Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Silence (SPOILERS for all aired eps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Silence (SPOILERS for all aired eps)

Im loving this story arc

Okay heres what we know so far
    • They were trying to build a tardis in the Lodger
    • They were able to take control of the tardis during the pandorica opens and subsequently tried to blow up the doctors tardis and destroy the universe, or perhaps they are trying to erase things from time
    • They look like Roswell aliens
    • They have had a system of tunnels under the earth for hundreds of years
    • They have the ability to edit themselves out of peoples memory
    • They may have a connection to Amy given that they chose her time to blow up the tardis
    • Other aliens may know about them, given how many we've seen talk about silence falling
    • The final lines of Abigail's Song in A Chrismas Carol repeated the line "Silence will fall / Silence will fall all around"
    • There was one in the oval office in 1969
    • They blew up that chick Joy in the white house with ease.
    • They seemingly had something to do with killing the doctor at the start of The Impossible Astronaut and are apparently still active on Earth in 2011
    • They seemed to be in the Tardis with Amy in the Lodger and were present on Earth in the museum in the big bang

Based on the trailer for series 6
    Spoiler:
    they or their leader have killed hundreds of timelords

I think thats all of it...

Discuss
    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 24 April 2011, 02:22 PM.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Ok then let me start , are we 110% sure that they are the silence ? And even then we can't be sure that it was they/their leader that made that statement .
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
      Ok then let me start , are we 110% sure that they are the silence ? And even then we can't be sure that it was they/their leader that made that statement .
      As I said in the episode 1 discussion thread, I listened to both of their voices, and they dont sound the same...
      We will have to wait till episode 4...
      And as to whether they are the Silence, they have been named the Silence on the BBC website and Moffat confirmed we would see them in these episodes so im pretty confident they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        As I said in the episode 1 discussion thread, I listened to both of their voices, and they dont sound the same...
        We will have to wait till episode 4...
        And as to whether they are the Silence, they have been named the Silence on the BBC website and Moffat confirmed we would see them in these episodes so im pretty confident they are.
        I read your post there and i agree , but i don't visit the BBC webpage , i avoid spoilers .
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Have people seen this?

http://omfgerbear.tumblr.com/post/45...tions-of-their

Don't have all my DVDs with me at the moment so could only check the Lodger and Big Bang. I think the ones in the Big Bang could be just shadows and a crew member walking into shot. The Lodger however is definitely there, when I did my rewatch recently I caught it myself without seeing this list, but when I checked the list it was a different moment, 13:53 Amy sees to be trying to tell the Doctor about something in the TARDIS but then forgets about it. I'd probably put both these down to coincidence if not for The Impossible Astronaut
          Spoiler:
          implying that the Lodger TARDIS is theirs.

Anyone with the other DVDs on hand care to check?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
            Have people seen this?

http://omfgerbear.tumblr.com/post/45...tions-of-their

Don't have all my DVDs with me at the moment so could only check the Lodger and Big Bang. I think the ones in the Big Bang could be just shadows and a crew member walking into shot. The Lodger however is definitely there, when I did my rewatch recently I caught it myself without seeing this list, but when I checked the list it was a different moment, 13:53 Amy sees to be trying to tell the Doctor about something in the TARDIS but then forgets about it. I'd probably put both these down to coincidence if not for The Impossible Astronaut
            Spoiler:
            implying that the Lodger TARDIS is theirs.

Anyone with the other DVDs on hand care to check?
            Thats a nice find, Ill have to rewatch those

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
              I read your post there and i agree , but i don't visit the BBC webpage , i avoid spoilers .
              They were in the credits as the silent and moffat has confirmed it many times that this is the silence
              and Im rewatching the lodger now to see if its in it...

And twice in the episode so far Amy has been in the Tardis on her own and shouted "Hey" Then looked confused...

STEVEN MOFFAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 24 April 2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                They were in the credits as the silent and moffat has confirmed it many times that his is the silence

And twice in the episode so far Amy has been in the Tardis on her own and shouted "Hey" Then looked confused...

Rewatched some of the scenes...

Some definately seem like they could be related to the Silence, some are more obvious than others

Comment

Rewatched some of the scenes...

Some definately seem like they could be related to the Silence, some are more obvious than others
                  13:30 in the big bang, someone just pointed it out to me on facebook

I hope its not a production error

Comment

13:30 in the big bang, someone just pointed it out to me on facebook

I hope its not a production error
                    Yeah, I saw that, someone walking off camera? Im not sure whether its a camera man or something else cause you dont see much of it

Also, when the Tardis door randomely shuts at the end of Vampires of Venice...

Comment

Yeah, I saw that, someone walking off camera? Im not sure whether its a camera man or something else cause you dont see much of it

Also, when the Tardis door randomely shuts at the end of Vampires of Venice...
                      Ya someone walking off camera, looking at it now.. it does look like one of the silence but its difficult to tell

Comment

They were in the credits as the silent and moffat has confirmed it many times that this is the silence

Also, Arthur Darvill calls them 'The Silents' when referring to them being int he room while we watch the episode of Day of the Moon. It's in a video on the official BBC site. Matt Smith has also mentioned them in interviews and said they were in the first episode of series 6.

I'm going to check out some of these silent sightings. I just love it when they add it little glimpses like that to build up to future episodes.

Maybe the got a speech therapist. I had a friend who couldn't pronounce their 'r's' properly and...anyway, what were we talking about again?

Also, how do we know the Silence made that TARDIS in The Lodger? It actually makes sense now that I think about it but I never realised how one came to that conclusion, apart from the little child in distress voice. Perhaps I missed something.
                        Last edited by Zed_PM; 25 April 2011, 11:11 PM.
                        My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Zed_PM View Post
                          Also, how do we know the Silence made that TARDIS in The Lodger? It actually makes sense now that I think about it but I never realised how one came to that conclusion, apart from the little child in distress voice. Perhaps I missed something.
                          Well we don't, but either way its the silents tardis now

Comment

Oh good, I haven't missed something. I think I will re-watch The Lodger before I ask anymore foolish questions.
                            My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

someone posted this link in the thread about the first ep (can't remember their name, I'll edit this if they or someone else tells me) http://omfgerbear.tumblr.com/post/45...tions-of-their and I went through some of the eps, and to me it doesn't seem like moments of the silence.

11th hour-rory looking behind him when he comes out of the elevator, to me it just seems like he didn't wanna trip on anything.

11th hour-amy looking terrified before asking the doctor "why me", to me and my friends that just looked like panic, becausae he was offering her this wonderful scary thing and she was panicked wanting to know why he picked her.

Victory of the Daleks- the doctor looking shocked after being tricked by the daleks, in the context of the episode, the doctor has just seen that the daleks are back and badder than ever, and he just let them go. to me and my friends, he just looks scared that his enemies are back and annoyed at himself for what he's done. this is proven more when he talks to amy about it

The Lodger- when amy looks scared and angry and tries to get the doctors attention- this is the only one that could have made sense to me, but it also could be that amy is trapped alone in the TARDIS and she wants the doctors attention, so she's yelling for him

the big bang- i saw the clip that ppl were talking about and i didn't see anyone walking around so i'll have to rewatch it, but there was a shadow at the back rhs that looks like the open sarcophagis and not a person

i didn't rewatch the vampires ep, because the door closes by itself a few times in the past, nor did i rewatch beast below because the bad guys in that walk around in black coats too...

i'm not trying to burst peoples bubbles, and you can go on thinking what you want it's cool, but to me with these small clips it doesn't look like the silence have been in DW before
                              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*
                              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Working...
                              X