The Novus space ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    LOL...since I build my own PCs...I guess I should raise my hand for both of them!
    hehe i can build a computer myself (been a few years, prebuilt is more convenient on my current budgets) - but i don't have a clue what those shiny lines on the circuit board do, exactly

most people can be shown how to screw in the mobo, put the extras onto it, and turn it on - not so many can can make a PCB, or put components onto it to make the mobo itself work - and even if we could, i'd hate to think what it would look like afterwords, probably burn up the first time i put power through it
    Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Gala View Post
      Don't even need to keep them running?? It's space they are probably just floating through the void.. unless they kept 200 years worth of fuel on board.
      Yup. Place everyone in stasis, use X amt of fuel to push you in the direction, then coast the rest..

+ could also explain the lack of an FTL drive/hyperdrive (which the ancestors knew how to build)
      Exactly how would they? We don;t have knowledge of how to build FTL drives and as for hyperdrives, practically all those in the know were on earth!

perhaps a better example is this:

how many people can put together a motherboard for a computer?

how many people can put a motherboard inside a computer?

the latter will have a lot more people who can at least learn to be competent at it - while the former is a little more complicated than plug and play
      A better example would be how many can build a car from scratch, engine/transmission as well. Compared to how many can repair one?

Comment

How about this for an angle...

If Destiny couldn't plot the probable course and calculate the location of a couple ships with a known start time and clear maximum speed moving from a known location to another (not a straight line by the way), then it would have long since been destroyed by running itself into a black hole or supernova or something.

Comment

Working...
        X