Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2e18 Epilogue is my personal "official" SGU finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
    you just described SGU in a nutshell.
    I did? I didn't really get the feeling that Common Descent and Epilogue could have been dropped immediately after Air. On the other hand "We're all dead and in a magical church" could have been just as well 5 minutes into Lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
      I completely understand what you mean, but I think you will be missing out on two fantastic episodes from what I have heard. I will definitely be watching "Blockade" and "Gauntlet".

I loved how "Epilogue" gave us closure in regards to the characters; we can imagine that if the show had gone on, the characters would have likely chosen similar paths and ended up in similar places emotionally and mentally as we see in the alternate Destiny crew. I thought that was a fantastic stroke of luck, given the show's untimely cancellation.

Now I just hope that the series does not end with a full-on cliffhanger like "Incursion" or "Resurgence" did. I'll be fine with ambiguous - hell, I'll be happy with VERY ambiguous, just as long as it doesn't end with people about to die or right in the middle of a storyline. I have made my peace with the huge story arcs that will never be resolved; I can imagine where they could have gone.

That will let me remember the show probably even more than if it had gone on for five years, and certainly with more affection.
      I dont think he will be missing out on something special in the last two episodes, in fact i think that the last two will be like all the rest, buildup in one just to kill it off or not even mention it in the next one.

And honestly why would the way the other set of characters ended up be a sign on how the Destiny characters would end up? the characters on "new" had no way of getting home, no hope and had to figure out how to live and grow on the world so it would be a totaly different situation then Destiny where the cast have hope, have families on earth and loved ones there.

But i agree with you on the cliffhanger but i wouldn´t count on it since SGU didn´t know they would be cancelled and i think Wright was so sure they wouldn´t that he would make a enormus cliffhanager.

Comment

While this was a great episode, the only problem I see with considering this as a finale is that it didn't wrap up the stories of "our" Destiny.

However, considering this was one of the best episodes of SGU (strong case for top episode) I would be glad if it was the series finale.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          While this was a great episode, the only problem I see with considering this as a finale is that it didn't wrap up the stories of "our" Destiny.
          Moebius didn't really wrap up the stories of "our" SG-1 either, but they were hesitating to let that be it.

Unending didn't either, but it gets a pass for having the movies lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
            Moebius didn't really wrap up the stories of "our" SG-1 either, but they were hesitating to let that be it.

Unending didn't either, but it gets a pass for having the movies lined up.
            It did have shades of Moebius I agree, but I thought Common Descent and Epilogue were much better done.

Unending was good. I think its really hard to have a "great" series finale because people look for different things in it. That's why we get episodes like Threads in SG-1 that aren't meant to be finales but actually do a better job wrapping up a lot of story lines.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X