Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
    They do. It's called TSE(the sanctuary experience) and it is in the planning stage along with AT6.
    Annie Does MAJOR HAPPY DANCE!!1!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
      Krisz, MAJOR CONGRATS on passing!!!

Well now that Louis Ferriera is now doing his very first convention (he will be at Dragon Con in September), maybe he will now come to Creation. And bring Robert Carlyle with him. Fingers crossed!!!
      Thank you!

Great news about Louis F attending his first con! This I hope goes well so he enjoys himself and will do more as a result. I really hope he will come to Vancouver's!!! I don't think Robert Carlyle will do one though, but then you never know, it was thought that RDA would never do one. He did the Avalon one as his first in 2006 and has done about four or five since!

Comment

I know. Nearly fell off my chair when my friend Linda let me know Louis was going there. That also have David Blue on the guest list as well. So would be a fun panel.

As for Robert. Hard to say. But if RDA can do conventions and enjoy them. Who knows!!!
        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
        CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
        GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
        VCON VANCOUVER 2010
        FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
          They do. It's called TSE(the sanctuary experience) and it is in the planning stage along with AT6.
          Where did you hear/read this? I thought I read gabit was currently concentrating on AT6 and have no TSE2 plans atm?
          sigpic

Comment

Well, on the schedule we got last weekend in Chicago it says: "Our last trip through the gate in Vancouver: Don't miss it". And this was confirmed by some people as well.

I will miss Vancouver. It is a special convention, even without the set tour. Of course, part of it was because it was a 4-days-con. It was interesting meeting actors on Thursday you normally wouldn't see at a con.

So, even with only 3 days, I hope I'll be able to come for the last time.
            sigpic

Comment

Doesn't surprise me in the least....sad times, but inevitable imho...*pulls sad face because she can't get the smiley to work*....

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                Doesn't surprise me in the least....sad times, but inevitable imho...*pulls sad face because she can't get the smiley to work*....

Deeds xx
                I just didn't expect it to happen soooo soon. This year LA is the last one as well.

But apparently they'll still continue with the Chicago con.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                  I just didn't expect it to happen soooo soon. This year LA is the last one as well.

But apparently they'll still continue with the Chicago con.

For as long as the numbers hold out and it still pays to do so I'd hazard a guess....

Deeds xx
                  sigpic

Comment

I can understand ending the Vancouver con - no set tours and the issues of doing business in another country - come to mind first, but it does feel like the end of an era.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                      For as long as the numbers hold out and it still pays to do so I'd hazard a guess....

Deeds xx
                      They had a surprising number of first time con goers in Chicago this year. That's a good sign maybe it will continue for at least a few years more. I think it would be cool if they made it into a big event, like they do with Star Trek Vegas every year.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                        They had a surprising number of first time con goers in Chicago this year. That's a good sign maybe it will continue for at least a few years more. I think it would be cool if they made it into a big event, like they do with Star Trek Vegas every year.
                        I'm not fond of big events. The more people are there, the more rushed things will be. And smaller events seem to be more relaxed - even most of the actors seem to have much fun there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                          I'm not fond of big events. The more people are there, the more rushed things will be. And smaller events seem to be more relaxed - even most of the actors seem to have much fun there.
                          This is true. I was just thinking, a bigger event means (hopefully) a bigger budget for booking the big guests...or, at least Joe.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                            This is true. I was just thinking, a bigger event means (hopefully) a bigger budget for booking the big guests...or, at least Joe.
                            I think a bigger con is a bit of a double-edged sword. Yes, there is a bigger budget for more (and more expensive) guests, but at a certain point you begin to lose the up close and personal experience (plus I'm not sure I want to think about auto and photo op lines). However, after a certain point you get to something like Dragon Con or Phoenix Comic Con which are really reasonably priced and you pay for what you want.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sad news about this being the last con in Vancouver, but not unexpected. It is indeed an end of an era.

It will be so odd not meeting up with fellow fans for the annual Stargate gathering. Looks like I won't be able to go to cons for a while then, if Stargate ones still exist by the time I can afford it.

Here's hoping the Chicago one continues for a while longer.

I was looking at my photos from the last four years of Stargate cons in Vancouver the other day.

Wonderful memories of the guest panels and fellow fan location tours, AG's wonderful Fan Parties, GW dinners, great gatherings with happy faces. The days when they had the props from the show displayed at the con. And of course the great photos of standing by the SG-1 gate and wandering around Atlantis, sitting in puddle jumpers. And seeing a bit of SGU at least with the Icarus base and sitting in the USS Hammond's Captain's chair. Still gutted that I never got to see the Destiny set though.

I've got a load of good memories, I hope this last wander through Vancouver's gate will give me some more great ones to add to the others, especially if Louis Ferriera turns up as a guest, that would be wonderful for me as this possibly being the last Stargate con I will attend!

Comment

I have very happy memories of 2006, 07, 08 and 09 - Good friends, great guests, and very good value for money.....2010 and 11 were less steller and "involved" for me......I won't be planning to come in 12 - air fares are too expensive so it's UK and Europe travel for us .....and it's Olympic year - we have tickets for one event!!.....

2013 might be our West Coast year again - another Road Trip....who knows?..I still want to do that drive from Vancouver all the way down to Newport Beach........but I know we'll be back to Vancouver at least one more time, just not for Convention stuff....

Deeds xx
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X