X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I am Goa'uld View Post
    thank you sir
    thank you for watching SGU

had to mention it, don't wanna alienate someone who watches SGU.

Comment

So.. do the pedistals provide power?? If so, i wonder if they could manually dial.. if they lose their kino.

Comment

Yes they do, Eli was turning the on in "Common Descent" on and off signalling morse code

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
          Yes they do, Eli was turning the on in "Common Descent" on and off signalling morse code

N.C
          That was more of a hack than a button

Comment

I can't see why they wouldn't have a manual button ability so where on the gate or it's pedestals. It seems only logical from a race smart enough to build the network. They'd be stupid enough to think that Kino Remotes might never be lost or broken.

Comment

True.. but they would have also made sure others would not use the gate system..

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                SG1 gate facts: Stargates without a DHD being manually dialled have a range of 300 light years (episode "2001").

The only difference is the SGC gate being able to go beyond 300 light years because it's able to draw power from the base.
                Minor correction (for anyone who stumbles on these older threads, looking for information): The 300 light year range limit only applies if there is no DHD on both Milky Way gates. Consequently, any time we saw Sg-1 gate to a planet without a DHD, that planet should have been within 300 light years of Earth. Likewise, it should have been impossible to manually dial Earth from a planet that had a missing DHD and was more than 300 light years away. They would've had to first dial up a different planet that they knew had a working DHD and gate back to Earth from that second planet. There's never been an instance where this was shown or said to be necessary on-screen, though.

Here's the exact quote from "2001:"

Carter: In my early work with the Stargate program, I theorized that all things being equal, the outside limit per lock between two planets without a DHD is three hundred light years. The computer is searching for viable coordinates within that radius of the Volian system, P3A-194.

Apparently this rule does not apply when dialing a 9th chevron address as the Destiny's DHD does not expand the max range of two local gates, like its more advanced Milky Way counterparts, and yet it was possible to dial Earth from the Destiny in "Twin Destinies." Of course, we never did see Telford come out the other side, so for all we know Atlantis was still in Earth's solar system and had replaced the SGC at that point.
                Last edited by Xaeden; 30 March 2024, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X