wiped from their minds, but they are still very much in his. We'll have to see if this is somehow used as a plot device next season.

I don't know how I feel about Cas as the big bad...and if its resolved in the season opener...I'll be less than happy.

When I rewatched the season finale I couldn't help but think....
    sigpic

Comment

I liked the way Dean said bye to Lisa and Ben again, but it was Cass that sotred it for him and Dean still couldnt try and help Cass, they just cold shouldered him.

He might not have done a very ethical thing with working with Crowley, but after all Heaven has been through, wouldnt you try to make it better for your family any way you can?

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
        I liked the way Dean said bye to Lisa and Ben again, but it was Cass that sotred it for him and Dean still couldnt try and help Cass, they just cold shouldered him.

He might not have done a very ethical thing with working with Crowley, but after all Heaven has been through, wouldnt you try to make it better for your family any way you can?

N.C
        I agree...but getting in bed with demons never bodes well. Just watched Charmed...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          I agree...but getting in bed with demons never bodes well. Just watched Charmed...
          Touche

And its not like Cass is that far in with Crowley, he was just using him as a means to his end, team free Will have done it enough, its just Cass' was such a an order of magnitude higher and could backfire very badly, thats the only reason i see as Dean taking an issue with it at the core, anything other than that about the morality of it and Dean just became the biggest two faced bastard out of all SPN, getting close to topping Johns two-faced'ness aswell which is saddening because i thought thats the one trait he wouldnt have admired about him.

N.C

Comment

Touche

And its not like Cass is that far in with Crowley, he was just using him as a means to his end, team free Will have done it enough, its just Cass' was such a an order of magnitude higher and could backfire very badly, thats the only reason i see as Dean taking an issue with it at the core, anything other than that about the morality of it and Dean just became the biggest two faced bastard out of all SPN, getting close to topping Johns two-faced'ness aswell which is saddening because i thought thats the one trait he wouldnt have admired about him.

N.C
            Seems that Cas wasn't giving the boys much "free will" when he asked them to kneel...

sigpic

Comment

Yeh i know, after getting drunk with soul-power he becomes corrupt, but before that ..

N.C

Comment

Yeh i know, after getting drunk with soul-power he becomes corrupt, but before that ..

N.C

sigpic

Comment

Clearly Cas's plan worked perfectly and even better than expected since he is God now. I don't understand where all this villain talk is coming from?!? He's even willing to forgive Sam's attempt to kill him now that's merciful.. not to mention Dean's ridiculously arrogant attitude towards him since the in bed with Crowley reveal.

I know God is a total absentee landlord in the Supernatural universe but it'll be strange if he tolerates Cas masquerading as God for longer than a few heartbeats at the start of next season. I'm in the blame Dean club for this whole mess too, the guy has very serious issues. Control freak, hypocrite, self-appointed judge and jury over anyone and anything including an angel he considers as close to him as family. These are just a few of the labels that could arguably be thrown at Dean this season.

Now I'm off to bow before the new God!
                  "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                    Clearly Cas's plan worked perfectly and even better than expected since he is God now. I don't understand where all this villain talk is coming from?!? He's even willing to forgive Sam's attempt to kill him now that's merciful.. not to mention Dean's ridiculously arrogant attitude towards him since the in bed with Crowley reveal.

I know God is a total absentee landlord in the Supernatural universe but it'll be strange if he tolerates Cas masquerading as God for longer than a few heartbeats at the start of next season. I'm in the blame Dean club for this whole mess too, the guy has very serious issues. Control freak, hypocrite, self-appointed judge and jury over anyone and anything including an angel he considers as close to him as family. These are just a few of the labels that could arguably be thrown at Dean this season.

Now I'm off to bow before the new God!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X