Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can they use communication stones to contact Novus ships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can they use communication stones to contact Novus ships?

didnt novus have them com stones? i think they carried it with them when they went back in time right? so chances are its still with them so why not try the stones? unless they are in some kinda stasis.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
    didnt novus have them com stones? i think they carried it with them when they went back in time right? so chances are its still with them so why not try the stones? unless they are in some kinda stasis.
    No. The stones were on Destiny with Rush
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
      That's a good question, but I think the Novus people didn't have the com stones - Alt!Rush uses them after everyone goes through the gate (in "Twin Destinies") to see if anyone makes it through, so the stones seem to have been left on the Destiny (that was later destroyed).
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

oh so they had the stones on destiny?? what shame. wouldve been cool if novus was able to understand that tech more than us.
        sigpic

Comment

The only thing that the crew took with them through the gate was the clothes on their backs; any objects become projectiles in a nine chevron wormhole. It later became apparent that several people smuggled Kino's and remotes with them, but since they thought they were going back to Earth, there would have been no reason to take communication stones with them.

Also, even if they had taken a stone or two (along with the device to use them), the crew on-board the exodus ships from Novus are likely in some form of suspended animation to survive the two hundred year journey.

If the show had continued I think it is likely that Destiny would have encountered one of these ships eventually.

Comment

Good point on the Sus animation. Plus even if they DID take a few stones.. What of the base needed for its use?

Comment

Working...
            X