Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how is naquadria more powerful then zpm's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be about the type of energy needed at one time, like zpms build slowly to full power, naquadria seems to boom all at once, for the x-factor of a 9 symbol address you would need to factor in a need for a boom of energy.

Comment

it's a simple matter of quantity. it's power versus energy. for many people identical. but so damn different. you can have all the energy in the world and still have a shortage of power. you can have more power than the entire planet generates, and still not have enough energy.

Comment

Naquadria is not as powerful than a zpm but just the sheer quantitiy of the amount of naquadria i mean it was a whole planet full of it thats alot of energy plus we dont have that many zpms seeing we cant make them.....How r there planets with naquadria deposits the goauld created naquadria on langaara as a different isotope of naquadah naquadria does not occur naturally
        sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

Originally posted by Yipikyyaysupremecommanderthor View Post
          Naquadria is not as powerful than a zpm but just the sheer quantitiy of the amount of naquadria i mean it was a whole planet full of it thats alot of energy plus we dont have that many zpms seeing we cant make them.....How r there planets with naquadria deposits the goauld created naquadria on langaara as a different isotope of naquadah naquadria does not occur naturally
          Was it ever confirmed that it can't occur naturally? I know that on Langara, a Goa'uld created it, but how do we know that there weren't some planets like Icarus where it occurs naturally? Maybe one of his enemies controlled the Alliance's Icarus planet, so the Langaran Goa'uild wanted to create his own naquadria to keep from getting taken over.

Comment

Never confirmed as far as I know. That said the phenomenon exists, so in a way, it is natural, but with a little push I suppose. Still, it is intimately tied to naqahdah. It doesn't trigger an atomic alteration on any other substance. Naqahdah itself is such an impossible material, I think it is linked to subspace in a way or another. I'd see both naqahdah and naqahdria as more or less natural portals to subspace, as they cause bleeding of subspace into realspace. With naqahdah, it's manageable and can be very clean. With naqahdria, it's not manageable above a certain strain on the particles themselves.
            As I pointed out a looong time ago, there's a certain parallel to draw between the behaviour of naqahdria and the Arcturus core in how they become unstable the more they're tapped, and how both of them project slow moving waves of supposedly radioactive energy that burns organic tissues, down to a strong similarity in the visual effect!
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

TAL,

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
              I agree with you. The only explanation seems to be bad writing.

An O'neill Device can boost the power on a gate enough for galaxy-to-galaxy wormhole travel. Its powered by a single staff weapon. What would happen with 10 staff weapons? Then there is Naquida generators, how are they not more powerful than a staff weapon? Once SG1 had those, why would they need an O'Neill device anymore?

At various times Atlantis had a ZPM, they were able to dial Earth at regular intervals to check in. Is it a simple multiplier? Does dialing the distance to earth twice mean you could have dialed a galaxy twice the distance from earth-pegasus once? If that is the case, if you count how many times they dialed Earth, just how far out there could they have dialed?

Thor was able to open a wormhole back to his home planet (galaxy) with a tiny hand held (stone?) device.

An Asgard ship was able to get from its home galaxy to earth in what? 2-10 minutes?

Somehow, pre-supergate, the priors of the Ori were able to dial the gates from their home galaxy presumably ridiculously far away and end up in the Milky Way. Earth should ask them about that...

We are meant to believe that the combined energy storing capacity of (a partially charged) Destiny and Seeder ship can generate as much power as needed, but that 1,2,3 ZPMs can't? A fully powered Destiny requires more power than Atlantis? Destiny that could probably dock on Atlantis? If that is the case then they are going about things all wrong on the show. There should be Earth based scientists constantly "stoned" into Destiny trying to reverse engineer its energy storing capabilities (capacitors?)...

I'm sure that ZPM's could dial Destiny when they were first introduced, but like the Ancients, they had to dumb them down to fit the plot.
              I think you are discounting the vast distance that Destiny has traveled. If it's been traveling at FTL for 50 Million years it's beyond the local group. It's wwwwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyy out there. As such a tremndous amount of energy is necessary to travel those vast distances.
              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Was it ever confirmed that it can't occur naturally? I know that on Langara, a Goa'uld created it, but how do we know that there weren't some planets like Icarus where it occurs naturally? Maybe one of his enemies controlled the Alliance's Icarus planet, so the Langaran Goa'uild wanted to create his own naquadria to keep from getting taken over.
                of course it can occur naturally. any artificial element can occur naturally. it's just that some of them require crazy circumstances to form.

even if we go Drake's formula on this, there is still a likelyhood that an Icarus Planet forms easily, but also goes critical easily from meteor impacts triggering an explosion

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  of course it can occur naturally. any artificial element can occur naturally. it's just that some of them require crazy circumstances to form.

even if we go Drake's formula on this, there is still a likelyhood that an Icarus Planet forms easily, but also goes critical easily from meteor impacts triggering an explosion
                  No, they cannot.

Drake's equation has nothing to do with predicting planet formation.
                  Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

An O'neill Device can boost the power on a gate enough for galaxy-to-galaxy wormhole travel. Its powered by a single staff weapon. What would happen with 10 staff weapons? Then there is Naquida generators, how are they not more powerful than a staff weapon? Once SG1 had those, why would they need an O'Neill device anymore?

