Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action figure stands, putty's, gels... HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Action figure stands, putty's, gels... HELP!

Like most of you, I cherish my action figures and have put a lot of time, effort and money into collecting and displaying them. I bought glass shelving and thought I had the issue of the figures falling over fixed with some clear museum gel. Not so. Thor (humorously) slowly went backwards. Although that's understandable with his heavy head and tiny legs. Then my Col. O'Neill jumped (room got too hot and the gel melted). The final straw was when one of my Vala figures fell and her head broke clean off.

My shelves are dead even, but a little vibration in the walls sends the figures jumping. I have tried just about everything and haven't found one product that works. My last resort is drilling holes, which I am trying to avoid at all costs. Does anyone else have any ideas that have worked?

I would like to know a solution too, same happens to me.

Comment

I had the same problem with my Teal'c, it was the first figure I bought. It kept falling and eventually both staff pieces broke. Now, with all of the figures I have, I just keep them laying down because i don't want anything to break.
      sigpic

Comment

Hullo folks,

the way to display figures is to think of them like ornaments. Sometimes a fig can have a slightly distorted leg or foot - if that is the case a pan of boiling water will soften the plastic so you can position it, then run it under the cold tap to solidify it again.

Occasionally, the accessories can unbalance a figure, so it will be notorious for doing somersaults. - In SG1 terms the Serpent Guard with the helmet on is a bad one, because the Cobra helmet makes him top heavy. - In my case he leans against a wall. Teal'c was another one for a bit, until I used the "boiling then cold water" trick I mentioned above.

Glass shelves may seem fine because they are a smooth surface, but they will magnify vibrations from people walking about. - I have used glass shelves in the past and you can hear more fixed based items - vases, dishes, cups rattle on the surface from floor vibrations, so the figs it will naturally be worse. - Esp if the shelves are on a stand or unit. - I have my figs in a wicker bookshelf, and they stand on a cardboard "floor" its not perfect - Colonel Carter, Colonel Mitchell and Professor Weir have all taken a tumble at different times, but the card acts as a cushion to most everyday vibrations from the floor. Also the figs are well back from the edge,and positioned so if they do fall, they will hopefully fall backwards.
        Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
        Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Or, you could just buy stands.
          http://www.theearthtoymall.com/dollstands.html

Comment

Working...
          X