No announcement yet.

There But For the Grace of God (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another good episode on their part. This is technically, the beginning of Sg-1's first four-part episodes (this one, Polotics, Serpent's lair and Within the Serpent's Grasp)

Michael Shanks gave a five-star performance, seeing things they way they are in his reality, and yet, everything's so different.

Christopher Judge was excellent as Teal'c's "evil twin". I must say, though. He did not look good with that ridiculous pony-tail at all!

RDA was actually a General this time around. I must say it was a little strange seeing him give orders to Hammond.

And as for Amanda Tapping, she looks good with long hair with the bangs (the Carter in "Point of View" did not look very good). Though it is still unnatural for her not to be the Captain we know and love.

Anyway, great episode that shows what would happen if the Goa'uld came and attacked.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
      Christopher Judge was excellent as Teal'c's "evil twin". I must say, though. He did not look good with that ridiculous pony-tail at all!
      Probably Apophis' idea. He's after all, the fashion plate of the Goa'uld.

Comment

You mean fashion slayer of the Goa'uld.

Ok, so his outfits weren't too bad, but those hats just had to go! He did not look good in any of them. The serpent's head was too big for his frame. That hat with the cups on either side was really funny to look at. And that metal cap made him look old with that make-up.

Who agrees? Anyone?
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdeyeblind105
          The village couldn't have been more than a few miles away from the gate, which is well within the range of even the weakest of nukes.
          Plus you have to remember that wasn't the nuke naquida enhanced? And even not there's still the radioactive fallout from any detenation of a nuclear device.
          Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
          www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
          2 Cor 4:7

Comment

Has anyone figured out what SGA stands for? I've been trying to come up with something but got nuthin'. Can't find anything on any of the sites either.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatcat
              Has anyone figured out what SGA stands for? I've been trying to come up with something but got nuthin'. Can't find anything on any of the sites either.
              My guess is "Stargate Administration" or "Stargate Authority."

Comment

I'm leaning towards Stargate Administration.

Comment

One site uses "Stargate Association" but as far as I know its never said what the letters stand for.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                    You mean fashion slayer of the Goa'uld.

Ok, so his outfits weren't too bad, but those hats just had to go! He did not look good in any of them. The serpent's head was too big for his frame. That hat with the cups on either side was really funny to look at. And that metal cap made him look old with that make-up.

Who agrees? Anyone?
                    I do. The hat from the dungeon scene in COTG--he looked like Mickey Mouse on acid. Not a good thing.

Of course, his fashion sense (or lack thereof) is what makes him so wonderfully ridiculous. He'd be a lot more fun to laugh at if he wasn't always trying to kill people.
                    Last edited by zats; 04 October 2004, 11:29 AM. Reason: Too much coffee makes me weirder than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      My guess is "Stargate Administration" or "Stargate Authority."
                      Or "Stargate Association"--which sounds like a corporation, like Wal-Mart or something.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                        Or "Stargate Association"--which sounds like a corporation, like Wal-Mart or something.
                        Yeah, but I dismissed that because it doesn't sound like something that someone would name a military project.

Comment

Yes, at the moment I'm leaning toward "Stargate Administration".

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                            I'm really curious I'm not from America so what is Wal-Mart eactualy?Is it a big supermarkt or so??
                            Lord Zedd

Comment

Reaaly good episode !! Jack as General
                              Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                                I'm really curious I'm not from America so what is Wal-Mart eactualy?Is it a big supermarkt or so??
                                It's a big department store, basically. It's got clothes, sports supplies, fabrics, just about everything you can think of. Except food. At least not in mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X