Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is more advanced a 304 or Destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is more advanced a 304 or Destiny?

Okay, now I'm not thinking in terms of the repairing robots and such. But things like speed, combat ability, shields, life support. (For only SGU fans 304s are the type of ship, "George Hammond" is. The one in the pilot above the planet.)

Each have a FTL drive, Destiny has 16? FTL drives 304s have 1 interstellar hyper drive.
    Both have 1 main beam weapon, several secondary less powerful weapons.
    Both have shields
    Both have life support that needs to be maintained, the amount of people on board each also affects the amount of time overall life support will last.
    304s have 16 F302s and Destiny has 2 shuttles.
    Any other similarities I can't think of.

Destiny
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

A 304 has certain technologies that are more advanced than Destiny. however Destiny is more advanced globally. from shower technology to water reprocessing.

weapons-wise, no clue. i think the APBWs, given their function, will cut clean through Destiny's shields.

however, given the nature of our ships, if Destiny brings it's main cannon against the 304, the 304 will deteriorate VERY fast

Comment

Destinies firing arcs are very limited , you can't expect them to hit a 304 with that .
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Well the Daedalus class ships are 300 meters long, Destiny is like 1000. The sensors in the destiny are much more advanced, if the power system was working properly it would be equal to a ZPM so I’m going to jump on the Destiny is better band-wagon.
          sigpic

Comment

Plus we don't know how long a NON ZPM enhanced 304 would last in the sun!

Comment

Originally posted by Crias View Post
              Well the Daedalus class ships are 300 meters long, Destiny is like 1000. The sensors in the destiny are much more advanced, if the power system was working properly it would be equal to a ZPM so I’m going to jump on the Destiny is better band-wagon.
              The power (at least short term) would be well beyond a zpm. I'd rather have a new destiny than a regular 304 or aroura for that matter.

Comment

Destiny hands down! When I first saw the ships ability to 'sun surf' ! Solar powered, quite literally!
                sigpic
                LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Well we have seen the Daedalus fairly close to the sun (Daedalus Variations) but it didn’t last very long at all with shields and a subspace tap. Destiny actually flew into the heart of a star and out the other side.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crias View Post
                    Although we know it takes Destiny one month to go between two galaxies. It only takes Daedalus 18 days. You're right it could be because it isn't at full power.

Comment

Technically Destiny is down to 15 FTL modules after 'Sabotage'

N.C

Comment

Well powered by a ZPM a 304 can fly between galaxies in 4 days. but if what some of you say is true and Destinys power system could rival ZPM power than if the engines were working properly and the power system was at 100% instead of 40% (or was it 60%?) then I assume it would only take weeks same as a 304. But that’s speculation I know, it’s just my opinion.
                        sigpic

Comment

Plus the hyperdrive tech is faster generally than the destinies FTL.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Plus the hyperdrive tech is faster generally than the destinies FTL.
                            Has that actually been proven?

Also I thought Destiny traversed the void in 10 days... Not sure where I heard that, at any rate, if in it's present condition I think Destiny is superior to the 304. I would wager if we were to pit a brand new Destiny vs. a 304, the main
                            weapon would vaporize it rather quickly.

Comment

It might.. Do we even know how "weakened" the main gun is with all the power drop-ages?

Comment

Working...
                              X