The Man Who Knew Too Much (622)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Man Who Knew Too Much (622)

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER ERIC KRIPKE PENS THE SEASON FINALE - The wall comes down in Sam's (Jared Padalecki) head and all hell breaks loose. Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Bobby (Jim Beaver) are, for once, at a total loss on how to help him and are forced to stand by and do nothing while Sam breaks. The battle for heaven comes to a head. Robert Singer directed the episode written by Eric Kripke (#622).
    Special Note: This thread covers episode 622, "The Man Who Knew Too Much" only, which originally aired as part of a two hour finale. If you want to talk about episode 621 only, please use the "Let It Bleed" thread instead.

Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

I did not like this Finale at all. The last Episode was spent halftime in a imaginary world revolving only around Sam remembering and I dont know what to say about the ending.

I just dont like the conclusion at all. I went into this Season thinking that it is the very last and had no idea that this is going to end in a Cliffhanger. I dont know what went down, but I guess the writers had to redo some stuff after they got another Season, but it just goes on my Nerves. The Mother of Monsters is Dead, God is still in hiding(that Ass), Castiel is drunk with power, a few more Characters got cut and no idea whats going on with Sam now. Though I guess Sam would have Died instantly if he couldnt handle it.

Edit: Kind of like I did not like the Series Finale of Smallville. Half of the 2 Hour Episode was about Clark and Lois getting Married, what never happened in the real Story, but suddenly they feel like killing of Tess and bring back a Lex Luthor without memory.
    Last edited by tomstone; 21 May 2011, 07:18 AM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      I did not like this Finale at all. The last Episode was spent halftime in a imaginary world revolving only around Sam remembering and I dont know what to say about the ending.

I just dont like the conclusion at all. I went into this Season thinking that it is the very last and had no idea that this is going to end in a Cliffhanger. I dont know what went down, but I guess the writers had to redo some stuff after they got another Season, but it just goes on my Nerves. The Mother of Monsters is Dead, God is still in hiding(that Ass), Castiel is drunk with power, a few more Characters got cut and no idea whats going on with Sam now. Though I guess Sam would have Died instantly if he couldnt handle it.
      Well, I have to disagree with you on this one. And why wouldn't the season end in a cliffhanger since they got another one? This was another excellent episode of SPN. loved the inner battle Sam was having. Humpty Dumpty is all together now. I feel Sam will probably have issues in the future since he now remembers what happened in the pit.

I was surprised by Cas at the end.

sigpic

Comment

Wow...just wow. My first thoughts. All hail Kripke! Carry On My Wayward Son.

We know that absolute power, corrupts absolutely and Cas has just proved that point. Maybe Cas feels like God...but he's become more like a fallen angel. Another Lucifer!!!

I never saw that coming as I was convinced that Cas would become human. I also thought that the wall would come down and leave Sam in a messy heap for the cliffhanger.

So glad I was wrong.

Dean tried so hard to tell Cas that no good would come of what he was doing...and he was right - again!

I love how they played out the three parts of Sam's psyche and how he needed to put Humpty Dumpty back together again to bring himself back, to help Dean. That's such an interesting way to show the wall breaking and him coping with it. And poor broken, demoralised, bloody Sam who'd been in Hell. Jared certainly played all those different aspects of Sam to perfection. Awesome.

It'll be interesting to see how Sam copes next season and where Cas goes from here.
        sigpic

Comment

This episode would have sucked if they didn't get renewed for a 7th season. They lucked out on that one.

I like how it all played out but I think episode 1 of season 7 should have been the final episode of season six. Not a fan of cliffhanger endings, especially when 3/4 of the final episode is basically a waste of time. It could have been done in 20-30 minutes.

With all that being said, this show is great. I cant wait until season 7.
          Cream Cheese, the people's cheese.

Comment

wow!! that was great
            wouldn't it be cool if the first scene of next season goes like:
            Cas: just kidding!

as soon as Balthazar mentioned Cas exploding I knew this was coming
            looks like Cas was plan B all along
            if Michael and Lucifer won't bring the apocalypse he would

highlights:
            Bobby investigating
            Dean dumping Lisa and Ben
            Balthazar no!!!! I'm gonna miss that guy
            Sam vs. Sam vs. Sam
            the purgatory lady and Bobby
            Crowley is always a treat
            Cas going dark lord on everyone

Comment

Christ Almighty!!!!!!! (apologies if this offends anyone but its the only phrase i know of to do this finale justice)

Lost for words after that i mean, ****.

I kept expecting Chuck to step in at any point there, thought Raphael was going to claim the souls and it would have been God, Cass the trio vs Raphael.

I guessed that Cass wouldnt have assumed Crowley running to Raphael and i wasnt disappointed that was EPIC.

I bow down before the quill of Kripke.

Ironically its actually Sam and Deans own fault for this, they taught Cass to have free will, to question his faith in the Archangels;

"Every human strives for more power"

Might be a bit too generalized, but Cass has seen things in human light, he needed more power to overthrow Raphael (humans always find justification for more power) and in the end, absolute power corrupted Cass abso-frakking-lutely.

How they are gonna get them out of this short of the intervention of God is beyond my imagination right now.

12 billion Stars out of 5 for this seriously.

