Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: There But For the Grace of God (119)

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    What I didn't get is how Hammond would have still been in the service at his age as a colonel. But I could be wrong...
    Three theories:
    1. Hammond simply started up later than he did in our reality.
    2. Hammond was demoted for some reason.
    3. In this universe, Hammond resigned due to the fact that his kid shot himslef with Hammond's gun, and was persuaded to join up again by General O'Neill.

I used to be in the military my self, some people just dont advance in rank that much. There used to be this one guy on my ship, He was a Petty Officer third class. He most have been in his sixties. I had friends as young a 20 that made that rank. It all depends on the field your in and how many times you get in trouble. Hammoned in that reality might have had a number of problems, but well never know I guess

Chief Master Sergeant

Re: There But For the Grace of God (119)

Quote Originally Posted by rocket4477
    Three theories:
    1. Hammond simply started up later than he did in our reality.
    2. Hammond was demoted for some reason.
    3. In this universe, Hammond resigned due to the fact that his kid shot himslef with Hammond's gun, and was persuaded to join up again by General O'Neill.
    Perhaps the fact that SG-1 never visited Lt. Hammond in 1969 in the alt. reality somehow effected the course of his career and prevented him from attaining the coveted role of general. Carter does tell Hammond in 1969 that he will be general in charge of Cheyenne Mountain someday. Perhaps that somehow moticated him to attain the higher rank (although that scenario has its own casuality problems that would have to be resolved).
    END OF LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dick
    Perhaps the fact that SG-1 never visited Lt. Hammond in 1969 in the alt. reality somehow effected the course of his career and prevented him from attaining the coveted role of general. Carter does tell Hammond in 1969 that he will be general in charge of Cheyenne Mountain someday. Perhaps that somehow moticated him to attain the higher rank (although that scenario has its own casuality problems that would have to be resolved).

that would have ment if they didnt go back there present never would have happend. If he wasnt a genral before the time trek then why would amanda say he is. to werid to think about, I would say its an "alternate realty", things will be diff.

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

I have to say that I loved this episode.

I'm new to Stargate, but I made sure that I got a loan of it!

Here's what I loved

Jack - A bit more military, a bit less dumb. I don't like the dumbman routine
    Sam - It was nice to see what she'd be like away from the military, and also made us realise that we'd rather have AF Sam any day!
    Teal'c - it showed us what Teal'c would have been like if it wasn't for SG1 giving him the courage to change
    Daniel - He was a fish out of water and he'sso sweet when he;s a little bit confused!

I also liked the Jack/Sam hug (I'm a shipper!), and I also thought it was funy to see Hammond taking orders from Jack.

Oh! Catherine was there!!!!!!!!!

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: There But For the Grace of God (119)

Another good episode on their part. This is technically, the beginning of Sg-1's first four-part episodes (this one, Polotics, Serpent's lair and Within the Serpent's Grasp)

Michael Shanks gave a five-star performance, seeing things they way they are in his reality, and yet, everything's so different.

Christopher Judge was excellent as Teal'c's "evil twin". I must say, though. He did not look good with that ridiculous pony-tail at all!

RDA was actually a General this time around. I must say it was a little strange seeing him give orders to Hammond.

And as for Amanda Tapping, she looks good with long hair with the bangs (the Carter in "Point of View" did not look very good). Though it is still unnatural for her not to be the Captain we know and love.

Anyway, great episode that shows what would happen if the Goa'uld came and attacked.

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    Christopher Judge was excellent as Teal'c's "evil twin". I must say, though. He did not look good with that ridiculous pony-tail at all!
    Probably Apophis' idea. He's after all, the fashion plate of the Goa'uld.

You mean fashion slayer of the Goa'uld.

Ok, so his outfits weren't too bad, but those hats just had to go! He did not look good in any of them. The serpent's head was too big for his frame. That hat with the cups on either side was really funny to look at. And that metal cap made him look old with that make-up.

Who agrees? Anyone?
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Exclamation Re: There But For the Grace of God (119)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdeyeblind105
    The village couldn't have been more than a few miles away from the gate, which is well within the range of even the weakest of nukes.
    Plus you have to remember that wasn't the nuke naquida enhanced? And even not there's still the radioactive fallout from any detenation of a nuclear device.
    Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
    www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
    2 Cor 4:7

Question Re: There But For the Grace of God (119)

Has anyone figured out what SGA stands for? I've been trying to come up with something but got nuthin'. Can't find anything on any of the sites either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcat
    Has anyone figured out what SGA stands for? I've been trying to come up with something but got nuthin'. Can't find anything on any of the sites either.
    My guess is "Stargate Administration" or "Stargate Authority."

I'm leaning towards Stargate Administration.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

One site uses "Stargate Association" but as far as I know its never said what the letters stand for.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    You mean fashion slayer of the Goa'uld.

Ok, so his outfits weren't too bad, but those hats just had to go! He did not look good in any of them. The serpent's head was too big for his frame. That hat with the cups on either side was really funny to look at. And that metal cap made him look old with that make-up.

Who agrees? Anyone?
    I do. The hat from the dungeon scene in COTG--he looked like Mickey Mouse on acid. Not a good thing.

Of course, his fashion sense (or lack thereof) is what makes him so wonderfully ridiculous. He'd be a lot more fun to laugh at if he wasn't always trying to kill people.
    Last edited by zats; October 4th, 2004 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Too much coffee makes me weirder than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    My guess is "Stargate Administration" or "Stargate Authority."
    Or "Stargate Association"--which sounds like a corporation, like Wal-Mart or something.

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    Or "Stargate Association"--which sounds like a corporation, like Wal-Mart or something.
    Yeah, but I dismissed that because it doesn't sound like something that someone would name a military project.

Yes, at the moment I'm leaning toward "Stargate Administration".

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    I'm really curious I'm not from America so what is Wal-Mart eactualy?Is it a big supermarkt or so??
    Lord Zedd

Reaaly good episode !! Jack as General
    Lord Zedd

Quote Originally Posted by _Anubis
    I'm really curious I'm not from America so what is Wal-Mart eactualy?Is it a big supermarkt or so??
    It's a big department store, basically. It's got clothes, sports supplies, fabrics, just about everything you can think of. Except food. At least not in mine.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast