Favorite Quotes/Scenes/Moments/Diary entries from "Epilogue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Nothing beats to me Park calling her child Dale.
    That had me crying buckets, sentimental fool that I am.

So much heart-rending stuff in this ep, tempered by such exquisite humour. I'm not usually a huge fan of Binder's stuff (the ship gets too much) but this was so well done. Alternate versions of the characters mean they can play with them and take them in directions that we may or may not want them to, but "our" guys stay where they were and I really like that from time to time.

The jerky thing had me laughing, but that was just the beginning - I found the whole Greer/Rush thing to be lovely. Greer was genuinely concerned about Rush's well-being after the tremors. Greer is growing into such a caring man, which is just perfect development for the character.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      That had me crying buckets, sentimental fool that I am.
      I cried buckets because of TJ. Both versions of her. What a clever way to discover that someone has illness that can't be cured, then giving some hope that there's a solution in the database, and then not solving the problem just like that. Poor TJ, she's been through so much. I'd love to see how they'd handle this situation in the next season. DAMN YOU, someone someone.
      sigpic

Comment

Okay, some moments, too.

Seeing Destiny's main weapon again. Ah, screw it. I'm going with 'everything' this time.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
          Volker getting in Rushes grill
          His statement of
          "I think i know why you are so broody.. its that we did all this, WITHOUT YOU"
          was awesome!

# How Volker's death was handled, and how Park and Greer named their first child Dale in his honor
          That was very touching. Especially the memorial they had for dale..
          As to the kid naming.. see new thread i made for it.

# The finale with Camille at the school--very moving
          That was to me the most tear jerking part of the ep. Especially how it then panned out to show the community and it slowly changing to the modern city we saw..

Varro & James getting together.
          Since i have yet to see much as a glance between them to, it was kind of strange for me to see them pair up.

the multi-birth sequence.
          it was strange them getting to see who had kids and how many..

four sons

three daughters

fifteen grandchildren...

...I'M TIRED
          Who knew Greer/parks had it in them!

the end of Epilogue was perhaps THE most moving moment since.... since.... since.... ah frak.
          I'd put it up there with Meridian, Heroes and the funeral they had for Daniel in Fire and Ice..

I have to say, sentimental idiot that I am, that I got a big ol' lump in my throat when we see the spaceship take off from Novus at the end. They mended their fences, built spacefaring ships, and left. Good on them.
          That ship flying off.. makes me wonder who designed it.

Eli becoming such an important figure in their history.........
          IMO it would stand to reasn he would.. Since he was
          A) a collage attendee (mit at that),
          B) one of the most knowledgeable (well math wise)
          C) besides parks/volkar/brody, the most sciency guy they had
          D) his expertize with the kinos.

The jerky thing had me laughing, but that was just the beginning - I found the whole Greer/Rush thing to be lovely. Greer was genuinely concerned about Rush's well-being after the tremors. Greer is growing into such a caring man, which is just perfect development for the character.
          Which was a SHOCKER to me. Especialy after his coldness (of sorts) to rush in Malice.

Comment

Brody had his good moments as well as the comic (at his expense) or the snarky.

When they are building their original, lean-to shelters Eli is whining about wanting to build somewhere else, and Brody gives him several reasons (for the umpteenth time) why this location is better. Then his frustration boils over and we lose something (again) about the character.

It's kind of sad that the guy was continuing to be marginalized (partly his own fault) because he looked like he had a lot to offer the group. I would have liked there to have been some kind of footnote about Brody being responsible for various engineering achievements in their community, and perhaps that he became a great practical joker...

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

I also thought that James was written really well.

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

Who knew Greer/Park had it in them!
                I did. You can't keep Greer down, and Park loves to read.

I also thought that James was written really well.
                Whatever there was between her and Scott seemed pretty resolved, or at least we saw how it could be resolved. I'm glad she at least had somebody in the other timeline.

As for Brody, Gollumpus, the reasons for him being mad were listed off - he wasn't part of the team staying behind with Rush and Young back in Twin Destinies, he blamed Eli, thought Rush would come back, was just angry, lost his friend Volker... It just sorta snowballed. I have no doubt he made an impact on things in the engineering quota, and that's probably what made him a founding father of Futura more than anything.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  As for Brody, Gollumpus, the reasons for him being mad were listed off - he wasn't part of the team staying behind with Rush and Young back in Twin Destinies, he blamed Eli, thought Rush would come back, was just angry, lost his friend Volker... It just sorta snowballed. I have no doubt he made an impact on things in the engineering quota, and that's probably what made him a founding father of Futura more than anything.
                  Yup, got all that, amigo. I suppose I was thinking they'd do some kind of nod to each character about what they did do, even if it was "merely" to have children. Some side comment like, "We solved that problem because of Brody" would have been nice. As I had noted, while the guy likely did contribute in significant ways the character is remembered merely as a lonely, comic figure.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

TJ did mention that Brody made the needle (in a short time) that she used to stitch up Young's leg. That was sort of a tip of the hat to him.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Which was a SHOCKER to me. Especialy after his coldness (of sorts) to rush in Malice.
                      I think he's mellowing in general though, holding less of a grudge and opening himself to more emotional interaction with the people around him. For example, the hug with Wray when the shuttle flew over the expedition planet was something that would not have happened before Alliances. I wonder if his relationship with Park is changing his outlook.

I really liked him in this ep. Ever the reliable soldier, but also a decent man.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                        TJ did mention that Brody made the needle (in a short time) that she used to stitch up Young's leg. That was sort of a tip of the hat to him.
                        I believe you are correct. Good catch.

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                          My favorite moments:
                          • The elevator muzak
                          • How Volker's death was handled, and how Park and Greer named their first child Dale in his honor
                          • TJ's illness and seeing how it gradually affected their family
                          • The beef jerky
                          • Volker declaring that they managed to do quite well without Rush's presence
                          • The finale with Camille at the school--very moving
                          I'll go with some of your favorites.

So many sad scenes the funeral scene almost made me cry so too did the flashback where we see young on his deathbed, saddest flashback however is TJ's and seeing Colonel Young and his 2 kids sitting at the table with 1 chair empty.

Favourite line
                          ARMSTRONG (narrating her diary entry): Two weeks have gone by and we now have a name for our home: Novus. It means "new." We're trying to settle in, get some decent shelters built. I'm still not sleeping well. Never thought I'd say this but ... I miss Destiny.

I liked Colonel Young going back to save Varro after he fell off the ladder, i would have hated to lose Varro especially as he was becoming accepted as one of Destiny's crew and was no longer just a Lucian Alliance soldier, he is a member of the crew.

Funny parts
                          Elevator Music
                          Brody's dam kids rant
                          Seeing one person after another give birth was kinda funny, Chloe telling Scott shut up was hilarious.

Epilogue is to SGU what The Shrine is to Atlantis, ie the best episode from each series, i would have included an SG-1 episode but with SG-1 having so many great episodes over the years, but if i had to pick one it would be a tie between Lost City and Reckoning Parts 1+2.

Comment

Working...
                          X