At various times Atlantis had a ZPM, they were able to dial Earth at regular intervals to check in. Is it a simple multiplier? Does dialing the distance to earth twice mean you could have dialed a galaxy twice the distance from earth-pegasus once? If that is the case, if you count how many times they dialed Earth, just how far out there could they have dialed?

Thor was able to open a wormhole back to his home planet (galaxy) with a tiny hand held (stone?) device.

An Asgard ship was able to get from its home galaxy to earth in what? 2-10 minutes?

Somehow, pre-supergate, the priors of the Ori were able to dial the gates from their home galaxy presumably ridiculously far away and end up in the Milky Way. Earth should ask them about that...

We are meant to believe that the combined energy storing capacity of (a partially charged) Destiny and Seeder ship can generate as much power as needed, but that 1,2,3 ZPMs can't? A fully powered Destiny requires more power than Atlantis? Destiny that could probably dock on Atlantis? If that is the case then they are going about things all wrong on the show. There should be Earth based scientists constantly "stoned" into Destiny trying to reverse engineer its energy storing capabilities (capacitors?)...

I'm sure that ZPM's could dial Destiny when they were first introduced, but like the Ancients, they had to dumb them down to fit the plot.
                    ok check it i know i am real late to commenting but base on what you wrote u got it wrong in the sense of technology
                    from old to new is SOLAR CAPACITORS then NAQUADAH then ZPM it about efficiency

ok timeline

the Alterans and Ori Unknown Galaxy 50 million years plus very advance
                    the ancients Miliky Way Galaxy 5 - 10 million years ago
                    the Lantians 10 thousand years ago
                    the lagacy of the Lantians in eartlings with profe of the lanterns activation gene in humans present time

ok technology wise and time line

the alterans never had stargates in there galaxy was no point to it the stargate started in the milky way galaxy but it come comfusing so i have 2 theory about the gates 1 st gen and 2nd gen gates

1 theroy is that before getting to the miliky way galaxy the created created destiny and seed ships but i dont want to think of that theory

2 theory is when they came to the miliky way they created destiny and started seeding the milky way befor the ships moved onto another galaxy my problem is what did there use to replace gn 1 with gen 2 gates

there is a 3 theory that it had no gates in the milky way galaxy and destiny was created to seed other galaxy and they had a plan in place to reach destiny when was time

there is info missing in the show because the basics was skip over we know destiny is older with older gates but it has no gates in the milky way looking like the on in stargate universe so it goes to think that earth gate and the NAQUADAH core planet was the oldest gates made after destiny as it is faster to go from earth gate to the naquadah core planet gate then destiny which never happoned as most of the ancients left the milky way some time after due to plaques and stuff

ok now before the ancients made the star gates in the milky way galaxy they made Destiny and the seed ships we know the seed ships build and drop off the gates on planets that where not related to the milky way galaxy Destiny was not made on earth or in the milky way galaxy because the ship purpose was to explore the end of the universe as we know kill 2 birds with one stone kind of thing meaning while going that way no one side there could not explore other planets in the process any way enoght of that

SOLAR CAPACITORS then NAQUADAH then ZPM

destiny can has the power of the sun powering the gate u can go to atlantic with easy but getting power from the sun was not efficent enough for then

naquadah was efficent when use right unless u planing to go to atlantice using a planet it will be very unstable

ZPM was vey efficent and did the job

whats mess up is that distany power will be the best to go to Atlantice as much as possible u only need to replace the gen 1 gate with a gen 2 gate because gen 1 gates dont have the address on it like gen 2 and gen 3 so it impossibe to dil to atlantice using gen i gate

zpm is a long term power supply not shoet term it will dye quick thats y it effeicent

distany good at long and short term but the way it get power is to much of a hassle

i have more to say but i hope some one correct or continue this

Comment

I made a quick diagram of how this works.

Also keep in mind, a planet is far far larger than a ZPM. A ZPM the size of a planet would probably have more power than a Naquadria planet
                      sigpic

Comment

How about using a puddle jumper thru a supergate powered by a black hole?

Comment

I figure it has something to do with an exponential chain reaction which can compound to make an insane energy burst

Problem is it is difficult to harness if there are fluctuations, hence planets exploding

I do wonder if Atlantis would be involved in stabilising Jonas home planet, eg ZPM powers a device that keeps Naquadria stable and controlled.

I do think Jonas planet was the key to ensuring consistent back and forth travel between Destiny and Milky Way and they seemed to be building up to it in later seasons

Comment

Yeah it's an interesting point how 40% capable Destiny + busted Seed ship can dial Earth, and I have thought about inconsistencies, eg Ancient Ancients could build Destiny to fly through Stars etc yet in SGA there was that ship where everyone got burned but it could be like a Stealth plane where the Design is uniquely structured to be immune to Stars (but not Alien fire or Pulsar radiation...)

This follows there's something special or unique about it's Engine and Energy systems, eg FTL is different to run of the mill Hyperspace

I wonder aloud if it is a matter of being derived from different factions of Ancients, eg we know there is Ori and Ancients so Destiny could have come from a third force and so there Ancient tech is a distinct variation in itself

Only way I have to explain the inconsistencies, eg there is Sarcophagus devices to resurrect dead people since Stargate 1994 yet Dr Kane and co couldn't be resurrected, yet the shuttle is brand new?

And then there's the fact the Stargates are all localised prototypes of limited range yet the Destiny Gate also somehow has the capacity to send and receive to a Stargate several dozens of Galaxies away

Comment

Working...
                            X