Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Anubis
    Jack as General
    Hehe! Who would have saw that coming eh?

I really liked this episode, on of my favourite early eps. Actually I like most of the Aternate universe episodes

Comment

this is the episode that is the start of modern sg1. really enjoyed this episode, lead the possibility for many story arcs but we only got two out of it.

liked seeing walter fight, and hammond die. good episode!
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
        It's a big department store, basically. It's got clothes, sports supplies, fabrics, just about everything you can think of. Except food. At least not in mine.
        Some have a small snack section, and more recently the Wal-Mart neighborhood markets have been introduced, and they have a sizeable produce section. Beware their meat department.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          I love the look on her face when the Captain Carter with the short hair and the field kit comes into view on the tape. You can just see both the possibilities of the alternate realities playing out, and the possibilities of what her life might have been like. It was very nicely played emotion on AT's part.

And the best wig that she's gotten in the entire show
          So true about the wig. Very natural & nothing like the rug they stuck on her head for Point of View. And she may not have been militarySam, but she knew how to kick butt. Liked the "Oh, yeah. I also wish to blow us all to hell" line as she pulled the pin out of the grenade.
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            And she may not have been militarySam, but she knew how to kick butt. Liked the "Oh, yeah. I also wish to blow us all to hell" line as she pulled the pin out of the grenade.
            I *loved* that as well! Maybe especially because I wasn't expecting it.

Comment

I really have one gripe with this episode: they used the numbers given in the recording to determine the origin of the attack. They assumed the aliens considered their PoO to be #1. You see, I consider the PoO to be #39. Do you guys? If that were the case, the address would have been completely different. They turned out to be right, but who's with me?
              Rocky

Comment

Even if those aliens did go according to your theory (this is not a bashing), all they would have to do is reverse the numbers to find out. Granted, they probably wouldn't have had the time, but you get what I'm saying?
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Yeah, of course I get it, I'm just saying that Daniel and Co. didn't explore all possibilites.
                  Rocky

Comment

Fair enough.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

first off, i LOVE this episode with all my heart! it is wicked, and i think it is possibly the best daniel episode imo, and one of best out of all of them!

But it got me wondering, after watching both this ep and point of view, that the earth would be screwed without daniel! i mean, if he hadnt gone through the mirror, then the earth would be destroyed, and in both au eps, he wasnt there, and it got destroyed and very nearly destroyed
                      it makes you realise just how important daniel is, and it makes me proud!
                      Teal'c: Chelnak!
                      Daniel: Direct translation: Very cool!

Teal'c: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Jack O'Neill: "Au revoir"... it's French for "ciao"

Daniel Jackson: Can we stop agreeing on how we're gonna die, and start doing something about it?

Comment

Originally posted by spacemonkey69
                        first off, i LOVE this episode with all my heart! it is wicked, and i think it is possibly the best daniel episode imo, and one of best out of all of them!

But it got me wondering, after watching both this ep and point of view, that the earth would be screwed without daniel! i mean, if he hadnt gone through the mirror, then the earth would be destroyed, and in both au eps, he wasnt there, and it got destroyed and very nearly destroyed
                        it makes you realise just how important daniel is, and it makes me proud!
                        Well in the Alternate Reality in this episode, without Daniel interfering, Sam would have survived, it is puzzling how willing they were to sacrifice their only chance at survival in order to let one guy from some "other reality" to survive, which made the end a little hard to believe. But it is still one of my favourite episodes.

Comment

What do you mean? "Modern sg1?" Im kinda confused.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Caught this ep again last night--and it reminded me why it's still one of my all time favorites. The acting, the story, everything is very cool. And it's especially neat to watch it during season eight cuz when I first saw it, I had a hard time seeing Jack as general of the base. Daniel's reactions to everything are just priceless. And everytime I watch this one, I always wonder why TPTB always make Sam's wig worse and worse whenever they need her to have long hair. This one's the only time it looks natural--you think it'd be the other way around.

And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Seeing this episode again last night reminded me why Stargate is one of my all time favorite shows. Daniel was great along with Jack. By the end I forgave Teal'c's terrible pony tail because hey its better then the cliche gouty (sp?). The only thing that slightly bothered me was how the AU characters gave up their last window of oppertunity to get the rest of the Genisis list off world to save Daniels world. Anyway I love all the AU episodes and wish they had done more in the earlier seasons.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

What rest of the Genesis list? Far as I know, when the dialing procedure was started, there were 3 Tau'ri left on the base that were still alive. Carter, Daniel and Katheryn. Carter got blown up by her own grenede (I think that Katheryn could figure that out) and there was little chance if any chance to save herself, so she gave the Stargate over to Daniel, who was the only one who could do anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X