Where is the DHD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the DHD?

I was just re watching the latest episode of SGU and i noticed that there was no DHD on the planet they gate to.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Capture-2.png

How do they gate back home? perhaps this was addressed and i have just forgotten about it. please enlighten me.

thanks
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 April 2011, 11:40 PM. Reason: Changed pic tags.Max is only 100 KB

They have kino remotes for dialing. No DHDs.
    sigpic

Comment

It may also be possible that the gates can be accessed from the panel at the side, if nessecary.

But remember the gates werent put out there for others to use, it was for the Ancients only.

Comment

The gates in the Destiny network do not use DHDs. The Destiny gate itself is dialed using the computers in the gate room, but once you go to a planet, the Kino remotes are used to dial the ship or nearby gates that are in range.

Is this the first time you've been watching SGU? They have kind of used the remotes for two seasons now...

Comment

Originally posted by I am Goa'uld View Post
          I was just re watching the latest episode of SGU and i noticed that there was no DHD on the planet they gate to.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Capture-2.png

How do they gate back home? perhaps this was addressed and i have just forgotten about it. please enlighten me.

thanks
          Not watched SGU much have you

N.C

Comment

I wonder if the people on Nova made some kind of makeshift DHD for their gate.

Comment

guys we shouldn't reveal the "goauld" how to use those gates. im suspicious lol.
              sigpic

Comment

They do have DHDs or a Dial Home Device in SGU, instead of it being in the form of a podium its in the form of a remote the Kino remote which has a lot more features than just being a remote control for the Kinos.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                  Not watched SGU much have you

N.C
                  well its true i don't watch SGU as religiously as i watch SG1 but i do watch them once when they come out. They don't used the Stargate much in SGU. I guess i just
                  had forgotten how they dial home when they are "off world" or "off ship"?

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                  I wonder if the people on Nova made some kind of makeshift DHD for their gate.
                  yeah that's what i was thinking how did the descendants use gate travel when they had a very limited supply of kinos? It was said
                  they were sacred to them so i doubt they just let people wonder off world with their sacred artifacts. Perhaps the civilization of descendants just copied
                  the technology to create their own kino DHDs or perhaps like someone mentioned above they can dial with the side panel thing.

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                  guys we shouldn't reveal the "goauld" how to use those gates. im suspicious lol.
                  Bow before your god.

Comment

They had plenty of time to develop a way of dialing the gate without a kino remote.
                    sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

I'm wondering if they can be manually dialed.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        I'm wondering if they can be manually dialed.
                        well i know in SG1 carter could manually dial the gates using a naquadah generator but ive noticed that these gates turn differently if they even turn at all.

Comment

well i know in SG1 carter could manually dial the gates using a naquadah generator but ive noticed that these gates turn differently if they even turn at all.
                          The Universe gates do turn. It's better to just watch this so you know how it works;

I believe that because the SGU gates rotate (as the SGC gate) and due to their limited range, the gates are always in a state of manual dialling.

SG1 gate facts: Stargates without a DHD being manually dialled have a range of 300 light years (episode "2001").
                          SGU gate facts: Stargates have a limited range so can only connect to local gates (every episode of SGU where they talk about gates in range).

SG1 gate facts: Without a DHD, the SGC rotates (every SG1 episode)
                          SGU gate facts: They don't have DHDs and rotate (every episode of SGU where we see the gate being dialled with remote).

I may be adding 1+1 and getting 42, but to me the SGU gates are used in the same way as the SGC gate, so always being manually dialled. The only difference is the SGC gate being able to go beyond 300 light years because it's able to draw power from the base. It's also that extra power which allows the gate to rotate by itself. The SGU remotes allow the gate to rotate by themselves but don't have the extra power needed for 300+ light year journey.

Considering SGU has shown their gates have an on/off button, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more controls hidden away.

sigpic

Comment

the WHOLE gate spins! not to sound rude or anything

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              The Universe gates do turn. It's better to just watch this so you know how it works;

I believe that because the SGU gates rotate (as the SGC gate) and due to their limited range, the gates are always in a state of manual dialling.

SG1 gate facts: Stargates without a DHD being manually dialled have a range of 300 light years (episode "2001").
                              SGU gate facts: Stargates have a limited range so can only connect to local gates (every episode of SGU where they talk about gates in range).

SG1 gate facts: Without a DHD, the SGC rotates (every SG1 episode)
                              SGU gate facts: They don't have DHDs and rotate (every episode of SGU where we see the gate being dialled with remote).

I may be adding 1+1 and getting 42, but to me the SGU gates are used in the same way as the SGC gate, so always being manually dialled. The only difference is the SGC gate being able to go beyond 300 light years because it's able to draw power from the base. It's also that extra power which allows the gate to rotate by itself. The SGU remotes allow the gate to rotate by themselves but don't have the extra power needed for 300+ light year journey.

Considering SGU has shown their gates have an on/off button, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more controls hidden away.
                              ah very informative

thank you sir

Comment

Working...
                              X