• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There But For the Grace of God (119)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 119

An alien artifact transports Daniel to an alternate reality, where he is not a part of the Stargate program and the Goa'uld -- led by Teal'c -- are invading Earth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:48 PM.

This was such a good episode I can't believe theres no love for it here yet. Also I think it has one of the coolest episode names in the series.

Comment

"Proof" of alternate realities, a General O'Niell and a massive Goa'uld attack on Earth. What else could one really ask for? The differences and similarities in this alternate reality and the main one are interesting. Never going to Chulak leading to the eventual destruction of Earth. Nice happy ending...
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

A good episode. Definately in the top three of season one. It's also interesting having an episode where Jack, Sam, Daniel (alternate), Teal'c, and Hammond all die. They don't die enough...
        Games 'n Stuff

Comment

I'll agree that it was a great episode. I haven't seen it for ages so I can't really pick out any particular defining moments, but there were quite a few I know.
          sum ergo cogitum
          I am therefore I think.

Comment

This was the ep that made SG1 cross the line from decent quality scifi to 'the best around at the moment'
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
              This was the ep that made SG1 cross the line from decent quality scifi to 'the best around at the moment'
              This was also directed by David Kemper, who has done and continues to do (though obviously not as much) Farscape. He's an awesome director... I hope he does something more for Stargate somewhere down the line. I loved the episode.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I love this episode, it leads to one of my favoritestory arcs.
                It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Ooh! Ooh! I remember this episode! Me my older sister and younger brother watched this episode when we were vacationing in Newport Oregon I have to say it's not my most favorite episode. But it's worth a watch.

I only watched it a couple of times.

Is it only me but don't you agree that some of the episode titles (from Stargate SG-1) sound like they came from the all of the Star Trek series?
                  Jack: (describing Urgo) It's a machine!
                  Urgo: That hurts!

I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe, and I wanna eat pie.
                  Jack: Hey, who doesn't?

Urgo: They're gonna kill you! They're gonna open your heads with giant can openers and then they scoop me out with a big scoopy thing... (starts crying)

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Rider
                    Ooh! Ooh! I remember this episode! Me my older sister and younger brother watched this episode when we were vacationing in Newport Oregon I have to say it's not my most favorite episode. But it's worth a watch.

I only watched it a couple of times.

Is it only me but don't you agree that some of the episode titles (from Stargate SG-1) sound like they came from the all of the Star Trek series?

There's at least one thats the same: The Enemy Within.

Anyhoo This episode was very cool. Escpeacailly Teal'c's hair.

The moment when Teal'c blasts O'Neill was very poignant.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

One could say the same thing about episodes titles from nearly any series.. Alot of series have used titles for episodes that another series has used.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Definately a cool ep., well acted by MS.
                        sigpic

Comment

The alternate reality episodes are always cool.

Comment

At this point I was still not solid on my Stargate SG1 love. Sure it was a good season, and show, to this point, but nothing that remarkable (with the exception of Torment of Tantalus) but this episode came along and I was hooked. I am a big fan of Alternate realities and TBFTOG and its following episodes showed that SG1 could pull off an arc successfully.

Comment

Although I was hooked right away, this was one of the best eps in Season1.

1. The Nox
                              2. The Tortment Of Tantalus
                              3. Fire And Water
                              4. Within the Serpent's Grasp
                              5. Enigma
                              6. There but for the Grace of God.

Comment

Working...
                              X