Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: There But For the Grace of God (119)

Quote Originally Posted by _Anubis
    Jack as General
    Hehe! Who would have saw that coming eh?

I really liked this episode, on of my favourite early eps. Actually I like most of the Aternate universe episodes

this is the episode that is the start of modern sg1. really enjoyed this episode, lead the possibility for many story arcs but we only got two out of it.

liked seeing walter fight, and hammond die. good episode!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    It's a big department store, basically. It's got clothes, sports supplies, fabrics, just about everything you can think of. Except food. At least not in mine.
    Some have a small snack section, and more recently the Wal-Mart neighborhood markets have been introduced, and they have a sizeable produce section. Beware their meat department.

relaxing on a certain dock near a certain cabin...

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    I love the look on her face when the Captain Carter with the short hair and the field kit comes into view on the tape. You can just see both the possibilities of the alternate realities playing out, and the possibilities of what her life might have been like. It was very nicely played emotion on AT's part.

And the best wig that she's gotten in the entire show
    So true about the wig. Very natural & nothing like the rug they stuck on her head for Point of View. And she may not have been militarySam, but she knew how to kick butt. Liked the "Oh, yeah. I also wish to blow us all to hell" line as she pulled the pin out of the grenade.
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringStar
    And she may not have been militarySam, but she knew how to kick butt. Liked the "Oh, yeah. I also wish to blow us all to hell" line as she pulled the pin out of the grenade.
    I *loved* that as well! Maybe especially because I wasn't expecting it.

I really have one gripe with this episode: they used the numbers given in the recording to determine the origin of the attack. They assumed the aliens considered their PoO to be #1. You see, I consider the PoO to be #39. Do you guys? If that were the case, the address would have been completely different. They turned out to be right, but who's with me?

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: There But For the Grace of God (119)

Even if those aliens did go according to your theory (this is not a bashing), all they would have to do is reverse the numbers to find out. Granted, they probably wouldn't have had the time, but you get what I'm saying?
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Yeah, of course I get it, I'm just saying that Daniel and Co. didn't explore all possibilites.

Fair enough.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

first off, i LOVE this episode with all my heart! it is wicked, and i think it is possibly the best daniel episode imo, and one of best out of all of them!

But it got me wondering, after watching both this ep and point of view, that the earth would be screwed without daniel! i mean, if he hadnt gone through the mirror, then the earth would be destroyed, and in both au eps, he wasnt there, and it got destroyed and very nearly destroyed
    it makes you realise just how important daniel is, and it makes me proud!
    Teal'c: Chelnak!
    Daniel: Direct translation: Very cool!

Teal'c: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Jack O'Neill: "Au revoir"... it's French for "ciao"

Daniel Jackson: Can we stop agreeing on how we're gonna die, and start doing something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by spacemonkey69
    first off, i LOVE this episode with all my heart! it is wicked, and i think it is possibly the best daniel episode imo, and one of best out of all of them!

But it got me wondering, after watching both this ep and point of view, that the earth would be screwed without daniel! i mean, if he hadnt gone through the mirror, then the earth would be destroyed, and in both au eps, he wasnt there, and it got destroyed and very nearly destroyed
    it makes you realise just how important daniel is, and it makes me proud!
    Well in the Alternate Reality in this episode, without Daniel interfering, Sam would have survived, it is puzzling how willing they were to sacrifice their only chance at survival in order to let one guy from some "other reality" to survive, which made the end a little hard to believe. But it is still one of my favourite episodes.

What do you mean? "Modern sg1?" Im kinda confused.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

First Lieutenant Hex.FTB.enabled's Avatar

Caught this ep again last night--and it reminded me why it's still one of my all time favorites. The acting, the story, everything is very cool. And it's especially neat to watch it during season eight cuz when I first saw it, I had a hard time seeing Jack as general of the base. Daniel's reactions to everything are just priceless. And everytime I watch this one, I always wonder why TPTB always make Sam's wig worse and worse whenever they need her to have long hair. This one's the only time it looks natural--you think it'd be the other way around.

Seeing this episode again last night reminded me why Stargate is one of my all time favorite shows. Daniel was great along with Jack. By the end I forgave Teal'c's terrible pony tail because hey its better then the cliche gouty (sp?). The only thing that slightly bothered me was how the AU characters gave up their last window of oppertunity to get the rest of the Genisis list off world to save Daniels world. Anyway I love all the AU episodes and wish they had done more in the earlier seasons.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3967&dateline=1196580684
Your Current Signature Picture

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!

What rest of the Genesis list? Far as I know, when the dialing procedure was started, there were 3 Tau'ri left on the base that were still alive. Carter, Daniel and Katheryn. Carter got blown up by her own grenede (I think that Katheryn could figure that out) and there was little chance if any chance to save herself, so she gave the Stargate over to Daniel, who was the only one who could do anything.

But where had the Ganesis list people gone? Where they also fighting? You'd think they would of been waiting in the gate room or something. But I don't care I love this episode.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3967&dateline=1196580684
Your Current Signature Picture

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!

It just occured to me that if there was any genisis people left to go, why wouldn't they just take them all to the world Daniel was going to and then go to the beta site from there?
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

I think they had gotten all the Genisis people off except maybe Sam. The only other people left were probably fighting or dead by that time. I wonder who made that quantam mirror. If the Ancients made it there would be some clues on that planet: such as some of their writing and some technollogy that looked like theres. It seems to me like some one else would of made it.

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SmartFox
    I think they had gotten all the Genisis people off except maybe Sam. The only other people left were probably fighting or dead by that time. I wonder who made that quantam mirror. If the Ancients made it there would be some clues on that planet: such as some of their writing and some technollogy that looked like theres. It seems to me like some one else would of made it.
    The Ancients weren't even a twinkle in the writers eyes by this point, so it's hardly conclusive.

Chief Master Sergeant Im_just_guessing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky277
    It just occured to me that if there was any genisis people left to go, why wouldn't they just take them all to the world Daniel was going to and then go to the beta site from there?
    Thats what I always wondered, or, they could have all gone to the Beta site, and Daniel could have gone from there to the other Planet. Sheesh, they didnt really think that out too much.
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...AJ/sg_war1.gif

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast