varro got the best deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Proof? If true that is sad to put off a character based on physical appearence.
    It had nothing to do with appearance but everything to do with what that character was intended to accomplish. If she was a 32AA , homely, and wasn't in that broom closet with Chauchy we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      It had nothing to do with appearance but everything to do with what that character was intended to accomplish. If she was a 32AA , homely, and wasn't in that broom closet with Chauchy we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.
      I'm still not seeing proof
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

What proof would you accept? Would female fans comprising only 25% (from the 40 -45% level under SG1 and A) of SGU fans be enough?

Comment

Unfortunately the "decision" to have a loose girl with big boobs cost them an enormous amount of women viewers (Briangate had the numbers a while back). Her character was completely unnecessary and hurt the show
          Well thats showing peoples insecurities They have an attractive woman on the show and because of one scene in the 1st episode she's "loose"? Wow some people take TV WAY too seriously. Compared to most of the crap that festers on TV that was nothing.

oh, also, it's OK to have characters in Star Trek dressed in skin tight unforms (or even some of the women in SG-1, some of those outfits were revealing), but SGU puts a woman in regular military clothing and because she's attractive, "equipped" and has ONE "hot" scene, she's useless and ruins the show. Please............

Comment

Originally posted by revo1059 View Post
            Well thats showing peoples insecurities They have an attractive woman on the show and because of one scene in the 1st episode she's "loose"? Wow some people take TV WAY too seriously. Compared to most of the crap that festers on TV that was nothing.

oh, also, it's OK to have characters in Star Trek dressed in skin tight unforms (or even some of the women in SG-1, some of those outfits were revealing), but SGU puts a woman in regular military clothing and because she's attractive, "equipped" and has ONE "hot" scene, she's useless and ruins the show. Please............
            Think what you want. All I know is that this was one of many things that tanked the show.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              To be fair, certain fans couldn't see past her breasts because they're juvenile, not because there's nothing there. It was bizarre to watch the the people bleating about objectification being the only people actually objectifying her.
              Bit hard not to objectify her when the first time she appears on SGU, she's nailing Scott in a broom closet. Then Eli starts perving on her with a Kino in a later episode. I'm glad SGU has a capable female soldier even if it's just a recurring character, but they could have treated her better from the beginning instead of obviously trying to use her to appeal to the 18-35 male demographic.

It did hurt her, but at the same time it also hurt Scott who pretty much ignored her and decided to move onto a new conquest.

It also hurt SG1, when Vala showed up and wouldn't shut up about sexual matters. It was hard to take her serious when she kept going on about sex.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                Bit hard not to objectify her when the first time she appears on SGU, she's nailing Scott in a broom closet. Then Eli starts perving on her with a Kino in a later episode. I'm glad SGU has a capable female soldier even if it's just a recurring character, but they could have treated her better from the beginning instead of obviously trying to use her to appeal to the 18-35 male demographic.

It did hurt her, but at the same time it also hurt Scott who pretty much ignored her and decided to move onto a new conquest.

It also hurt SG1, when Vala showed up and wouldn't shut up about sexual matters. It was hard to take her serious when she kept going on about sex.
                you're wasting your time with the "Joanie Loves Chachi" crowd.

Comment

MorrisMike speaks the truth, Ive seen BrianGate post the network numbers and explain things about the show. Let me put it bluntly - they ran a min by min ratings report and every time the scene cut to big boobs the episode lost viewers. I think couple of other people here posted similar explanations.
                  sigpic
                  LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
                    MorrisMike speaks the truth, Ive seen BrianGate post the network numbers and explain things about the show. Let me put it bluntly - they ran a min by min ratings report and every time the scene cut to big boobs the episode lost viewers. I think couple of other people here posted similar explanations.
                    If that is true then you should have no problem producing proof
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

All I'm seeing is blah blah blah etc...

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        Unfortunately the "decision" to have a loose girl with big boobs cost them an enormous amount of women viewers (Briangate had the numbers a while back). Her character was completely unnecessary and hurt the show.
                        Loose? We've seen her have sex with one person thus far, and maintained interest in him and no one else for the better part of a year. This isn't the 1950's!

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        Bit hard not to objectify her when the first time she appears on SGU, she's nailing Scott in a broom closet.
                        I don't see what one has to do with the other, least of all considering the fact that that's the first we saw of Scott too. They did do her a disservice in making all of her storylines early on about her love interest though, but that's not really the same as objectifying her.

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
                        Unfortunately BrianGate's 'inside info' is about as reliable as London buses.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                          I don't know mate, Barnes has a big female football player thing going on that is pretty hard to resist.
                          thanks to that ep, I found out that it was a "she" :|

Comment

Working...
                          X