Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is more advanced a 304 or Destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webxro View Post
    The hole equations and stuff that rush was writing and the math needed for the FTL .
    Math would be needed for FTL travel outside of hyperspace because in normal space the ship is subject to gravitational force of the celestial bodies. It would require constant thrust vectoring from the engines to not run into something. Imagine trying to calculate the moon landing except on a much larger scale. Could require a TON of math. Dr. Rush is a mad scientist and his personal random calculations have a purpose known only to him, and maybe Eli.
    Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

The idea is that it's much better on a 304 , you just set a course and jump , no trajectory no nothing , so 304 is better in this area .
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

The idea is that it's much better on a 304 , you just set a course and jump , no trajectory no nothing , so 304 is better in this area .
        That's right. From a practical standpoint that's the better method of traveling FTL. Which is why I think that the Destiny has a reason for not using hyperspace technology. It could be that way because Destiny can't record the um...crap that Rush found (cant remember what he called it) from hyperspace. Not sure if Rush mentioned that theory?
        Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

Ding, ding ,ding and a flashing light , we can't definitely tell what ship is better because they have different purposes it's like comparing a WWII fighter with a bomber , both do their jobs but have different tasks .
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

Comment

Ding, ding ,ding and a flashing light , we can't definitely tell what ship is better because they have different purposes it's like comparing a WWII fighter with a bomber , both do their jobs but have different tasks .
            Obviously but did you notice if my theory on the FTL was mentioned on the show? I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Onealwasoverrated View Post
              Obviously but did you notice if my theory on the FTL was mentioned on the show? I can't remember.
              They said very little things about FTL in the show
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

They said very little things about FTL in the show
                I know right Omg Chloe is so much more interesting!

Comment

Destiny would PWN a 304 .

Comment

I think that that a 304 has more raw power than Destiny has at this point, but no where near the durability to last thousands of years flying across the universe like Destiny has. The programming of Destiny's AI alone puts the 304's in a huge disadvantage when it comes to complexity. If the Destiny was in a fully repaired state I would think it could give a 304 a run for it's money, but still be blasted into bits by a beam weapon. Destiny just wasn't meant for winning battles, it's weapons are more defensive than straight out attack.

Comment

Working...
                    X