Stargate rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate rewatch

I think it's about time that I went back and rewatched all of Stargate again.
    There are "better" versions of a few of the episodes, though, so I want to make sure I watch those, instead of the normal ones.
    So far, I know Children of the Gods has the Final Cut DVD and Vegas and Enemy at the Gate have extended versions on the season 5 DVD's.
    For the rest, I'll just stream from Netflix, because I don't feel like switching out discs every few episodes.
    This rewatch should lead right up to the last 2 episodes of SGU.

Two questions:
    Are there any other extended episodes?
    What kind of stuff is added to the extended episodes?

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
    I think it's about time that I went back and rewatched all of Stargate again.
    There are "better" versions of a few of the episodes, though, so I want to make sure I watch those, instead of the normal ones.
    So far, I know Children of the Gods has the Final Cut DVD and Vegas and Enemy at the Gate have extended versions on the season 5 DVD's.
    For the rest, I'll just stream from Netflix, because I don't feel like switching out discs every few episodes.
    This rewatch should lead right up to the last 2 episodes of SGU.

Two questions:
    Are there any other extended episodes?
    What kind of stuff is added to the extended episodes?
    the dvds have an extended version of Air

Comment

I feel like there's an extended version of Rising. Is there one out there, or am I crazy?

Comment

I feel like there's an extended version of Rising. Is there one out there, or am I crazy?
        no, your crazy

Comment

Alright, so here's what I've got:
          • Children of the Gods: Final Cut
          • Vegas
          • Enemy at the Gate
          • Air

Did I miss anything?

Comment

I didn't realise Vegas and EatG were extended? Anyway, Threads is too. They did broadcast the full version when it premièred, but in syndication I'm pretty sure they only air the 42 minute version.

Comment

I see that that episode was originally released in the shortened form on the DVD's, but was put in the slim release. I have the full series box set, which version does that one have?

Comment

I'd skip the George Lucas'd version of COTG and watch the original, myself. They did a lot of things right with it, but in their inexplicable efforts to make it more standalone (vis a vis the Kawalsky thing), they made it make no sense in context of the series.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

kino webisodes that kind of suppliment SGU. And a few deleted scenes like O'Neill telling Rush to get those people home on the first stone connection. Missing from the actually aired version.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                    And a few deleted scenes like O'Neill telling Rush to get those people home on the first stone connection. Missing from the actually aired version.
                    Yeah that's part of the extended version of Air that's on the DVD/BD set.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I'd skip the George Lucas'd version of COTG and watch the original, myself. They did a lot of things right with it, but in their inexplicable efforts to make it more standalone (vis a vis the Kawalsky thing), they made it make no sense in context of the series.
                      I don't see any problem with it. I like every single change they made to it and not showing that Kowalsky got snaked isn't a big deal, because they still reveal it in the next episode anyways.

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                      kino webisodes that kind of suppliment SGU. And a few deleted scenes like O'Neill telling Rush to get those people home on the first stone connection. Missing from the actually aired version.
                      Good idea with the Kino thing.

Comment

I see that that episode was originally released in the shortened form on the DVD's, but was put in the slim release. I have the full series box set, which version does that one have?
                        So i have to get the slimpack S8 to see the extended version. DAMN!

Comment

I couldn't find anything about whether the Complete Series Collection comes with it or not. I'll check mine later.

Comment

wait hold up. did you just say you are going to re watch every stargate episode that exists before the next two episodes of SGU air???? O_O 0_0 O_O

Comment

Originally posted by I am Goa'uld View Post
                              wait hold up. did you just say you are going to re watch every stargate episode that exists before the next two episodes of SGU air???? O_O 0_0 O_O
                              I noticed that too, but I wasn't going to discourage him/her

Comment

Working...
                              X