problem in the epsiode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Maybe they weren't like rabbits...once there was a good population and genetic diversity...things slowed down.
    Agreed. Once you reach the point where you no longer need to reproduce for survival, things most likely slowed down and the more "traditional" family started showing up.
    sigpic
    ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I think it was a bit unfortunate they didn't implement some mass breeding policy. From a communitarian perspective there is no good excuse for first generation fertile females like Wray not reproducing. She should really have taken one for the team.

Again from a communitarian perspective it's very unsetteling to see such discrepancies in reproduction rates, I mean who did the offspring of Greer and Park end up having sex with exactly??
      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

My guesses is pollution was dictating the human population growth. In fact, it also given similar effect to animals population growth too.

Probably, the same thing happened at Novus.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
          I think it was a bit unfortunate they didn't implement some mass breeding policy. From a communitarian perspective there is no good excuse for first generation fertile females like Wray not reproducing. She should really have taken one for the team.

Again from a communitarian perspective it's very unsetteling to see such discrepancies in reproduction rates, I mean who did the offspring of Greer and Park end up having sex with exactly??
          There was a lot of people with Asian features in Common Descent. I know Eli and Barnes (does anyone know who this is??) had some kids, but I'm more than sure that Wray "did her duty" for the sake of the colony. She did say that she already has a soul mate (on Earth), so we know she's not too interested in hooking up with anyone else, but that doesn't mean she didn't pop out a few for the sake of the colony.
          sigpic
          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
            There was a lot of people with Asian features in Common Descent. I know Eli and Barnes (does anyone know who this is??) had some kids, but I'm more than sure that Wray "did her duty" for the sake of the colony. She did say that she already has a soul mate (on Earth), so we know she's not too interested in hooking up with anyone else, but that doesn't mean she didn't pop out a few for the sake of the colony.
            Park is asian. Wray, to the best of our collective knowledge, did not have any kids. Especially since they didn't show her giving birth as they did with all of the other important cast members. Cuold also attribute to why she outlasted all of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
              I know Eli and Barnes (does anyone know who this is??) had some kids, but I'm more than sure that Wray "did her duty" for the sake of the colony.
              Are you asking who's Barnes? I believe she was first seen in "Pain", and this season at least one time working with the stones.
              sigpic

Comment

Go back 30 generations and you will find you have more ancestors than people that where alive at the time.

We are the product of ALOT of Incest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                  Go back 30 generations and you will find you have more ancestors than people that where alive at the time.

We are the product of ALOT of Incest.
                  I would argue your point, but seeing as my great grandparents immigrated from Wales, I'd have to agree. That is one eff'ed up language they have that could ONLY come from inbreeding!

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Comment

remember their has to be a large enough population to prevent incest and genetic degradation ussually close to 500 for that many generations and last time i checked they're wasnt even close to that on destiny alone so yes everyone of those people on novus could actually call each other cousin
                    sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

I have two names for the OP (if one chooses to believe such superstitions):

Adam and Eve

We went from 2 people, to a population of BILLIONS.

Surely 70-80 people can achieve a few hundred MILLION?

Comment

Originally posted by darkthunder84 View Post

Adam and Eve

Ahhh...pullin' the bible in...
                        sigpic

Comment

lol im agnostic i believe in a god and science the universe and knowledge im not a christain but at the same time incest is still wrong for those christians reading i know ur in shock seeing a non christian being moral lol jk
                          sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

darkthunder84,

Originally posted by darkthunder84 View Post

Adam and Eve

Metaphore dude. Metaphore. The creation stories in Gensis are not to be taken as fact.
                            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                              darkthunder84,

Metaphore dude. Metaphore. The creation stories in Gensis are not to be taken as fact.
                              good luck with that one - i do in fact have a friend who believes it literally. same with moses living what... 400 years? on which note - if you follow the superstition involved as fact, it could explain why we're so short-lived today. lots and lots of incest, shortening our lives. we're just at the point where it's either shorter lives or genetic mutations, and mutations win out for some reason
                              Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Keeper,

I'm a Christian but I am most definately not a young Earth Creationist evangelical. They make my brain hurt.
                                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X