N.C

Comment

Not the best season finale, but interesting set up for next season. I guess Cas will be the big bad for next season. Hopefully it won't be resolved in the first episode.

Though I hope they don't end up destroying Cas's character in the process or that he's actually dead.
                Last edited by LoneStar1836; 21 May 2011, 09:37 AM.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

It was by no means the most exiting season finale but it wrapped things up decently, so we can hopefully get a new story in the next season. I still feel that the conflict between Cas and the Winchester could have been avoided if Dean hadn't been such a jerk (Cas has very good reasons after all) and the cliffhanger was rather lame but it was twisty and Cas was awesome so it was okay. Better than most of the season anyway.

The Ben / Lisa plot was cheap melodrama though, I kept wondering when they would get Baltasar (sad to see him go) to heal Lisa. Oh and for the record: Dean should see a ****ing shrink. Modfiying their memories was way out of line and not a healthy solution at all (or any solution for that matter since they aren't any safer now).
                  In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

While I was hoping for a little more in regards to Sam now remembering hell, I thought the resoloution with Raph, Cas and Crowley was awesome. You can definately feel how much Cas has changed just in his demeanor. Loved the way he made Raph explode just like Lucifer made him explode. And of course when Sam stabbed him in the back I did think for a second that they'd killed off Cas, until he reached round his back and pulled it out. He's definately infinately more powerful than even Lucifer.

Which makes you think.............does this mean that to save the Earth from Cas, they're going to have to unleash Lucifer and Michael again?
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'm having minor flashes back to Sam on demon blood. To me, Cas loves the feeling of all those souls that he is not longer thinking. Seems like he's lost every bit of humanity he gained while with the boys. But now he has absolute power to go along with the lack of empathy, understanding, freedom, etc.

And I honestly think they could have made Sam "putting Humpty Dumpty back together again" into a complete episode in itself. Maybe have made "Let it bleed" earlier in the season, and stuck Sam rebuilding as the first part of the two. Or maybe I just wanted to see Erica Cerra longer

And knowing what we do about Misha's status next season, I'm worried Cas is going to be lost to us. And I could have sworn I heard somewhere that we were going to get Chuck back at some point this season, so maybe he could play into whatever solution Team Winchester can come up with.

I'm just glad they got another season. This would have sucked as a series finale.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow.....that was SO not was I was expecting! That's what I love about this show.....I saw this episode going an entirely different direction from what actually happened.

I can't believe Sam is....well, kinda normal.....after all that. I have a feeling he's not as back together as he seemed.

Cas!!!!! Whoa.

IHS
                        sigpic

Comment

My wife and I loved the finale. Honestly, I didn't see Castiel going as dark as he did. I guess the power he now possesses is too much to handle. He is now drunk with power. I can't wait to see what happens with that next season.

As for Sam, it was nice to even see him on his feet. I am sure he will have a rough go of things next season though, as he deals with his memories of Hell.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
                            And I could have sworn I heard somewhere that we were going to get Chuck back at some point this season, so maybe he could play into whatever solution Team Winchester can come up with.
                            I remember something like this vaguely - but if the rumour was that we would se god again, instead of Chuck, well, the we had it. Just completely different than expected.

For some more cohorent thoughts I'll have to re-watch the episodes. I am just back from AE2. Totally Supernatural overflow.
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

I guess I'm the opposite of most people here. I think the memory wipe was a good way to put the Lisa & Ben story to rest without killing them off in some horrible way. And I disagree that it would put them into worse danger. They have no way to defend themselves, so it's better for them NOT to live in constant fear of what could happen. And the monsters and demons will know that Dean distanced himself from Lisa and Ben in this way, but since they don't 'get' human emotions they might interpret it not as a sacrifice but as if Dean wanted to get rid of them because they were a burden.

On the other hand, I didn't particularly care for the fact that Cas is the new Super Villain. I admit it was a great twist and took me completely by surprise, but I'm so sick and tired of having the boys go against seemingly unsurmountable odds with adversarys holding basically infinite power, and in the end the Winchester still vanquish them - and without suffering as much as a scratch too. It was a stretch to see how easily demons and monsters could be tricked and deceived, but an all-seeing, all-knowing new 'God'? He could not only listen to their conversations but hear their very thoughts. How would they ever even formulate a plan against him?

So if the fact that Misha Collins is not a regular next season means this storyline will be laid to rest in the season permier, I'm all for it. If the theme for S7 is Butch & Sundance, so be it. They robbed small fry Mexican banks, let the boys go after some 'normal' monsters for a change. And if need be, have a showdown with the equivalent of the whole Mexican army only at the very end.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant. I still have faith in the show, and I won't stop watching just because I don't agree with a decision of TPTB. There was a lot about the season finale I loved. The three Sams were awesome. Bobby playing a reporter was a joy to behold. Dean kicking multiple demon @ss is always a bonus, and Crowley was his usual sarcastic self. Too bad they killed off Balthazar. I really liked the guy, he had style. I wonder, though - we never found out what was hanging from that chain he wore around his neck. I was half expecting it to be Dean's amulet, or maybe another copy of it. Who knows, it might have been a charm that helped him survive. Or maybe he had offered himself up as a vessel for God? So He could keep tabs on what was going on in heaven? That would be really cool - at least IMHO.

sigpic
                              Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X