No announcement yet.

Exponential increase in minutia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps they had the view of the Destiny crew. i.e. Time Capsule. We're all going to die. We'll never make it home. For posterities sake...

Seems to me that the gate could recharge kino's for a duration. Now downloading the contents and storing them long term, it doesn't seem to me that they'd be capable of that for the first decade plus IMO. But who knows, maybe the remote(s) are really fricking big HDDs. And/or the gate(s). Plus that whole iMovie laptop thing.

A bunch of scientists and all, a wet paper towel and a penny can generate a charge. Enough of them and you've got a reasonable power source. Same with potatoes and copper wiring... and such things. Just like a little 3" x 3" solar panel isn't going to power your car, a grid of 100 x 100 of those 3" x 3" panels could.... (in theory).

Comment

Hows about, "Just in-case we have gone back in time, ad Eli's insistence on documenting EVERYTHING, even on Destiny, lets record everything we do and leave it for our selves to read about in the future, or just for the hell of it"

Besides, i believe i am correct in thinking a simple voltaic battery could have helped with power, i believe it was used in Andromeda by using Alkaline soil and heated metal plates?

N.C

Comment

They made several in that 80s show, Gilligans Island with seawater and coconuts..

Comment

I would not surprise if Eli able to charge the Kino power from the Stargate circuit, since he was made a subspace Morse code transmitter from a broken stargate circuit on the last episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
            Well they had to record other things, scientific logs, exploration notes, experiment data, theories.

Just leave out the political minutes and Eli could have streamed the archives in the space of the episode

N.C
            Agreed! But that would be too easy
            Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
            Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
            Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
            Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
              I would not surprise if Eli able to charge the Kino power from the Stargate circuit, since he was made a subspace Morse code transmitter from a broken stargate circuit on the last episode.
              No, he turned the subspace beacon indicating working gate or buggered gate on and off whilst Scott gave him the morse code message to send.

N.C

Comment

It's more likely that he showed Scott how to turn it on and off and Scott sent the message. Although Eli does seem to have a natural tallent for linguistic type stuff, so he might have already known morse code.

Comment

as far as i remember:

dot dot dot / dash dash dash / dot dot dot
                  SOS

morse code - really not that hard, for the simplest message there is

and if i've got the dashes and dots the wrong way - well tbh, they're military men and scientists aboard that ship. if they can't figure it out, i'm not sure i want to hang around with them any more anyway
                  Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Pity they never showed teh whole message.. Would have been great to see how close to real morse code they were.

Comment

The message would not be SOS. It would be "the drones are gone, pick us up".

Comment

Working...
                      X