Have the people of Novus ascended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have the people of Novus ascended?

The planet looked empty, could they have ascended? I can't think of why they would all die like that in 30 years. There should be some of them still there had that been the case. But if they ascended then that would explain things, actually no it won't still worth pondering on though. And how about those god-like aliens from "faith" planet? Maybe its them. Also is it at all possible to link what happened in novus to the "message in the universe"?
    Last edited by Duneknight; 23 April 2011, 03:11 PM.
    sigpic

They'd have to know how to ascend, and it took the Ancients over 50 million years to learn how to do it, assuming they had knowledge of it before they left their home galaxy. Unless an Ancient showed up and helped them, I can't see it happening.

sigpic

Comment

Why is it so hard for people to believe people die? It happens around our planet every day. I think they explained pretty thoroughly why there where no people left on the planet.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by dacooker
      The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        Why is it so hard for people to believe people die? It happens around our planet every day. I think they explained pretty thoroughly why there where no people left on the planet.
        There'd be bodies though, wouldn't there? At the very least, bones.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          If you watched the ep you would know there was no evidence of them dying. They found the massive shelter. It could be they are all dead in there.

SGU is littered with speculative eps not knowing what happend to who and how. If they cant find evidence what happend it could be they somehow have been relocated by the planet builders or something else.

Comment

No..They didn't ascend at least it would be extremely unlikely. As far as we've seen Destiny is far beyond the reach of the ascended ancients and all the humans at our point in the evolutionary scale we've seen evolve had help from Oma or someone else.

Its far more likely they evacuated through the gate, but then the question arises of why didn't they contact their colonies.. the same could be said for evacuation via ship, like the city we saw didn't have any signs of damage. Perhaps the gate was destroyed suddenly so they built underground bunkers until the atmosphere became unbreathable and moved there.... or they could have moved off world but an explosion from the planet destroyed the gate on both ends... At any rate can't wait for new ep
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

my guess is that something killed them, or took them. though ascension is possible i doubt that is it. what ever it is i imagine it will be discussed in the next episode.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                There'd be bodies though, wouldn't there? At the very least, bones.
                under all the volcanic ash, yes.

Comment

the planet builders couldve saved them and maybe built for them a new planet?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                    the planet builders couldve saved them and maybe built for them a new planet?
                    I dunno.. if the planet builders were that generous they would have saved the hope peeps and not sent them back and died.. though sending them back was generous enough I suppose..

Maybe the hope planet was built for the Novus humans? It seemed perfect.. though the winter was pretty bad
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                      under all the volcanic ash, yes.
                      After 30 yrs.. those bodies would be bone and nothing else by now.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        After 30 yrs.. those bodies would be bone and nothing else by now.
                        Or it could be a Pompeii situation where the bodies were covered in ash casts.

Comment

I'll say it again, 2000 years is not long enough for humans from Earth to physiologically evolve into anything close to unaided Ascension.

As was stated above, it took the Ancients 50 million years.

2000 years is nothing compared to that.

N.C

Comment

Maybe they evacuated through the Stargate before it was rendered inoperable. We'll find out soon enough
                            sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                              Maybe they evacuated through the Stargate before it was rendered inoperable. We'll find out soon enough
                              oh some of them probably did, unless the stargate got damaged all of a sudden by the drones. stargates are meant to survive volcanoes and such.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X